• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad's Sword !!!

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Snowbear said:
From the mighty Wikki.
Here are the original rules that the dhimmis had to agree to...
Can someone tell me if this law is still in effect in Islamic run countries??

Thank you very much for this information by the way.

Smoke

Done here.
Peace said:
michel said:
Fine! to me is my religion and to you your religion. There is no compulsion in Islam.:)
Right, Christians and Jews can keep their own religion. But what do the Qur'an and the hadith tell us about Christians and Jews who refuse to submit to Muslim rule?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
michel said:
The Truth, had it not been for your reply, I would not have been prompted to do some research; I think even you might be surprized by what I have unearthed.

Perhaps you could look at these three links, and explain them :-

(Please see http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39491&page=7 # 66)

http://www.freewebs.com/rfnewsletter/Untitled-3.html
Edit:- I have just realised that I have forgotten to quote the souce, which is:-
http://www.persecution.com/sitemap/index.cfm
Muhammad's Sword seems to be taken rather litterally in those countries.........

More here too:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16902

Thanks for those links Michel

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
New Life said:

That was the original set of dhimmi laws. If you follow the links in mMichel's post (2 posts above yours), you will see that many of them are still in full force in most Islam ruled countries.

<edit - I see you found them while I was typing ;) >

jewscout

Religious Zionist
fullyveiled muslimah said:
Am I saying that all the wars that muslims ever took part in throughout history was justified and righteous? No I am not. Am I saying that an unjust muslim ruler of a land never oppressed the non-muslims living under them? No, again I am not. I don't think my muslim borthers and sisters will disagree with me either.
i'm w/ Midnight, frubals for you! The problem is really that i get the impression from some muslims on RF that their history exists in a vaccum of infallibility, when they are just, and have been just, as capable of doing good and evil as the next guy.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Truth said:
Dear Michel, show me which country (except Saudi Arabia) forbad any Christian from being Christian and practicing his faith?Even if there is one or more country (which i don't know yet) beside Saudi arabia so is that mean islam teach this? The answer definitely is, No. Also, you said most of muslim countries which is absolutely, inaccurate.Remember that there is more than 1 billion muslim around the world so think of that when you say most. :)Saudi arabia don't represent Islam more than the US representing Christianity, don't you agree with me?

Really? Perhaps you would like to comment on the following, from:-
http://www.persecution.com

Does this reflect the 'oeaceful nature' of Islam, and the tollerance towards others ?

Afghanistan Afghanistan held its first democratic elections in October 2004. Hamad Karzai, a member of the Pashtun Tribe, was selected to lead the country. That election and a parliamentary election in October 2005, brought new hope to the Afghan people who had experienced war and violence since the Soviet invasion in December 1979.

Religion: Muslim 97.89%, Parsee 1.5%, Hindu 0.35%, Traditional ethnic 0.10%, Baha’I 0.10%, Christian 0.02%, Sikh 0.02%, and non-Religious 0.01%

Ideological Influence: A new constitution was signed in January 2004. It recognizes Islam as the official state religion and does not acknowledge the existence of Christians in Afghanistan.

Head of State: President Hamid Karzai

Persecution: Christians say public persecution by the government disappeared with the Taliban, but they are still not free to practice their faith openly without facing persecution from radical Muslims.

Algeria Algeria has suffered from war and civil war for nearly half a century. Tens of thousands have perished. In 2005, voters approved a Charter for Peace and National Reconciliation that offered amnesty to Islamic militants and exonerated the government of wrongdoing. Yet, many Algerians remain bitter from the civil war and distrustful of their government.

Religion:Muslim 96.68.%, non-Religious 3.02%, Christian 0.29%, and Baha’I 0.01%

Ideological Influence: Islam

Head of State: President Abdelaziz Bouteflika

Persecution:In recent years Christians have suffered violence from the Islamic Salvation Front, whose members have been known to march through towns and slit the throats of those who have not lived up to their call to Islamic fundamentalism. Proselytism is not allowed.

Azerbaijan Azerbaijan was a republic of the USSR during most of the 20th century, but became independent in 1991, after which the country faced internal coups and war with Armenia. Western nations considered Azerbaijan’s November 2005 parliamentary election a test of the government’s commitment to democracy.

