• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mostly to the US people (Civil war?)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We country folk know well and care about our neighbours regardless if they live across the woods, across the fields or a few miles down the road. We look after and help each other.

Most city folk don't know the people who live in the apartment beside them, above them or below them.

We live in different worlds.

Might depend on what 'country' you live in. My more rural friends and neighbors here aren't real happy with how 'keep to yourself' things have become.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Might depend on what 'country' you live in. My more rural friends and neighbors here aren't real happy with how 'keep to yourself' things have become.

Sometimes it seems like it's been like that around here for a while. There are some spots here and there out in the sticks where they don't take well to strangers. I remember someone telling me about some of their relatives having a group of houses off in some out of the way place, with properties all adjoining. They built tunnels between the houses and are stocked up with food and ammunition.

We Never Know

No Slack

When I say "country" I'm talking about out from the city, out with the horses, cows, farmers, etc. "out in the country".

I took your "what country" as the US, UK, Germany, etc. If wrong by bad.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
"A country boy can survive."
Yep

Think this one over.
-preachers are saying its the end of times.
-the mississippi river is at record lows
-interest is up
-the stock market is down
-you only get mugged if you go down town(doesn't happen out in the country)

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
To fail to recognize the core Trump forces as evil is more than irresponsible.
There is some good even in the worst of us humans. To see only the evil and never the good in one's enemies, is irresponsibly nihilistic imo.
If you're going to quote me, at the very least try harder to say something that is both coherent and responsive rather than posting some piece of drivel.

One can find a curious (yet informative) Wikipedia entry titled Animal Welfare in Nazi Germany. How might this usefully refute the assertion: "To fail to recognize the Nazi forces as evil is more than irresponsible"?

It does not. Yet here we have your charming post -- one which echoes similar 'responses' such as ....

Back in August 2017, when pressed by a reporter about his views on the neo-Nazis at a Charlottesville demonstration*, Trump offered essentially the same apologetic drivel, proclaiming: "you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."​

Perhaps you could reread the statement which you quoted and give us a simple Yes or No answer - or perhaps not.

(* I should add that it was here that a self proclaimed neo-Nazi murdered 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injured dozens of other people. [source])

RestlessSoul

If you're going to quote me, at the very least try harder to say something that is both coherent and responsive rather than posting some piece of drivel.

One can find a curious (yet informative) Wikipedia entry titled Animal Welfare in Nazi Germany. How might this usefully refute the assertion: "To fail to recognize the Nazi forces as evil is more than irresponsible"?

It does not. Yet here we have your charming post -- one which echoes similar 'responses' such as ....

Back in August 2017, when pressed by a reporter about his views on the neo-Nazis at a Charlottesville demonstration*, Trump offered essentially the same apologetic drivel, proclaiming: "you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."​

Perhaps you could reread the statement which you quoted and give us a simple Yes or No answer - or perhaps not.

(* I should add that it was here that a self proclaimed neo-Nazi murdered 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injured dozens of other people. [source])

You're onto Nazis and dogs now? Have a lie down mate, you're losing the plot.

RestlessSoul

This week we commemorate Kristallnacht -- The Night of Broken Glass; 9-10 November 1938.

Okay, fair point; it's good to learn from history. And this Friday is Armistice Day, btw.

I remain unconvinced, however, that labelling those you disagree with - however vehemently - as nazis, is conducive to healing wounds in a divided society. Whilst there may be an increasing number of people in the US with whom it is impossible to reason, that's not a reason not to try.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I remain unconvinced, however, that labelling those you disagree with - however vehemently - as nazis, is conducive to healing wounds in a divided society.
  1. I do not label those I disagree with as nazis. I label Nazis as Nazis and neo-Nazis as neo-Nazis. To insinuate otherwise, to distort and generalize this, is a thoughtless ad hominem at best.
  2. Before blathering about "healing wounds" one does well to first deal honestly with the assault rather than serving as an apologist for it.

RestlessSoul

1. I do not label those I disagree with as nazis. I label Nazis as Nazis and neo-Nazis as neo-Nazis. To insinuate otherwise, to distort and generalize this, is a thoughtless ad hominem at best.
  2. Before blathering about "healing wounds" one does well to first deal honestly with the assault rather than serving as an apologist for it.

Play the sanctimonious pedant for all you like mate; but let us not forget you lost all credibility when you started blathering about Hitler’s dog.