• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it?

Taxed high in BC, and strongly controlled. I do not believe that it should even be administered to minors, especially when they should be focussed on school. They are already given to alcohol, and sexual exploration, both of which done irresponsibly can lead to dire consequences. Marijuana legalisation is just more icing on that cake.

It affects short term memory and hinders learning. It causes people to become addicted to the stimulation it gives, just like any stimulant.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
On point:

Anything which is grown in the ground is something governments have no business interfering with as an activity. We already have perfectly sufficient laws in place for dealing with MJ or just about any other plant based intoxicant: don't drive while intoxicated; don't do surgery or make legal decisions while compromised, etc. The US spends billions spraying for wild hemp each year only to destroy a few non-intoxicants (wild hemp you can't even get high off of without eating like a metric ton of it). SO basically it is a huge waste of time and a huge violation of our rights.

But as a side note: I am confused how this is a religious issue. Surely this belongs in one of the other forums further down the page? Like maybe one of the green world or the politics forums? I for the life of me cannot see how this relates to religion or religion versus secular viewpoints.

MTF

krsnaraja

On point:

Anything which is grown in the ground is something governments have no business interfering with as an activity. We already have perfectly sufficient laws in place for dealing with MJ or just about any other plant based intoxicant: don't drive while intoxicated; don't do surgery or make legal decisions while compromised, etc. The US spends billions spraying for wild hemp each year only to destroy a few non-intoxicants (wild hemp you can't even get high off of without eating like a metric ton of it). SO basically it is a huge waste of time and a huge violation of our rights.

But as a side note: I am confused how this is a religious issue. Surely this belongs in one of the other forums further down the page? Like maybe one of the green world or the politics forums? I for the life of me cannot see how this relates to religion or religion versus secular viewpoints.

MTF

Maybe you have not tried the so-called magic mushrooms- a hallucinogen. It grows on cow dung during thunderstorms. Go look for it. If you see them grow. Pick them up, wash them & boil them with water. You drink the concoction or you eat the meat. & 30 minutes later it`s Pow! Boom boom pow! With marijuana if you can`t smoke it you can eat it as the main ingredient when you bake brownies.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Maybe you have not tried the so-called magic mushrooms- a hallucinogen. It grows on cow dung during thunderstorms. Go look for it. If see them grow. Pick them up, wash them & boil them with water. You drink the concoction or you eat the meat. & 30 minutes alter it`s Pow! Boom boom pow! With marijuana if you can`t smoke it you can eat it as ingredient when bake brownies.

I'm curious how you think this undermines my point. Anything which grows should be legal. Regulating what can or cannot grow in the ground is not the proper job of government, and doing so is a waste of taxpayer resources.

And no matter how screwed up something makes you get, if all you ever do with it is use it to relax in the privacy of your own home, then I fail to see what business it is of other people's to tell you that you can't do that.

Still not seeing the religious connection.

MTF

krsnaraja

I'm curious how you think this undermines my point. Anything which grows should be legal. Regulating what can or cannot grow in the ground is not the proper job of government, and doing so is a waste of taxpayer resources.

And no matter how screwed up something makes you get, if all you ever do with it is use it to relax in the privacy of your own home, then I fail to see what business it is of other people's to tell you that you can't do that.

Still not seeing the religious connection.

MTF

Lord Siva smokes ganja with his devotees inside crematoriums. Lord Siva is the advocate of the Advaita philosophy. That you & God are One.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

There are things that grow naturally and yet are dangerous. Heck, snake venom is even more spontaneous than naturally-occurring crops.

Besides, I don't think we are talking about natural growth here anyway.

It is a matter of public health. Much as some medicines must be controlled, so must psychoactive drugs, naturally occurring or otherwise.

vnct

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it? . .
my neighbor got high and tried to combust my vehicle fuel tank with fireworks.

it's much like drinking alcohol. some people should and some people shouldn't.

how does one's legal record look otherwise?

Last edited:

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
No dear

the good stuff is skunky :)

the use of weed is fine in moderation, but most heads completely miss the big picture [on purpose]

Its bad news no matter how you slice it.

Really bad.

You know how many educations this weed destroys??? starting in high school and grade schoold for some.

then there is the distribution and growing which around here is no joke and deadly.

I was almost murdered for a half pound, instead after I left they put 6 12guage rounds in my friends back with a sleeping bag covering him so he wouldnt splatter blood on their clothes. I helped convict them.

thats just the tip of the iceberg

little johney going to grade school with a lunch box full of joints is the normal.

If I hear one more person call this crap a harmless drug ill puke at the ignorance of the whole picture

outhouse, I think you had a very atypical (and horrific) experience. I can see why you have such strong views.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Personally, I believe it is another stupid thing people use to try and get rid of there problems.

Financally, Would like to see it legalized and taxed up the wahoo! People will always be stupid so we might as well make money off them.

Bob Dixon

>implying
The freedom lost with marijuana being illegal is greater than the problems that would be gained if it was legalised.