Religion: Muslim 83.67%, non-Religious 11.31%, Christian 4.63%, Jewish 0.37%, and Baha’i 0.02%

Ideological Influence: Islam and communism

Head of State: President Ilham Aliyev

Persecution: Official religious freedom is tempered by reaction against “Christian” Russian and Armenian hostility, as well as fears of Islamic extremism. Expatriate Christians are forbidden to proselytize. Most of Azerbaijan’s towns and villages have never been evangelized.

Bangladesh Bangladesh is a country consistently plagued by disaster. Almost half of this country is made up of low-lying land, most of which is less than nine feet above sea level. This climate causes a huge loss of life during the country’s frequent floods and cyclones, and is responsible for billions of dollars worth of damage, as well as continued poverty. Widespread rioting and a national strike were spurred by a grenade attack that killed a former Finance Minister in 2005.

Religion: Muslim 85.63%, Hindu 12.38%, Christian 0.72%, Buddhist 0.62%, Traditional ethnic 0.57%, and non- Religious/other 0.08%

Head of State: President Iajuddin Ahmed

Persecution:Muslim extremists often deny Christians access to public water wells, as well as force them from their homes and beat them. These extremists have also destroyed rickshaws owned by Christians, thereby taking their only source of income

BruneiBrunei is one of the richest states in Asia, and its king is considered the world’s wealthiest man. Oil is the sole source of wealth, but its reserves are predicted to be used up by the year 2020.

Religion:Muslim 64.39%, Christian 11.25%, Buddhist 9.09%, Traditional ethnic 7.60%, Chinese 5.31%, non-Religious/other 1.22%, Hindu 0.84%, and Baha’i 0.30%.

Head of State: Sultan and Prime Minister Sir Hassanal Bolkiah

Persecution: Constitutional guarantees allowing free practice of religion are steadily eroding. Christian leaders were expelled in 1991, and the following year Christian literature was banned and the celebration of Christmas outlawed. Conversion to Christianity is restricted since it is illegal to evangelize Muslims.
Chechnya In 1994, Chechnya, a Muslim republic that is part of Russia, declared independence from Russia. After a two-year war with Russia, a cease-fire began in 1996. Chechnya has elected a president and has adopted Islamic law as the law of the land. The republic is now called Ichkeria. Protestant Christians there have suffered persecution and death threats.Almost all of the 950,000 Chechens are Muslim and have been radicalized by Sufism and international Islamists. Chechens’ Christian presence is practically nonexistent, and Christian aid organizations have withdrawn in order to work with refugees in North Ossetiya. Sixty-five-year-old Aleksandr Kulakov, leader of the Grozny Baptist Church, was reportedly beheaded in 1999, and his severed head displayed at a local market.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Part2
Comoro Islands Comoros has been plagued with 17 attempted coups, including invasions from France since 1975. In October 1997, a new constitution was approved by 85 percent of the voters. This new document greatly increased the influence of Islam.

Religion: Muslim 98.07%, non-Religious/other 1.09%, and Christian 0.84%

Head of State: President Azali Assoumani

Persecution: Public witness by Christians is forbidden, and believers are not permitted to meet openly. They have suffered periods of harassment and persecution while being denied many social and civil privileges.
Egypt Egypt was predominantly Christian during the first centuries after Christ. In 969 A.D., the country was conquered by Jawhar al-Siqilli and Cairo founded as the new capital, but thankfully Egypt’s Coptic Christian church never disappeared. In September 2005, opposition candidates were allowed to challenge Hosni Mubarak in the country’s first multi-candidate presidential election. The defeated candidates claimed Mubarak’s win was fraudulent.

Religion: Muslim 86.52%, Christian 12.98%, and non-Religious/other 0.50%. The official figure for Christians is 6 percent, but Christians claim up to 20 percent. The true number is probably in between the official and unofficial figures.

