• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

jes-us

Irrelevant.

Of course, if you accelerated at any rate at all, then you eventually reach escape velocity. What you said was hilarious because you said an acceleration was an escape velocity, That's school child level mistake and yet you're trying to tackle advanced physics (without understanding any of it).
Huh , I didn't say an acceleration was an escape velocity .

You assume I don't understand but seems as I have the same box of science as everyone else , I assure you I do .

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The boson is a computer printout from CERN...
It an actual particle that has been observed.

...get a grip on reality .
irony.gif

Any given portion of space has a conserved amount of light...
It obviously isn't.

Go into a something like an old style photographic darkroom or down a mineshaft with the light on; it's got light in it. Switch the light off and it then has negligible light in it.

this has to be or planets couldn't move and light couldn't travel . The satellites wouldn't work , wave-function collapse would occur .
More utter nonsense. Show your working.

You also ignored my point about particle spin - presumably because is sailed gracefully about 30,000ft above you head.

jes-us

It an actual particle that has been observed.

No it isn't , where do you get your information ? They collided some particles at CERN and got a spike on the computer printout . They then claimed this was a new particle and named it the Boson in fabrication to fit in with science or they wouldn't get funding . Believe me I have discoursed science on this and asked the procedure . We can't even observe Protons and you think we can observe even smaller ?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You are wrong , in discourse I proved sciences famous gravity equation is hogwash

You say I am wrong, but then in the next breath go on to show me right.
If the above is what you were trying to say, then indeed, like I said, you were looking for the word "falsified" not "falsifiable".

It seems that you indeed do not understand the difference between these two terms.
If you did, then you would have owned up to your mistake by now. It wouldn't be a big deal. "just a typo, sorry, yes, I meant falsified"

But it seems that even after having pointed it out twice, you still don't see it.

Interesting.

because they don't know the mass of the moon or the earth and they don't know the exact radius . How dare they say religion makes stuff up when they have made up the mass of the moon and earth and radius .

This is my point , science makes loads of stuff , filling our boxes with false information .
Just because you don't (want to) know, doesn't mean other people don't know.

ratiocinator

Huh , I didn't say an acceleration was an escape velocity .
Yes you did:
I have no idea why science would make up such a meaningless equation for escape velocity which will no doubt be a constant at about 9.81m/s ^2?
[emphasis added]

You assume I don't understand
I don't assume it, it couldn't be more obvious that you have zero understanding of even the most basic science like Newtonian mechanics and gravitation, and the fact that you keep on posting utterly silly and meaningless word salad.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
No it isn't , where do you get your information ? They collided some particles at CERN and got a spike on the computer printout . They then claimed this was a new particle and named it the Boson in fabrication to fit in with science or they wouldn't get funding . Believe me I have discoursed science on this and asked the procedure . We can't even observe Protons and you think we can observe even smaller ?

What's next?

Air doesn't exist because you can't see it?

:tearsofjoy:

ratiocinator

No it isn't , where do you get your information ? They collided some particles at CERN and got a spike on the computer printout . They then claimed this was a new particle and named it the Boson in fabrication to fit in with science or they wouldn't get funding .
More BS. The Higgs boson was detected in pretty much the same way as most particles. Also, why just call it 'Boson'? You do realise that photons are bosons too?

proofofnewph.jpg

I also explained to you why the photon couldn't do what you said.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes I have , they are lying about the mass and radius , it is an unfounded guess from science .
This is also not true. Estimates based on multiple known factors (in these cases, for reasons I'll try to explain, very good estimates) are not lies. Measuring the radius of the moon is not so very difficult, nor its volume, if you know the value of Pi. We know how far away the moon is at any given time (we've proved this by actually going there) gives a very, very good estimate of the radius by simply looking at apparent disc, measuring across at the widest point, and dividing by 2. That permits establishing the volume (4/3Pi*r^2). Same with the earth -- we're on it, we've travelled every centimetre of it, so how hard do you think it is to measure.

Now, the gravitational constant is not a guess. The first direct measurement of gravitational attraction between two bodies in the laboratory was performed in 1798, seventy-one years after Newton's death, by Henry Cavendish, who determined a value for G implicitly, using a torsion balance invented by the geologist Rev. John Michell (1753). He used a horizontal torsion with lead balls whose inertia (in relation to the torsion constant) he could tell by timing the beam's oscillation. Their faint attraction to other balls placed alongside the beam was detectable by the deflection it caused. In spite of the experimental design being due to Michell, the experiment is now known as the Cavendish experiment for its first successful execution by Cavendish.