In fact, we'd have less problems. Think of the children and legalise it!

gnomon

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it? . .

It should be decriminalized. The laws enacted to fix a problem that never existed have done a tremendous amount of damage to multiple societies. A plant that holds numerous beneficial commercial uses, medicinal uses and the active ingredients are relatively less harmful than other drugs used for the same purpose has been known for decades. The government, through the DEA, has lied, as in knowingly did not tell the truth, about the science regarding medical marijuana. Arrests for the use of marijuana is one of the primary reasons that we have overcrowded prisons and a failed justice system. Throwing drug users in prison means they are more likely than not to repeat offend and more likely to commit a more serious crime than if we treat drug users as a health problem.

What ****** me off is that we didn't learn this as a society in the last few years. We've known this, on a scientific basis, for quite some time. Every step of the way there has been a medical or scientific organization or panel the government hired to study the effects of criminalization and the whole way they advised against it. But we still do it.

outhouse

Atheistically
Im sorry you have had bad experiences outhouse, but I disagree that cannabis is inherently harmful. People are stupid, and being intoxicated will only make stupid people behave more stupid most of the time, but I have known many people to be very intelligent smokers who dont engage in stupid behavior and can keep their minds on a complete focused level.

It wasnt bad, its called growing up,,, in a weed community, in high school 90% were stoned.

If you dont think its harmful, its only because you dont understand the problem

from childrens use, to distribution. you have to be ignorant to it, to find it harmless.

Alceste

Vagabond
It wasnt bad, its called growing up,,, in a weed community, in high school 90% were stoned.

If you dont think its harmful, its only because you dont understand the problem

from childrens use, to distribution. you have to be ignorant to it, to find it harmless.

Or else you could be very intimately familiar with a much more typical and much less dramatic community of potheads.

outhouse

Atheistically
outhouse, I think you had a very atypical (and horrific) experience. I can see why you have such strong views.

Not really atypical or horrific. loosing friends sucked ya. i survived. many didnt.

Most heads ignore the real facts involved and only focus on "hey its not as bad as booze"

In that context its not. But it is ONLY a small view of the big picture.

Take away childrens use including high school, and the ilegal distribution. And i'd be fine with it.

I can tell you now, all the current growers I know want it to remain ilegal because it would drop the price.

outhouse

Atheistically
Or else you could be very intimately familiar with a much more typical and much less dramatic community of potheads.

True.

im stuffing 15 years of heavy use in a small thread. My experience is very typical

Like I said, I just touched the tip of the iceberg

outhouse

Atheistically
It should be decriminalized. The laws enacted to fix a problem that never existed have done a tremendous amount of damage to multiple societies. A plant that holds numerous beneficial commercial uses, medicinal uses and the active ingredients are relatively less harmful than other drugs used for the same purpose has been known for decades. The government, through the DEA, has lied, as in knowingly did not tell the truth, about the science regarding medical marijuana. Arrests for the use of marijuana is one of the primary reasons that we have overcrowded prisons and a failed justice system. Throwing drug users in prison means they are more likely than not to repeat offend and more likely to commit a more serious crime than if we treat drug users as a health problem.

What ****** me off is that we didn't learn this as a society in the last few years. We've known this, on a scientific basis, for quite some time. Every step of the way there has been a medical or scientific organization or panel the government hired to study the effects of criminalization and the whole way they advised against it. But we still do it.

seems like a one sided biased view my good friend.

No prison is full of casual users. sp lets get that straight right now.

I used to know a guy that did 10 years for a shake joint though. Those times have passed for most states.

So you think its alright for little johny taking a lunchbox full of joints to sell to children for their lunch money?????

highschool kids futures ruined from the start?????????

deaths from cartel grow operations????

deaths from distribution issues?????

deaths from rip off's gone wromg????????

these are all local issues without touching the mexican connections and border issues

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Taxed high in BC, and strongly controlled.
But, IMO, not so controlled that there's still significant demand for the illegal stuff, and not taxed to the point that its price is so high that biker gangs feel that it's worthwhile to kill each other (and the inevitable innocent bystanders) for control of it.

outhouse

Atheistically
Personally, I believe it is another stupid thing people use to try and get rid of there problems.

Financally, Would like to see it legalized and taxed up the wahoo! People will always be stupid so we might as well make money off them.

its not really a problem solver.

Its a way of life.

taxing wont work because most heads I know grow it, if taxes were high, then the current price would dictate more ilegal grows

outhouse

Atheistically
Most of you are completely unaware how large the problem is.

A few years back it was the #2 buisiness in Ca with only the automotive industry larger.

the fact its unregulated ****** the gov off, and ad to the fact the millions spent fighting the large drug cartels.

as for personl use, I have personally pulled many plants ready for harvest inside from sherriffs helicopter prop wash. they did nothing at all because it was a small amount to them [roughly 20lbs of bud]

I dont know how to solve the problem, but I do not ignore the problem either