• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Saw Inception this past weekend - it was fantastic. The really weird thing is that my husband and I both had very vivid dreams that night!

.lava

Veteran Member
i am watching Death Note 2 (the movie, i mean) i am already disappointed lol Japanese are great at anime but i can't say the same for movie. acting skills are almost ridicules, might be fault of director though. and Kira, no, this guy can't be Kira :(

Punnchy

i am watching Death Note 2 (the movie, i mean) i am already disappointed lol Japanese are great at anime but i can't say the same for movie. acting skills are almost ridicules, might be fault of director though. and Kira, no, this guy can't be Kira :(

If you've ever seen the battle royale movies, this is 100% proven true.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!

You just need to go back in time a bit. Look for almost anything by Akira Kurosawa, if you want to see what Japanese filmmakers and actors are capable of.

His movies were the inspiration for (or directly copied by): Star Wars (the original movie), The Magnificent Seven, A Fistful of Dollars, and many more.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My husband and I just watched "Dinner with Schmucks" and I have to say that the critics really missed this one - we thought it was hilarious and definitely worth the money.

But then - humor is very subjective.

Punnchy

Dragon Heart - Good movie glad to watch it again.
Horton Hears a Who - second time i've watched it, didn't know there was a musical number in it.

.lava

Veteran Member
You just need to go back in time a bit. Look for almost anything by Akira Kurosawa, if you want to see what Japanese filmmakers and actors are capable of.

His movies were the inspiration for (or directly copied by): Star Wars (the original movie), The Magnificent Seven, A Fistful of Dollars, and many more.

you're right. Kurosawa is great indeed. kind of a poet IMO. mine was more like a reaction to death note. i liked anime better than movie but it did not have to be like this.

i watched Rahxephon. another anime and it was an interesting love story :)