• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You're not defending women and "gays."
CUT TO:

A gathering of women and "the gays". They are huddled in a shelter. Helpless, weak, fearing for their lives.
Slowly, the sound of thundering booms approaches. A mother (who is a woman) grips her child (who is gay) tightly.

CHILD: What is that noise, mama?

An ear-splitting roar cracks the walls of the shelter as two claws rip the ceiling from its placement. Staring down into the shelter is a fifty-foot tall abomination, eyes like fire. It's silvery teeth like daggers.

MOTHER: Oh dear god! It's... the trans!

THE TRANS: PROOONOOOOUNS!

Unironically, how some posters see the world.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
According to journalist Gaby Hinsliff, "The Alliance is seen by many in the LGBT sector as a fringe organisation at best, and at worst a hate group."[77] It has been described as a hate group by Pride in London, Pride in Surrey, the LGBT+ Liberal Democrats, the Labour Campaign for Trans Rights, the Independent Workers' Union of Great Britain,[13] barrister Jolyon Maugham, Green Party of England and Wales co-leader Carla Denyer,[78] journalist Owen Jones[79][80][81][82] and Natacha Kennedy, co-chair of the Feminist Gender Equality Network.[83] Broadcaster India Willoughby has described the group as "baddies masquerading as the good guys."[84] The group has also been described as "anti-trans" by the Trades Union Congress and Hope not Hate.[11][12] Paul Roberts OBE, CEO of LGBT Consortium said of LGB Alliance "they exist to oppose free, safe and empowered trans lives".[61][85]

If you read further, the LGB alliance has a very troubling history, it seems
Of course, any group that resists trans activism is going to get hate, doh!

And for example, if India Willoughby opposes them, that's a strong vote of confidence for them ;)

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
"I side with the gays, like this group that are totally representative of gays."
"That group is literally denounced by the vast majority of gay rights groups."
"Oh, well, OF COURSE people are going to hate them because of PREJUDICE!"

You can't make it up. My script earlier was barely less credible than this logic.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes, hate is objective, scientifc, logical, legal evidence and is not subjective, a feeling or anything. It is as real as all the physical laws of the universe.
Oh great master, teach us to hate you, so we can become rational like you. ;)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Your inability to differentiate between trans people and trans activists is clear to all.

There are no trans people as with evidence. That is in your head as a part of your subjective understanding.
You confuse an observable behaviour with a label you subjectively use, but won't admit is subjective.

icehorse

Premium Member
As long as you don't understand that you have in a sense a dogma in regards to in effect objectivity, then we won't get anywhere.
As long as your arguments are based in relativism it will be impossible - by definition - for anyone to get anywhere with you.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
As long as your arguments are based in relativism it will be impossible - by definition - for anyone to get anywhere with you.

No, because if in a limited sense relativism is real, then your idea of objectivism is unreal, false and without evidence and in effect objectivism is a form of dogma.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
CUT TO:

A gathering of women and "the gays". They are huddled in a shelter. Helpless, weak, fearing for their lives.
Slowly, the sound of thundering booms approaches. A mother (who is a woman) grips her child (who is gay) tightly.

CHILD: What is that noise, mama?

An ear-splitting roar cracks the walls of the shelter as two claws rip the ceiling from its placement. Staring down into the shelter is a fifty-foot tall abomination, eyes like fire. It's silvery teeth like daggers.

MOTHER: Oh dear god! It's... the trans!

THE TRANS: PROOONOOOOUNS!

Unironically, how some posters see the world.
This is the second time someone has made me spit out my coffee today! Bravo! :D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The opinions I express here are in keeping with all my gay friends and with groups like the LGB alliance. And frankly those groups have a lot more credibility than the unknown posters on this forum. I'm happy to stand with the LGB Alliance.
Being gay doesn't automatically give someone credibility on trans issues. Plenty of women here in the U.S. vote against their own rights (most prominently when opposing women's rights on abortion).

The LGB Alliance is an anti-trans group. It's not surprising you are happy to stand with them. You're happy to stand with a lot of anti-trans people and groups, like JKR. But they don't have any credibility. You only think they do because you're deep into anti-trans propaganda.

icehorse

Premium Member
This is the second time someone has made me spit out my coffee today! Bravo! :D
Just as an example, kids with gender dysphoria GD), usually grow out of it as they go thru puberty naturally. And most of those kids end up being gay.

So gender affirming care (GAC), frequently includes the use of dangerous drugs and sometimes radical surgeries on healthy tissue.

