• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Acim

Revelation all the time
Love and Other Drugs
As a Skinemax flick, this is pretty good. As a movie about characters who evolve into something more than they were at the start of the film, eh, I wish I would've passed. More to loathe than appreciate about the main character.

Acim

Revelation all the time

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Really good visuals, strong plot, rather epic. Some parts were a little bit too hasty. Other parts, like the climax, were a bit too drawn out, imo.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Lars and The Real Girl

While not the first person on this thread to see this movie, it is a rather obscure title. Stars Ryan Gosling in main role. Very good acting on his part. Film's theme made me think of all the talk on RF debate threads where 'objectivity' comes up, and what makes for reality? Is it that everyone agrees to treat something as real? For 'objectively speaking' Lars' girl is real to everyone in the film, while at same time.... well you'll have to see it.

Reminded me at times of Harold and Maude in terms of tone (dark comedy) and just how much the movie wants you to think about rather simple things.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The 9th Gate,only watched it because Johnny Depp was in it,started of well but by the end i had kind of lost interest especially after this lady was killed
ninth-gate-lena-olin1.jpg

Draka

Wonder Woman
Watched "The Time Traveler's Wife" today. Sweet. Was hoping for a happier ending, but was still a good story.

Acim

Revelation all the time
The Kids Are All Right

Already mentioned in this thread a few times. Contrary to what a classic rock fan might think, this has nothing to do with The Who album. Yeah, I knew that going in, but being huge Who fan I am, I couldn't help but make note of this.

I thought the acting was very good, the writing top notch, in terms of characters and dialogue, but the plot was only mildly compelling. Didn't like how it left a certain element near the end hanging, and of movies I've seen recently, wouldn't probably be in my top 10.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I liked it. As a marvel comic reader of old it was good. Interesting twist to the comic and a descent story.

Space Ghost

Extraterrestrial
I searched 'Zeitgeist' on here and haven't found a thread. I'd hate to double post but it's quite informative and entertaining for anyone to watch.

I found a YouTube link here but I cannot post it until I am made 15 post or more according to the notice I just received. Just search 'Zeitgeist' on YouTube and try to find the one titled "Complete Original '07 Zeitgeist with 2010 Updates by: Peter Joseph" 2 hours long but there are shorter parts spread out 8-10 min. long. The one I find most interesting is the parts about how many others share the same characteristics as Jesus Christ and winter solstice and the Resurrection of him. I am not sure how much longer it is going to be on there. YouTube seems to keep deleting it. If not try to pick up a copy somewhere. Really interesting stuff.

Enjoy!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I knew it wouldn't be up there with the sci fi greats (eg, Alien) or western greats (eg, High Noon), but I had to see Cowboys & Aliens.
Yes, indeed.....
It had Cowboys.
It had Aliens.
Things blew up & bodies were gored.
Writing was cliched & formulaic, but the aliens were great & Daniel Craig was violent.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I knew it wouldn't be up there with the sci fi greats (eg, Alien) or western greats (eg, High Noon), but I had to see Cowboys & Aliens.
Yes, indeed.....
It had Cowboys.
It had Aliens.
Things blew up & bodies were gored.
Writing was cliched & formulaic, but the aliens were great & Daniel Craig was violent.
Great fun was had by all. Except maybe the horses.