Head of State: President Mohammed Hosni Mubarak

Persecution: The country’s constitution gives preference to Muslims, and Christians are treated as second-class citizens, denied political representation, and discriminated against in employment. An 1856 Ottoman Empire law kept any church from being built, repaired or even repainted without the permission of Egypt’s president. The law was revised in 2003, and the decision-making is now left up to local governments. In January 2003, President Mubarak declared Christmas (January 7th on the Eastern Church calendar) a public holiday. That was a first for Egypt, but Christians are still susceptible to attacks by Muslim extremists who often go unpunished. Some Christian girls have been raped and then forced to marry Muslim men. Others have been abducted and forced to convert to Islam. Financial incentives have even been offered to convince some Christian girls to convert to Islam.
Eritrea Eritrea has been dominated by war and drought during the past four decades. Three Marxist liberation movements led Eritrea in a 30-year struggle for independence starting in 1961. Ethiopian troops were defeated and independence gained after a referendum in 1993. Eritrean government support of rebel fighters in neighboring Sudan and Somalia have delayed and disrupted efforts to bring peace to the people of this nation.

Religion: Muslim 47.97%, Christian 47.43%, non-Religious 4%, and Traditional ethnic 0.6%

Ideological Influence: Some communist influence under a military dictatorship

Head of State: President Isaias Afworki

Persecution: Radical Ethiopian Orthodox Christians and militant Muslims have stepped up attacks against evangelical Christians in recent years. The Eritrean Marxist government ordered all independent Protestant churches to close in May 2002, declaring only a few religions were legal. In 2005, police arrested 20 evangelicals at a Christian wedding held in a private home. The bride, groom, wedding parties and three pastors were among the 20 who refused to sign documents renouncing their faith. They were imprisoned and are denied contact from friends or relatives. Over 1,000 evangelicals, including 17 pastors, are incarcerated in Eritrea, with many of them being held in storage containers.
Ethiopia In 1974, a revolution imposed a Marxist-like government on the country. The regime persecuted Christians and allowed for the Islamic movement to strengthen its position. However, this iron-fisted reign ended in 1991, and ever since there has been great freedom to worship and evangelize. However, Muslims have started massive campaigns to Islamize Ethiopia by penetrating Christian areas with bribes and mosque-building programs. In the town of Alaba (K’olito), evangelical Christians have been the victims of severe physical abuse, confiscation and destruction of property, extortion, kidnapping, forcible marriage and unlawful imprisonment. Hajji Husman Mohamed, a former Muslim Imam, has suffered since his conversion to Christ. In December 2004, all of his property was taken from him. On February 1, 2005, he and his family, including his pregnant wife, were severely beaten. Since the Ethiopian Constitution allows flexibility in administering justice in local areas, any investigation of these events is unlikely. Alaba’s regional office is the first to have requested the government for permission to implement Shariah Law.
Gaza and the West Bank In 1948, Palestine lost most of its land, and Israel’s occupation of the remaining land in 1967 overshadows the life of Palestinians. According to Operation World, “Arafat’s political and economic failures have increased support for the Islamists and brought further pressure on the dwindling and marginalized Christian population.” Less than 2 percent of Palestinians are Christian, many of whom can trace their roots back to pre-Islamic times. There are about 2,000 Arab evangelicals in 30 churches, 20 of which are in the West Bank. “They feel rejected by Jews, Arabs, traditional Christians and even Western evangelicals and thus isolated. Those from a Muslim background have been specifically targeted by Islamists” (Operation World).

Indonesia Indonesia is the site of one of the few failures of a communist movement to overthrow a government. In 1965, tensions built to a showdown between communists and Muslims. When the Muslims emerged victorious, over half a million communist sympathizers were killed, and many others came to Christ. Indonesia's collection of 17,000 islands is the world’s most populous Muslim nation.

Religion: Muslim 80.30%, Christian 16.00%, Hindu 1.90%, Traditional ethnic 1.00%, Chinese 0.50%, and Buddhist 0.30%. Religious statistics are a sensitive political issue. Official and unofficial figures differ widely.

