• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother mary without sin?

firedragon

Veteran Member
The mob brings a woman caught in adultery before Jesus. Jesus says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." A few seconds go by, and suddenly a rock speeds out of the crowd and hits the woman in the head. Jesus says, "Oh mother, I can't take you anywhere."
It's pericope adultarae. A most known latter addition.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
However, for those who accept the Christian Bible ("New Testament") as a rule of faith for their religion, the text of Luke 1:28 makes sense, so much so that it is poorly translated in many bibles.

But there is the factor of scriptural inerrancy, which I reject.

vulcanlogician

The Marian traditions, quite like the Jesus traditions, developed over time. You start with one miraculous virgin birth. Then, as the centuries plod on, you eventually you end up with the Queen of Heaven and Earth whose virginity is perpetual and outlasts every age.

Betho_br

The Marian traditions, quite like the Jesus traditions, developed over time. You start with one miraculous virgin birth. Then, as the centuries plod on, you eventually you end up with the Queen of Heaven and Earth whose virginity is perpetual and outlasts every age.

This progression of interpretations over time is true.

vulcanlogician

This progression of interpretations over time is true.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. All religions develop over time. It's a problem for those who posit these things as fundamental dogmas (ie. the perpetual virginity of Mary).

But development over time also allows for a myriad of devotional practices to form. Marian devotion is a form of meditative spirituality. It has probably helped many people over the centuries overcome their anxieties, and gain perspective and focus in their turbulent lives. That centuries-long process involved some myth-making, yes. But it also involved a recognition of the needs of worshippers and the formation of practices to combat despondency, depression, and anxiety via the development of a nurturing, caring, and understanding mother figure.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mother mary without sin?
Yes, she never consented to sin of her own free will but she wasn't perfect because she paid the same wages of sin that we all do. Spiritually she was sinless, physically she inherited the same corruptible body we all do. After her death, her body was made perfect and she taken up. But many Catholics believe that she was taken up without dying. I don't and neither did John Paul II
After her death
friend @Absolutely Frank
When and where Mary died, please, right?
Friend @Absolutely Frank , Mary mother of (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah joined his son later while he was on his way from Galilee to the East where the Diaspora of Israelites lived, Mary died in Murree and is buried in a grave there (a town "named" after her name) a hilly resort of Pakistan near Islamabad, right, please?
Will one kindly get corrected about one's superstition, please, right?:

23:51 And We made the son of Mary and his mother a Sign, and gave them refuge on an elevated land of green valleys and springs of running water. Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?

Regards
23:51 وَجَعَلۡنَا ابۡنَ مَرۡیَمَ وَاُمَّہٗۤ اٰیَۃً وَّاٰوَیۡنٰہُمَاۤ اِلٰی رَبۡوَۃٍ ذَاتِ قَرَارٍ وَّمَعِیۡنٍ ﴿٪۵۱
friend @John D. Brey ^ the above.

"Mary died in Murree and is buried in a grave there (a town "named" after her name) a hilly resort of Pakistan near Islamabad, right, please?"
paarsurrey once visited her grave long time ago and prayed for her to Allah/One G-d (not the Christian-god Jesus)
, right, please?
but her son (Jesus)Yeshua continued his journey and died in Kashmir and is buried there in a tomb at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar, please, right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
I wouldn't be surprised if she were reincarnated and in our world now. I doubt all the brothers of Jesus came by immaculate conception.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe the way I remember it; it was pretty messy. Maybe you are referring to Jesus and not Mary.
The expression "The Immaculate Conception" is often confusing for people. Protestants who have never been exposed to this doctrine often assume it is referring to Jesus' miraculous birth of a virgin, but it is not. "The Immaculate Conception" is a Catholic dogma that says God miraculously preserved Mary from the taint of Original Sin, so that she never sinned, and was thus fit to give birth to Jesus.

The idea that Mary was without sin is a tradition that goes WAY back in Christian history. St. Ephrem the Syrian wrote songs saying this back in the 4th century. It was simply a common assumption by Catholics and Orthodox for most of Church history. However, it did not reach its finally version (involving not being tainted with Original Sin) until much later, and didn't officially become Catholic dogma until Pope Pius IX's infallible declaration in 1854.

