• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I watched Adjustment Bureau.

I think the movie was pretty good overall. Damon and Blunt act it well, Stamp plays a good antagonist as always, and it's well directed. Although the story seems rather unique, it becomes predictable, and the concept has kind of a religious/theist theme to it.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I watched Adjustment Bureau.

I think the movie was pretty good overall. Damon and Blunt act it well, Stamp plays a good antagonist as always, and it's well directed. Although the story seems rather unique, it becomes predictable, and the concept has kind of a religious/theist theme to it.

Have you seen "Inception" and if yes, do these two compare at all? Even in terms of which one you may have liked more.

I've seen inception and while I have opinions on it, I'll refrain until I hear from someone who has seen both and cares to make a comment.

Thanks.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you seen "Inception" and if yes, do these two compare at all? Even in terms of which one you may have liked more.

I've seen inception and while I have opinions on it, I'll refrain until I hear from someone who has seen both and cares to make a comment.

Thanks.
They seem rather different to compare.

Inception is about lucid dreaming and corporate espionage, and contains huge special effects. Adjustment Bureau is not about dreaming, contains more romantic elements and plots that are truly external (not in dreams), and is fairly character and plot driven rather than based on special effects.

I consider both of them decent movies (though Inception was a little bit over-the-top, while Adjustment Bureau became a little bit predictable), and I liked them. But they are very different.

Sententia

Smurfs: Awesome
Captain America: Great Adaptation but kinda slow, my four year old fell asleep hehe.
Green Zone: Fun flick... Kinda predictable, I wonder why that is...
The Other Guys: Still Laughing. Have you seen this clip? (The movie is worst) [youtube]s4wykeJBHdE[/youtube]
The Other Guys - Tuna vs Lion - YouTube

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes about a week ago. It was pretty good, I thought. My sister and her copious family saw it to, many hours away in South Carolina. And my mom, other sister, and Chile friend saw it with me here in Illinois at the same time. Not planned or anything. :O

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I saw the movie "Ulee's Gold".

It's a drama from the 90's starring Peter Fonda, and is also Jessica Biel's first movie. It's about a guy who is a beekeeper, and he's kind of depressed since most of his family is problematic, and in the movie, some more terrible stuff happens, like his daughter-in-law gets huge withdraw symptoms on drugs, and his granddaughters get held hostage by some bad guys. I think a better name for the movie could be, "How Many Things Can Possibly Go Wrong In The Life Of A Rural Beekeeper?"

But I think it was pretty good. It's slow and has a small budget, but it's well-written.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
We saw "The Help" a few days ago. It was a jam packed theater, on a Sunday evening, and seemed very well received. We really liked it. I mean, it's not a towering work of art but it was a good, solid movie and had a reverberating message, even though it was a bit heavy on the stereotypes.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
We saw "The Help" a few days ago. It was a jam packed theater, on a Sunday evening, and seemed very well received. We really liked it. I mean, it's not a towering work of art but it was a good, solid movie and had a reverberating message, even though it was a bit heavy on the stereotypes.
We just saw it, too. I thought it was really good, but as usual, the book was better. I think the actress who played Aibileen was exceptional, though.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Watchmen
It's a very dark superhero movie. There some things I didn't like, such as the fact that there's no explanation for why some people are superheroes, and they have unrealistic abilities for no reason. You kind of just have to accept that for the sake of the film. But I like the rest- the imagery is incredible, and the plot is interesting. I like how the end of the movie explores the difference between subjective happiness and eudaimonia.

What Dreams May Come
Robin Williams goes to heaven and hell. He acted it well, and the special effects were incredible, especially for the 90's. There was a very artful quality to a portion of the heaven scene. The world described in the film is very bleak and depressing, which I didn't particularly like. I like the basic plot, but not the details, and am not really into New Age stuff. I really loved the artistic quality of the film.