Head of State: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

Persecution: The government forces people to carry an identification card, which includes their religious status, and has promoted a belief called “Pancasila,” meaning all may freely choose to follow Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or Hinduism; but in reality Muslims receive preferential treatment. The political strength of Islam has been used to limit evangelism and reduce Christian influence on public life. The Islamists’ stated aim is the complete elimination of Christianity in the country. Militant Muslims have orchestrated an Islamic jihad against Christians, killing thousands and destroying hundreds of churches. Areas such as Central Sulawesi and the Maluku Islands, where Christians are the majority, have been subjected to outright military attacks and killings. For the first time in 50 years, Aceh province was opened to Christian missionaries in early 2005, as many conducted tsunami relief efforts. In May 2005, Muslim radicals detonated two bombs in a marketplace killing 23 people and injuring 50 in the Christian city of Tentena. In September 2005, three Sunday school teachers were sentenced to three years in prison for proselytizing Muslim children, a violation of the Child Protection Act of 2002. The Muslim parents had permitted their children to attend the Sunday school. Also, in late summer and early fall 2005, Muslim mobs forced the closure of at least 60 churches, most of them in West Java

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Part3.
Iran Iran and its overthrow of the Shah in 1979 ended its friendship with the West and installed a Shiite Muslim government set on crushing any deviating faith. The conservative mayor of Tehran, Mahmud Ahmadinejad, was elected president in June 2005.

Religion: Muslim 99.02%, Baha’i 0.52%, Christian 0.33%, Other 0.10%, and Jewish 0.03%

Head of State: President Mahmud Ahmadi-Nejad

Persecution: Despite constitutional guarantees of religious freedom, Shi’a Islam is the state religion, and all other deviations from Islam are severely treated. Open witness to Muslims is banned, and the government has sent spies to monitor Christian groups. Believers are discriminated against in education, employment and property ownership. Pastors have even been murdered.
Iraq Iraq has experienced a troubled history since Bible times. When Saddam Hussein came to power in 1979, the people of Iraq suffered greater hardship and ongoing turmoil.

Religion: Muslim 96.85%, Christian 1.55%, Other 1.10%, and non-Religious 0.50%.

Ideological Influence: Country in transition with democratic and Islamic influence

Head of State: President Jalal Talabani

Persecution: After the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime, members of the underground church said there was new freedom to openly practice their Christian faith without fear of government persecution. Muslims are receptive to the gospel, and Christians say they expect a brief window of opportunity to evangelize Iraqis. Five churches were bombed by Islamic insurgents in August 2004, and thousands of Iraqi Christians—mostly from the traditional church—fled the country. Attacks on Christians and churches continued in 2005.
Kuwait Kuwait is best known in the U.S. as the catalyst for the 1991 Gulf War, in which Kuwait was liberated from Iraq.

Religion: Muslim 87.43%, Christian 8.17%, Hindu 2.50%, non-Religious/other 1.10%, Baha’i 0.50%, and Buddhist 0.30%. Kuwait has a diverse Christian community in a relatively liberal Islamic regime.

Head of State: Amir Jabir al-Ahmad al-Jabir al- Sabah

Persecution: Although the Gulf War resulted in loosening strict religious rules in Kuwait, full freedom to worship is still not a reality. Only Muslims may become citizens. Christians have the freedom to live and work in Kuwait, but worship must be within the Christian community (a physical location). Evangelism to Kuwaitis is forbidden. The government discourages Christianity by providing financial incentives for Muslims and has even purchased large quantities of Bibles to burn them.
Lebanon Lebanon was established as a separate state after WWI to allow for the rights and culture of Maronite Christians, then a majority in the country. It is the only Arab nation with full religious freedom without Islam as the state religion. Western powers were deliberate about not creating a Christian state but a secular one to demonstrate Christian-Muslim co-existence. In 1941, when Lebanon became independent, its constitution balanced power between the Christian majority and Sunni Muslim, Shi’a Muslim and Druze groups. As a result of the Arab wars against Israel, Palestinian Arabs were displaced into Lebanon, and Muslims became the majority. (In 1970, Lebanon was 62 percent Christian; but in 2000, the country was just 32 percent Christian.) Lebanese Christians are concerned about the 2005 elections. The 1989 Taif Accord split Lebanon’s 128-member legislature equally between Christians and Muslims. However, the 2000 electoral law (enacted by Lebanon’s pro-Syrian government) marginalizes Christians and ensures the election of pro-Syrian candidates. On February 14, 2005, former Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri was assassinated in a bombing, which also killed Mr. Basel Flaihan, a Christian Evangelical Church member in the Lebanese Parliament. Since the assassination, five bombings have targeted Christian districts and locations. Two people were killed and 27 injured during the May 6, 2005 attack of The Voice of Charity radio station (run by the Congregation of Maronite Lebanese Missionaries). (ASSIST News Services)