So the trans activists (including the world leader WPATH), actively push for GAC, when the reality is that GAC is mostly sterilizing gay kids.

Wouldn't you say that's just a tad bit homophobic?

icehorse

Premium Member
Being gay doesn't automatically give someone credibility on trans issues. Plenty of women here in the U.S. vote against their own rights (most prominently when opposing women's rights on abortion).

The LGB Alliance is an anti-trans group. It's not surprising you are happy to stand with them. You're happy to stand with a lot of anti-trans people and groups, like JKR. But they don't have any credibility. You only think they do because you're deep into anti-trans propaganda.
Your inability to differentiate between trans people and trans activists is clear to all.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
No, any group who displays hatred and transphobia is going to be called out for those things.
And for example, if India Willoughby opposes them, that's a strong vote of confidence for them ;)
So, because a famous transgender person opposes a group, you automatically have confidence in that group? That's not at all surprising. It's just another example of transphobia.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Your inability to stop using loaded terms like "trans activists" is clear to all. "Trans activists" to you are any people advocating for trans rights and an end to discrimination against trans people. That's the majority of trans people.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Just as an example, kids with gender dysphoria GD), usually grow out of it as they go thru puberty naturally. And most of those kids end up being gay.
I assume you have the evidence to back this up.
So gender affirming care (GAC), frequently includes the use of dangerous drugs and sometimes radical surgeries on healthy tissue.
I assume you have the evidence to back this up. Note: You said "frequently", "dangerous" and "radical". So, evidence that 1% of the time something not dangerous or radical is done does not back up your claim.
So the trans activists (including the world leader WPATH), actively push for GAC, when the reality is that GAC is mostly sterilizing gay kids.
Yet again, I'll be waiting for the evidence for this. I've already asked several times, but maybe this is the time you actually provide it.
I'd say it's more transphobic like most of what you've said in this thread.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Having been involved in the field of psychology for a few years now, I know that mental health professionals care very much for patients (a lot more than you seem to think they do) and work hard to put together comprehensive diagnostic and treatment plans based on the best available evidence, based on each individual's needs, and continue to work on them and tweak them over time after rigorous analysis and re-analysis of the outcomes.

You seem to be suggesting that mental health professionals aren't taking such things into consideration, have no idea what they're doing, don't actually care about their patients' physical and mental health, and are just willy-nilly prescribing "dangerous drugs" and performing "radical surgeries on healthy tissue" all over the place because .... trans activists.

As far as I can tell, you have no credentials in the field of psychology or psychiatry. And yet, you seem to think you know what's better for peoples' mental health than the people who spend their entire lives studying it and caring deeply about it. I have no idea why, other than .... trans activists (your fallback).

The answer to your question is no. Anybody pushing for gender affirming care for the people who can benefit from it, is not homophobic.

icehorse

Premium Member
I assume you have the evidence to back this up.

I assume you have the evidence to back this up. Note: You said "frequently", "dangerous" and "radical". So, evidence that 1% of the time something not dangerous or radical is done does not back up your claim.

Yet again, I'll be waiting for the evidence for this. I've already asked several times, but maybe this is the time you actually provide it.

I'd say it's more transphobic like most of what you've said in this thread.
Links have been provided, and here we go again:

icehorse

Premium Member
Having been involved in the field of psychology for a few years now, I know that mental health professionals care very much for patients (a lot more than you seem to think they do) and work hard to put together comprehensive diagnostic and treatment plans based on the best available evidence, based on each individual's needs, and continue to work on them and tweak them over time after rigorous analysis and re-analysis of the outcomes.
I'm a fan of talk therapy, and I've said so countless times on this forum.

But GAC goes far beyond talk therapy into the use of dangerous irreversible drugs and sometimes surgeries on healthy tissues.

The problem is that WPATH created / popularized GAC and GAC is simple bad medicine. Look to the previous post to learn about the scandal that is WPATH and the degree to which WPATH uses pseudo-science and bad medicine.

icehorse

Premium Member
Let's take a look at JKR's tweet from several years back:

Dress however you please.
Call yourself whatever you like.
Sleep with any consenting adult who’ll have you.
Live your best life in peace and security.
But force women out of their jobs for stating that sex is real?
#IStandWithMaya
#ThisIsNotADrill

It seems clear that the first four lines are in clear solidarity with trans people, and that line 5 is a criticism of trans activism.

Do you trans activists know what the first # refers to?