Cavendish's stated aim was the "weighing of Earth", that is, determining the average density of Earth and the Earth's mass. His result, ρ = 5.448(33) g·cm−3, corresponds to value of G = 6.74(4)×10−11 m3⋅kg−1⋅s−2. It is surprisingly accurate, about 1% above the modern value (comparable to the claimed standard uncertainty of 0.6%).

Now, what you are missing is that while the average masses of the Earth and moon may well be (well-evidenced) estimates, the gravitation constant is not. Since we can now bounce powerful lasers off the mirrors placed on the Lunar surface by the Apollo Astronauts, the amount of time it takes for the laser beam to return to Earth gives an incredibly precise measurement of the Moon's distance, within a few centimeters. Thus, if our estimates of the relative masses are a little off, the ratio is not, since we know both G and distance. Doesn't matter if the moon is a tad lighter and the earth a tad heavier (or vice-versa).

As they say: "Do the math!"

Last edited:

jes-us

More BS. The Higgs boson was detected in pretty much the same way as most particles. Also, why just call it 'Boson'? You do realise that photons are bosons too?

proofofnewph.jpg

I also explained to you why the photon couldn't do what you said.
You do realise the majority of your provided link is falsifiable too ?

We don't have the technology to see small things that is a fact , let alone truly understand the properties . Quarks etc is all somebodies imaginations , there is no evidence or proofs of these particles .

ratiocinator

Mass of Moon ≈ 7.348 × 10²² kg fabricated
Mass of Earth ≈ 5.972 × 10²⁴ kg fabricated

Very true sorry !
In fact, the very fact that the Newtonian equations demonstrably works, is direct evidence that these values approximately correct.

ratiocinator

You do realise the majority of your provided link is falsifiable too ?
:facepalm: Again, you don't seem to understand that if it wasn't falsifiable, it wouldn't be science. Every theory must be falsifiable or it's not scientific.

We don't have the technology to see small things that is a fact , let alone truly understand the properties . Quarks etc is all somebodies imaginations , there is no evidence or proofs of these particles .
False. There is plentiful evidence for the standard model. It's been astoundingly successful.

And let's not forget that nothing you have claimed even makes sense and you haven't even tried to provide any evidence.

You really don't understand the first thing about science, do you?

jes-us

In fact, the very fact that the Newtonian equations demonstrably works, is direct evidence that these values approximately correct.
What crap , you can't make up an equation to measure something like the mass of a planet. Mass has to be a direct measure like we do with apples and gold .

The only place , apparatus , that kg is on , is a set of scales . It does not exist without the scales measure unless we was to make up the mass , fabricate it .

jes-us

:facepalm: Again, you don't seem to understand that if it wasn't falsifiable, it wouldn't be science. Every theory must be falsifiable or it's not scientific.

False. There is plentiful evidence for the standard model. It's been astoundingly successful.

And let's not forget that nothing you have claimed even makes sense and you haven't even tried to provide any evidence.

You really don't understand the first thing about science, do you?
You have a really naive outlook on what evidence actually is . Science has no real evidence to support their fabrication .

I don't need to provide evidence , I am not the one using false claims and saying they are real .

I only have to demonstrate sciences lack of evidence to show they are making a lot of stuff up .

For example , can you provide a picture of a quark or lepton etc? You said they had been observed but I bet you that you can't provide an observation ?

ratiocinator

What crap , you can't make up an equation to measure something like the mass of a planet. Mass has to be a direct measure like we do with apples and gold .

The only place , apparatus , that kg is on , is a set of scales . It does not exist without the scales measure unless we was to make up the mass , fabricate it .
:facepalm: Actually, one of the ways mass is defined is by the strength of its gravitational field. And that's how scales work too. The don't directly measure mass, they measure the force of gravity between the object and the Earth. Guess what? They convert it into mass using:

ql_8aedc36f636bcb26f27128648cbeec20_l3.png

Where F is force, G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass of the earth, m is the mass of the object, and r is the distance from the centre of the Earth.

:D
Formula images rendered by QuickLaTeX.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes , the mass of the oceans is affected by the mass of the moon . The ocean bulging towards the moon and being gravitational dragged by the moon , that causes the oceans to shift in a tidal manner .
The mass of the moon and the oceans is the elementary charge of the body , the ''coupling'' between the bodies is simply because the space between the bodies (excluding within the atmosphere ) does not conserve elementary charge .
The reason the moon doesn't collide with the Earth and vice versus is because of the conservation of light of the bodies , which of cause is renewable by the suns energy .
The velocity of the moon and Earth is caused by the bodies conservation of light which allows gravity B to have affect .
At any rate, it's amazing and obviously, although it can be somewhat analyzed by scientists, beyond human comprehension. Thanks for bringing up some situations that I never really thought about and am in awe of, considering the fantastic evidence. It's beyond human understanding.