• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you think its alright for little johny taking a lunchbox full of joints to sell to children for their lunch money?????

highschool kids futures ruined from the start?????????
I think that our treatment of marijuana should be like our treatment of alcohol. We can legalize it without declaring that these sorts of behaviours are okay.

I mean, it's legal for me to brew my own beer. It's also legal for me to give it away to friends. But if I try to sell it, or if I give it to a minor, I'd be in a world of trouble.

deaths from cartel grow operations????

deaths from distribution issues?????

deaths from rip off's gone wromg????????
It seems to me that these problems come from marijuana's illegality, not marijuana itself. Just as the end of alcohol prohibition saw the end of "bathtub gin", bootlegging, and gang warfare over control of alcohol, the same will happen with the end of marijuana prohibition, IMO.

If you make it possible for legitimate businesses to grow and sell marijuana, they'll do it, and undercut all the existing cartels. If you make it possible for people to sue when a transaction over marijuana goes wrong, then there will be no need for these disputes to be settled with violence.

these are all local issues without touching the mexican connections and border issues
Let me ask you something: is there currently a serious problem of alcohol smuggling from Mexico into the US? Are people sneaking Corona and tequila into the country in any great quantity?

outhouse

Atheistically
I think that our treatment of marijuana should be like our treatment of alcohol. We can legalize it without declaring that these sorts of behaviours are okay.

I mean, it's legal for me to brew my own beer. It's also legal for me to give it away to friends. But if I try to sell it, or if I give it to a minor, I'd be in a world of trouble.

It seems to me that these problems come from marijuana's illegality, not marijuana itself. Just as the end of alcohol prohibition saw the end of "bathtub gin", bootlegging, and gang warfare over control of alcohol, the same will happen with the end of marijuana prohibition, IMO.

If you make it possible for legitimate businesses to grow and sell marijuana, they'll do it, and undercut all the existing cartels. If you make it possible for people to sue when a transaction over marijuana goes wrong, then there will be no need for these disputes to be settled with violence.

Let me ask you something: is there currently a serious problem of alcohol smuggling from Mexico into the US? Are people sneaking Corona and tequila into the country in any great quantity?

Like I said, I see the current problem. Im not sure about the solution either.

people here in Ca like it just the way it is, not that ilegal but yet ilegal enough to make money

outhouse

Atheistically
It seems to me that these problems come from marijuana's illegality, not marijuana itself.

I wish you were right my friend.

but here in Ca it is mostly legal, and those still are all the current problems.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It wasnt bad, its called growing up,,, in a weed community, in high school 90% were stoned.

If you dont think its harmful, its only because you dont understand the problem

from childrens use, to distribution. you have to be ignorant to it, to find it harmless.
No, you really don't. I'm leery of Rule 6, but suffice to say that while I've never used it myself, I understand a great deal.

Yes there are people who make a lifestyle of it, but that's an issue with certain personality types, not the activity they latch onto.

krsnaraja

No, you really don't. I'm leery of Rule 6, but suffice to say that while I've never used it myself, I understand a great deal.

Yes there are people who make a lifestyle of it, but that's an issue with certain personality types, not the activity they latch onto.

Possession of 2-3 sticks of marijuana carry a very stiff penalty here if convicted around 5-10 years. Wow! What ignorance.

gnomon

seems like a one sided biased view my good friend.

No prison is full of casual users. sp lets get that straight right now.

I used to know a guy that did 10 years for a shake joint though. Those times have passed for most states.

So you think its alright for little johny taking a lunchbox full of joints to sell to children for their lunch money?????

highschool kids futures ruined from the start?????????

deaths from cartel grow operations????

deaths from distribution issues?????

deaths from rip off's gone wromg????????

these are all local issues without touching the mexican connections and border issues

Where oh where did I say "Little Johnny" should be selling weed at a school. What kind of horse**** statement is that?

Why don't you go grab the studies and statistics regarding botched drug deals, cartel wars, etc. and how the current system is helping to alleviate any of that.

Go grab the studies supporting this concept of marijuana as a gateway drug. Problem with that is you can't. The studies have shown that marijuana is not a gateway drug into cocaine, heroin or meth.

Rather than giving anecdotes show the studies.

But I'm fascinated that you take my statement above on decriminalization as any indication that kids should be smoking pot.

Last edited by a moderator:

outhouse

Atheistically
No, you really don't.

excuse me?

I've never used it myself

then you are on the outside looking in.

while not clueless, you have no idea.

but that's an issue with certain personality types

because a fraction escape it does not negate the FACT, it is still highly addictive

The fact its not really harmful with light use just greases the slide into a addict. which is funny as hell because I dont know a troker that thinks himself a addict, but has to smoke daily.

again highly addictive

idav

Being
Premium Member
I dont know how to solve the problem, but I do not ignore the problem either
The problem is the same for anything that has medicinal use. The good thing is marijuana is not as harmful as most other medicinal or illegal drugs. The legality of it doesn't change anything really as it is just as hard/easy to get either way. The legality of alcohol is a big factor for me since it is far more dangerous than marijuana but even alcohol can have medicinal use. If someone is trying to get something they will find a way and resorting to pills of all sorts and types can be very dangerous as well.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The fact its not really harmful with light use just greases the slide into a addict. which is funny as hell because I dont know a troker that thinks himself a addict, but has to smoke daily.

again highly addictive
One major difference is that the addiction isn't life threatening like with that of alcohol for example. Quitting alcohol can kill you. Quitting marijuana just makes you irritable like a person quitting cigarettes though cigs might give you more symptoms that are hard to fight off physically speaking.

outhouse

Atheistically
Where oh where did I say "Little Johnny" should be selling weed at a school. What kind of horse**** statement is that?

