• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

starlite

Texasgirl
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...too graphic, too violent, too much foul language and nudity for me. A good story line if you can get passed the other.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

If you like mysteries, this is an excellent movie. Both the characters and the plot are fresh. But it's certainly for mature audiences -- some scenes could be disturbing. Subtitles. Swedish.
Going to see "The Girl Who Played with Fire" this afternoon.

Aquitaine

Saw Avatar for this first time the other day.

Average film, forgettable, cliched and predictable storyline, over-hyped - just like how I imagined! ^_^ Even James Horner's score was somewhat a bit too Titanic/Bravehearty at times.

The helicopter designs were kewl though......

.lava

Veteran Member
o rly?

What's your favourite Anime?

but ... but you are asking me very difficult questions. though i admit my favorite animal is the most difficult one. and as for animes, it is getting harder to name just one as the best. so far, Sword Of The Stranger gets me for some reason. but there are a few others i enjoyed very much. for now, Death Note and terribly handsome Light Yagami has my whole attention. it's awesome! i watch at least 5 episodes a day :cool:

Aquitaine

but ... but you are asking me very difficult questions. though i admit my favorite animal is the most difficult one. and as for animes, it is getting harder to name just one as the best. so far, Sword Of The Stranger gets me for some reason. but there are a few others i enjoyed very much. for now, Death Note and terribly handsome Light Yagami has my whole attention. it's awesome! i watch at least 5 episodes a day :cool:

Hehehehe!

I don't watch much anime, but I think I'm getting more into it all, and I've liked all the ones I've seen so far.

I've never watched Death Note or Sword Of The Stranger, but I have seen Ghost in the Shell (the TV series, not Movies), Neon Genesis Evangelion, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I've heard Code Geuss is supposed to be good, I might try and watch that next maybe...... or Death Note. :)

.lava

Veteran Member
Hehehehe!

I don't watch much anime, but I think I'm getting more into it all, and I've liked all the ones I've seen so far.

I've never watched Death Note or Sword Of The Stranger, but I have seen Ghost in the Shell (the TV series, not Movies), Neon Genesis Evangelion, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I've heard Code Geuss is supposed to be good, I might try and watch that next maybe...... or Death Note. :)

Sword Of The Stranger is a movie. you would not have to watch dozens of episodes. lots of fight in it. too much cuteness bore me little. that's why i like this movie very much. i think there are 37 episodes of Death Note. geez i would be sad when i finish them all :( Neon Genesis Evangelion, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; i've heard the name of second. i easly become curious for animes :D currently watching episode numero:12 (of Death Note, of course)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I just watched "The Last Station," with Christopher Plummer and Helen Mirren. It was the story of the last few years of Leo Tolstoy's life and marriage, and it was EXCELLENT. Great photography, good character development, and most of all - FABULOUS ACTING.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Watched Interview with the Vampire a couple of days ago, I still think it is the best 'vampires movie' of all time, the 2000s vampire movies don't come close, while focused on action they can't match Interview's characters, acting, story, depth and psychology.

Kathryn

I agree - I loved Interview with a Vampire and watched it again recently.

It ages well!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What the bleep do we know anyways.... Anyone else see this? I miss newton.
It's been awhile, but I did enjoy it.

Recently I have watched:
Grown Ups - This is Adam Sandler's funniest movie in a long time, and it lacks the continuing theme of recycled jokes and punch lines that suggests he has had a nasty case of writers block. This one is definitely worth watching.
The Last Air Bender - I don't know why alot of people don't like this. I really don't like the cartoon that much, but I thought this movie was pretty good, although it wasn't really like anything else that Shyamalan has done.
Shrek 4 - This was the best one since the first one in my opinion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Watched Interview with the Vampire a couple of days ago, I still think it is the best 'vampires movie' of all time, the 2000s vampire movies don't come close, while focused on action they can't match Interview's characters, acting, story, depth and psychology.
Interview is not just my favorite vampire movie, it's my favorite movie. The movie went along pretty good with the book (Although IMO Rice should have left a couple parts in the movie, such as when Lestat informed the Theatre des Vampires that Claudia and Louis tried to kill him.), the casting was great (especially with Tom Cruise, who seems to naturally have the arrogance of Lestat. And Kirsten Dunst who made a perfect Claudia), and overall is truly a classic.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I agree - I loved Interview with a Vampire and watched it again recently.

It ages well!
I agree. of all the movies of the 2000's, the Blade sequels, Underworld, etc. 1994 Interview with the Vampire is the movie which does justice to the Vampire mythos and to Rice's novel. the other ones don't even come close, and shouldn't even be considered in the same league.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Interview is not just my favorite vampire movie, it's my favorite movie. The movie went along pretty good with the book (Although IMO Rice should have left a couple parts in the movie, such as when Lestat informed the Theatre des Vampires that Claudia and Louis tried to kill him.), the casting was great (especially with Tom Cruise, who seems to naturally have the arrogance of Lestat. And Kirsten Dunst who made a perfect Claudia), and overall is truly a classic.
Some of the changes from the novel were to my liking I have to admit. an adult Armand was much more impressive for example.
and I completely agree about Cruise, although Rice had doubts about him at first, his vision of Lestat is incredible and very well done.

Kathryn

I watched "The Messenger" with Woody Haralson last night. It was about a team of guys whose military duty is to inform the next of kin when a soldier is killed, MIA or seriously wounded.

It was decent but not great. It was so unrealistic about some of the aspects of the military that I felt the integrity of the movie was undermined. The inaccuracies made me doubt the message, if you understand what I'm saying.

Come to think of it, I am not even sure what the message was.

It was interesting enough though. The acting was good, and the differences in the way people react to the news of a fallen soldier was fascinating and seemed well done from a character perspective.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
"King Corn" - documentary that traces how commodity corn in the U.S. is grown and where it all ends up. It's very well done, presented in a light-hearted way by following two men who drive to Iowa, grow corn on one acre of land, and then follow their crop to the various ways it's distributed (silage for livestock, labs where it's chemically altered into things like HFCS and xantham gum).

"When You're Strange" - the story of The Doors. Loved it, and reminded me why I sometimes can't get enough of their music. They made hard drivin' jazz percussion, flamenco guitar influence, and organ music into pseudo-tantric rock 'n roll. :jam:

"Baraka" - Probably the best movie I've seen in a while - no joke. Mesmerizing, jaw-dropping, spectacular visuals. :bow: