• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Little Miss Sunshine - Steve and I gave this one four stars...........it was hilarious, touching, and we rooted for the daughter in the movie as she and her dysfunctional family drive 800 miles to enter her in a beauty pageant. Great movie. GREAT ENDING!!

The Descent - Meh. Maybe 2 stars. It started out quite scary, and we were getting into the character studies of the 6 women who went caving at first. Gruesome, but not gratuitously so, yet we felt the storyline was disingenuous to the cast, who was superb. Direction was solid as was the cinematography, but........oh well............we just didn't like the way the story evolved. I would've liked to see the lost spelunkers suffer from different forms of hysteria, and allowing it to remain a psychological thriller rather than introducing cave monsters.

Too bad.

Peace,
Mystic

theapm

I recently happened to see movie set in modern times that depicted the second coming of Jesus -- who was portrayed by an African-American actor named Keith Hamilton Cobb. The movie was called "Eyes Beyond Seeing." My friend said she saw the trailer on YouTube or somewhere and then bought the DVD online. I have to say it was quite powerful. Has anyone seen it?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Borat; not quite sure who he was having a dig at, was a bit too silly in places.

Flight plan; was a really good film, didn't expect the twist to be what it was.

Clerks 2; awsome, kevin smith at his best!

Ghost in the shell; what can i say? The movie that made the matrix what it is!

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
The Death of Mr Lazarescu (Moartea Domnului Lazarescu), which my brother gave my wife as a Christmas present. It's very good. A black comedy, though far more black than funny (or maybe that's just because I know how bad the situation is in the Romanian health service), about the treatment of a dying man in Bucharest. It's won a lot of critical acclaim, including prizes at Cannes and other film festivals and it's nice to see the Romanian film industry picking up at last. I'd recommend it to anyone, so long as you don't mind (or like me, like) watching foreign films with subtitles, not that I needed to use the latter much.

Here's a link to a lot of reviews of the film:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1158218-death_of_mr_lazarescu/

James

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
cardero said:
Snoochies!!

Lol, I just wish they had played on jay and bob being bible bashers more though.
Pillow pants made me laugh my head off, just the look on his face when he's having it explained to him, priceless!

Kay

Towards the Sun
Little Miss Sunshine - Brilliant writing. Awesome acting. Unique story. Progressively funny. Great ending. Wonderful film!

jacquie4000

Little Miss Sunshine - Brilliant writing. Awesome acting. Unique story. Progressively funny. Great ending. Wonderful film!

Yes this was a unique story...liked it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Over the Hedge

24 Season 5 (I am not quite finished with this one...)

Narnia

cardero

Citizen Mod
Sex & Fury
DVD/ Color/ 89 Mins./ R/ 1973
The uncut version of the classic Japanese sexploitation flick follows the adventures of a young hoodlum named Ocho (Reiko Ike) who’s out to avenge her father’s death on a rampage of violence. Complete with plenty of bloody sword battles and beautiful faces (including the lovely Christina Lindberg as a lithe European spy), this action saga had an obvious influence on Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill epic. Part of the Pinky Violence Video Colection. Norifumi Suzuki also went on to direct School Of The Holy Beast (Post #500).

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
An inconvinient truth. What can I say apart from wow? I can't remember a film that made me cry so much and also despise and love mankind so much.
I must say that those that chose Bush over Gore should hang your heads in shame, he truly is a great man and an inspiration for us all!
I've never known so much power in a film before now!

nutshell

darkpenguin said:
An inconvinient truth. What can I say apart from wow? I can't remember a film that made me cry so much and also despise and love mankind so much.
I must say that those that chose Bush over Gore should hang your heads in shame, he truly is a great man and an inspiration for us all!
I've never known so much power in a film before now!

I don't support Bush now, but I did vote for him then and I will not hold my head in shame. Because Gore can be in an emotionally moving movie does not mean he's a great leader.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
nutshell said:
I don't support Bush now, but I did vote for him then and I will not hold my head in shame. Because Gore can be in an emotionally moving movie does not mean he's a great leader.

True but the US could do worse then a leader who thinks outside of the box.
I think bush has done america a favour really as i'm guessing and hoping that people will think harder before voting for the next president!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
zombieharlot said:
This movie would be so much cooler if it was about the Japanese sub-culture.
yeah, well i didn't really like it anyway because all these poor men kept getting screwed over by that monster! I'd have slapped her myself if i could have....

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Pinky Violence Collection: Criminal Woman: Killing Melody
DVD/ Color/ 83 Mins./ NR/ 1973
Action and mayhem abound in director Atsushi Mihori's fast-paced thriller (the first of the Zero Woman adventure films). Tossed in the slammer for attacking her father's yakuza killer, Maki (Reiko Ike) is hell-bent on avenging Dad's death. After proving herself in a knife fight against a fellow prisoner (played by Miki Sugimoto), Maki and the inmates form a gang -- and plot bloody bad-girl vengeance on the murderer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I watched the new version of War of the Worlds. I didn't like it, but I had fun laughing it at, and making many jokes about it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Pinky Violence Collection:
Terrifying Girls' High School: Lynch Law Classroom
DVD/ Color/ 88 Mins./ Rated WOW!!/ 1973
Taking the concept behind the Lindsay Lohan vehicle Mean Girls to a whole new level, this kitschy Japanese exploitation flick explores the dog-eat-dog world of an exclusive all-girl high school. In these hallowed halls, an elite group of tough teens calls all the shots and administers their own brand of justice, not wasting a second listening to excuses. That's why for one unlucky schoolgirl, this translates into one heck of a bad hair day.