Why don't you go grab the studies and statistics regarding botched drug deals, cartel wars, etc. and how the current system is helping to alleviate any of that.

Go grab the studies supporting this concept of marijuana as a gateway drug. Problem with that is you can't. The studies have shown that marijuana is not a gateway drug into cocaine, heroin or meth.

Rather than giving anecdotes show the studies.

But I'm fascinated that you take my statement above on decriminalization as any indication that kids should be smoking pot.

Ok so you love it. you have that right.

In Ca its pretty much legal, we still have all the issues.

My view, like it or not follows law enforcement and the general public that would love to see it all torched off the planet because of the BS its brought to inoccent people.

I have 15 years use and 18 clean. do you have a better neutral grasp ??

Like it or not schools are full of the crap ruining educations and lives.

PEOPLE ARE DYING because of weed in a state where its mostly legal

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
The problem is the same for anything that has medicinal use. The good thing is marijuana is not as harmful as most other medicinal or illegal drugs. The legality of it doesn't change anything really as it is just as hard/easy to get either way. The legality of alcohol is a big factor for me since it is far more dangerous than marijuana but even alcohol can have medicinal use. If someone is trying to get something they will find a way and resorting to pills of all sorts and types can be very dangerous as well.

agreed

outhouse

Atheistically
One major difference is that the addiction isn't life threatening like with that of alcohol for example. Quitting alcohol can kill you. Quitting marijuana just makes you irritable like a person quitting cigarettes though cigs might give you more symptoms that are hard to fight off physically speaking.

agreed

other then most quitting alcohol is not deadly at all.

outhouse

Atheistically

lets look at this.

No matter how you slice it THIS IS a huge problem, legal or not. If you condone its use, you alse condone the problems it brings.

Like i said heads never can look at the real problems or issues and only focus on "its not as bad as booze"

You want to discus something, lets talk about how to stop its use in schools. You will need to be able to address this is you want widespread legality. you dont need to convince me, you need to be able to convince all of the public who looks at weed as what it is, A drug that screws up their children and grandchildren.

Last edited by a moderator:

gnomon

Ok so you love it. you have that right.

In Ca its pretty much legal, we still have all the issues.

My view, like it or not follows law enforcement and the general public that would love to see it all torched off the planet because of the BS its brought to ionoccent people.

I have 15 years use and 18 clean. do you have a better neutral grasp ??

Like it or not schools are full of the crap ruining educations and lives.

PEOPLE ARE DYING because of weed in a state where its mostly legal

Where did I say I love it?

Quite frankly, there is no debating this issue with you. You are wearing your prior use as a badge. I could really care less about how long you used and how long you've been clean. Doesn't have any bearing on the debate at all.

Reading the effects of drug criminalization overall in this country for the last ten years is what got me interested in the social policies in the United States regarding drug use. The fact that studies have shown marijuana to not be a gateway drug, that the government has known about it's medicinal value for some time, that the strict laws passed were passed against advise from professionals in the military and even judicial communities.....the fact of the disproportionate application of the law resulting in a far greater percentage of minority drug users facing harsher consequences than white drug users all tells me that our current drug laws are no good.

Yeah, I was a user of several drugs. Many illegal but the worst being alcohol and tobacco. I spent time in jail because of that. I spent a long time in a mental hospital and halfway house because of that and my manic depression. Has no bearing on whether or not certain illicit substances should have their legal status changed.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
excuse me?
You don't have to be ignorant to think it's not a problem.

then you are on the outside looking in.

while not clueless, you have no idea.
Yeah, I do. I can't go into how without breaking the rules, so you have no idea what I know. So, why don't you calm the **** down and stop implying that everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant?

because a fraction escape
90% is technically a "fraction," I suppose.

it does not negate the FACT, it is still highly addictive
Facts, especially scientific facts like addiction rates, are provable. Support your claim or withdraw it.

again highly addictive
My dad has a few beers after work every day. Often takes a glass of whiskey before bed. Doesn't make him an alcoholic.

outhouse

Atheistically
The fact that studies have shown marijuana to not be a gateway drug,

and some show it is a gateway drug.

from my personal use I can tell you it is, it brings you nto a community that has every ileagal drug at its finger tips.

Go to a grateful dead concert or equivlent, is weed all thats floating around. hell no

outhouse

Atheistically
You don't have to be ignorant to think it's not a problem.

stupid???

down and stop implying that everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant?

really? so children smoking weed and the deaths are all not a problem????

My dad has a few beers after work every day. Often takes a glass of whiskey before bed. Doesn't make him an alcoholic.

yes