• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mostly to the US people (Civil war?)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, I weren't thinking of US soldiers splitting in two and fighting it out :D

But rather you have supporters on each side fighting each other, there are quite a few guns in the US amongst the citizens. I don't know how serious it is over there, as I said its the first I heard about them even talking about it in this way.

I expect more situations like this:

Tulsa Donut Shop Vandalized With Molotov Cocktail

A donut shop had a molotov cocktail thrown into it after hosting a drag event.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Be careful there....your cops are a murderous bunch.
Especially in Minneapolis.
Yes. I was just having that conversation with my partner as we drove through the George Floyd memorial yesterday afternoon, that was set up by protesters on the spot where George Floyd was murdered by police officers. It was a heart-wrenching shrine they set up.

She made the comment that is both true and ironic how that the most progressive cities, have the most red, abusive police forces. I think psychologically there is a reason for that, as police forces, especially the one here with their far-right policy union, attract those who are bullies to wear a badge. Think of it like how the priesthood attracts pedophiles. It's a place for them to hide out and shield them from their proclivities and illegal activities.

Progressive cities which are diversity friendly, are seen as a threat by those who are stuck at that stages of "otherism", and segregationism. So those who feel powerless, seek places for where they can act out on their agressions as bullies, legally. Such an environment, attracts these to itself.

Of course there are good cops, those who legitimately seeking to "protect and serve", just like you have good priests too. But if the environment is a "band of brothers", where they protect their own, just like in the priesthood, the bad apples can hide out and find safe haven. The simple answer to me is that all police shootings and violence against citizens be investigated by independent third-party entities. Not by the police themselves internally. That's kind of a "no duh," thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. I was just having that conversation with my partner as we drove through the George Floyd memorial yesterday afternoon, that was set up by protesters on the spot where George Floyd was murdered by police officers. It was a heart-wrenching shrine they set up.

She made the comment that is both true and ironic how that the most progressive cities, have the most red, abusive police forces. I think psychologically there is a reason for that, as police forces, especially the one here with their far-right policy union, attract those who are bullies to wear a badge. Think of it like how the priesthood attracts pedophiles. It's a place for them to hide out and shield them from their proclivities and illegal activities.

Progressive cities which are diversity friendly, are seen as a threat by those who are stuck at that stages of "otherism", and segregationism. So those who feel powerless, seek places for where they can act out on their agressions as bullies, legally. Such an environment, attracts these to itself.

Of course there are good cops, those who legitimately seeking to "protect and serve", just like you have good priests too. But if the environment is a "band of brothers", where they protect their own, just like in the priesthood, the bad apples can hide out.
And don't forget Justine Damond & Philando Castile
(also murdered by Minneapolis cops). Those are
just the cases I can think of.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And don't forget Justine Damond,
who was also murdered by a cop.
Of course. I can't forget. She was a friend of a friend of ours. That's the problem with the police union and how they train their cops to be fearful of the citizenry, showing them videos of how they're all out to kill the cops. That's why that cop shot her, when she came out to meet the police after she herself had called them. He was so fearful and on edge he blew her away.

But it also didn't go unnoticed how quickly he was held accountable for it, as a non-white police officer. Then you have those like Philando Castile who was blown away by a cop for no reason at all, and he got let off the hook for it. Yeah, and people wonder why the Floyd murder put people over the edge? My god.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course. I can't forget. She was friends of someone I know. That's the problem with the police union and how they train their cops to be fearful of the citizenry, showing them videos of how they're all out to kill the cops. That's why that cop shot here, when she came out to meet the police after she herself had called them. He was so fearful and on edge he blew her away.
The cop said he was "spooked".
But it also didn't go unnoticed how quickly he was held accountable for it, as a non-white police officer. Then you have those like Philando Castile who was blown away by a cop for no reason at all, and he got let off the hook for it. Yeah, and people wonder why the Floyd murder put people over the edge? My god.
My edited post added Castile, who made
the mistake of reaching for his registration.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Participants were also asked: “Looking ahead to the next 10 years, how likely do you think it is that there will be a civil war in this country?”

Among all US citizens, 43% said civil war was at least somewhat likely. Among strong Democrats and independents that figure was 40%. But among strong Republicans, 54% said civil war was at least somewhat likely.

More than 40% of Americans think civil war likely within a decade

Is that a thought/fear/expectation that people here on the forum have as well, that it might turn out that way?

Personally, I have only just heard about it, I knew that things between people in the US weren't good after the whole Trump/Biden thing, but didn't know that it was so bad as many seen to suggest.
No. There will be no civil war. Just a lot of paranoia, hate and nastiness like you see on RF (throughout this thread, even) and other social media dumps. It seems like the feds and their propagandists in the media want us to kill each other, though. Don't give into divide and conquer games. People need to go outside and come back to reality.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My parents were both Iowegians. One from Traer in Tama County, the other from Hubbard in Hardin county.

Traer isn't too far. I've been through there many times. I believe I've gone through Hardin county a few times to get from one place to another, but not sure if I've been in Hubbard.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Nope.

My uncle's family lived in Waterloo. He was a mechanical draftsman for Deere.

I've got two Uncles with Deere's(one is long retired). :D

The nature of it seems to have changed, though. In years past, to become employed at Deere's was to secure a decent life for yourself, so long as you remained employed. Now, it seems folks can get on and make a nice wage, but they're constantly laying people off now, so its not nearly as secure...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No. There will be no civil war. Just a lot of paranoia, hate and nastiness like you see on RF (throughout this thread, even) and other social media dumps. It seems like the feds and their propagandists in the media want us to kill each other, though. Don't give into divide and conquer games. People need to go outside and come back to reality.

Which reality is that? I mean it.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The one we all share outside of screens. The one were you walk down the street, smile at a stranger and strike up a conversation.

Yeah, that is only a small part of it. It is good start, but there is more. We still have to partake in an overall society that is much larger than.
So let's say we all remove the screens, all of them. Then what?