The elevation of Mary to being sinless seems to have evolved hand in hand with the idea that Jesus was God. If God is going to be born as a human, many assume that the mother would have therefore had to be exceptional.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mother mary without sin?
Yes, she never consented to sin of her own free will but she wasn't perfect because she paid the same wages of sin that we all do. Spiritually she was sinless, physically she inherited the same corruptible body we all do. After her death, her body was made perfect and she taken up. But many Catholics believe that she was taken up without dying. I don't and neither did John Paul II
After her death
friend @Absolutely Frank
When and where Mary died, please, right?
Friend @Absolutely Frank , Mary mother of (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah joined his son later while he was on his way from Galilee to the East where the Diaspora of Israelites lived, Mary died in Murree and is buried in a grave there (a town "named" after her name) a hilly resort of Pakistan near Islamabad, right, please?
Will one kindly get corrected about one's superstition, please, right?:

23:51 And We made the son of Mary and his mother a Sign, and gave them refuge on an elevated land of green valleys and springs of running water. Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?

Regards
23:51 وَجَعَلۡنَا ابۡنَ مَرۡیَمَ وَاُمَّہٗۤ اٰیَۃً وَّاٰوَیۡنٰہُمَاۤ اِلٰی رَبۡوَۃٍ ذَاتِ قَرَارٍ وَّمَعِیۡنٍ ﴿٪۵۱
friend @John D. Brey ^ the above.

"Mary died in Murree and is buried in a grave there (a town "named" after her name) a hilly resort of Pakistan near Islamabad, right, please?"
paarsurrey once visited her grave long time ago and prayed for her to Allah/One G-d (not the Christian-god Jesus)
, right, please?
but her son (Jesus)Yeshua continued his journey and died in Kashmir and is buried there in a tomb at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar, please, right?
I believe that qualifies as a fairy tale. Jesus was taken up into the clouds and went to Paradise.
Yes, (Jesus)Yeshua was taken up into the clouds and went to Paradise is sure a fairy tale:

<iframe width="725" height="480" src="
" title="Jesus in Kashmir,India(BBC Documentry)-3" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
" title="The Rauzabal Shrine of Srinagar- The Tomb of Jesus in Kashmir" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Right?

Regards

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member
If you claim "God created all" THEN belittling absurdity (which would be part of God's creation) equals belittling God equals blasphemy.

John
I don't belittle others

I don't belittle absurdity

IF it walks like a duck ... it usually is a duck

stvdv

Veteran Member
i believe there is sin and God is judge through me.
"God = judge through me"

Interesting idea, considering:
God has been described as "Father" and "creator" and we are described as "His children", each having the ability to make use of our conscience

Did you mean "you do the judging for God (or in name of God)"?

Eliana

The expression "The Immaculate Conception" is often confusing for people. Protestants who have never been exposed to this doctrine often assume it is referring to Jesus' miraculous birth of a virgin, but it is not. "The Immaculate Conception" is a Catholic dogma that says God miraculously preserved Mary from the taint of Original Sin, so that she never sinned, and was thus fit to give birth to Jesus.

The idea that Mary was without sin is a tradition that goes WAY back in Christian history. St. Ephrem the Syrian wrote songs saying this back in the 4th century. It was simply a common assumption by Catholics and Orthodox for most of Church history. However, it did not reach its finally version (involving not being tainted with Original Sin) until much later, and didn't officially become Catholic dogma until Pope Pius IX's infallible declaration in 1854.

The elevation of Mary to being sinless seems to have evolved hand in hand with the idea that Jesus was God. If God is going to be born as a human, many assume that the mother would have therefore had to be exceptional.
I think the greater question is if G-D went out of his way to preserve Mary from "original sin", why didn't he do so for everyone else? Jews don't believe in original sin, so I ask only as an intelectual exercise.

Having grown up in Ireland I've had more then my share of exposure to Catholicism. The Christian bible plainly states she had other kids, they insist she didn't. They believe she went to heaven without dying because G-D just took her, this isn't anywhere in their bible. The basis is is a pope in the 1800's said so, while also declaring his doctrines from the "chair of Peter" are infallible. I guess G-D isn't capable of communicating infallible doctrines if you sit in other chairs. They pray to her, something clearly forbidden in the Torah. They teach she is a mediator, as if G-D needs help making decisions or can be persuaded to anything.

It's astounding how far Catholics go to deify Mary whilst claiming they don't worship her.