Libya Libya has been ruled single-handedly by Muammar al-Qadhafi, who is perhaps best known for his associations with other radical regimes and terrorist groups. United Nations sanctions against Libya were lifted in 2003; and in 2004, Qadhafi announced he would pursue an agreement with the West by ending his pursuit and development of weapons of mass destruction. Qadhafi is legitimately concerned about the growing threat of Islamists in his country. For this reason, he has attempted to appease Muslims by broadening Islamic law.

Religion: Muslim 96.50%, Christian 3.00%, Buddhist 0.30%, and non- Religious/other 0.20%

Ideological Influence: A military dictatorship with Islamic influence

Head of State: Muammar al-Qadhafi

Persecution: Libyans are off limits for evangelism. A number of expatriates are seeking to reach Libyans, but they are hindered by the country’s elaborate secret police network. Christian literature may enter only through secretive means.

Malaysia Malaysia is a federation of 13 states and was formed as a monarchy in 1963. There are two distinct parts of Malaysia: Peninsular (West) Malaysia and East Malaysia.

Religion: Muslim 58.00%, Buddhist/Chinese 21.59%, Christian 9.21%, Hindu 5.00%, non-Religious/other 4.50%, Traditional ethnic 1.20%, Baha’i 0.40%, and Sikh 0.10%. Sunni Islam is the official and favored religion in Peninsular Malaysia, and there is continual pressure to apply the same in East Malaysia, where Islam is a minority.

Head of State: Prime Minister Abdullah bin Ahmad

Persecution: Badawi Malaysia’s constitution guarantees religious freedom, but fundamentalist Muslims do everything in their power to inhibit Christian evangelism. Christian literature is limited only to non-Malays. Ethnic Malays are not allowed to have a Christian place of worship. Governmental efforts to prevent the unauthorized use of religious terms have led to the banning of the Indonesian Bible and several other Christian books containing certain phrases common to Islam. Permission to build new churches is rarely granted, and house churches are strongly discouraged.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Part 4.
MaldivesMaldives is a 500-mile-long string of 1,200 islands in the Indian Ocean.

Religion:Muslim 99.41%, Buddhist 0.45%, Christian 0.10%, non-Religious/other 0.03%, and Hindu 0.01%. Islam is the only recognized religion and is strongly promoted for national unity and the preservation of the government’s power.

Head of State: President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom

Persecution:Free speech is not respected for the press or for non-Muslim religions. Outsiders are only allowed brief visits to inhabited areas of the Maldives, so their influence on Muslim communities will be minimized. In 1998, all known Christian foreigners were expelled from the country, and all known Maldivian Christians were arrested. International prayer and protest helped facilitate their release later in the year. Maldivian believers are now carefully watched. They have suffered ostracism and loss of jobs, and they cannot openly meet together or read the Scriptures.
MauritaniaMauritania has endured much hardship with long droughts and ethnic squabbling.

Religion: Muslim 99.84% and Christian 0.16%

Head of State: President Maaouya Ould Sid Ahmed Taya

Persecution: Freedom of religion is nonexistent in this state where Islam has dominated for over 1,000 years. It is illegal for citizens to enter non-Muslim households, and anyone who confesses Christ faces the death penalty under the law. Christian literature and religious radio broadcasts are not allowed. The government takes great pains to keep Christianity away from the people.
Mindanao (Philippines)The Muslim minority in Mindanao, Philippines has been trying to establish an independent Islamic state in the south. According to Compass Direct, a 24-year-old Christian man in Zamboanga City, Philippines, was shot and injured by Muslim activists on November 17, 2004. Several Muslim terrorist organizations exist in the Philippines, such as the Abu Sayyaf and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, which have been linked to Al-Qaeda. According to police sources, the groups are attracting new converts to Islam in greater numbers than Muslims born into the faith. “Converts are ideal terrorists because they are eager to prove themselves worthy of their new faith,” Chief Superintendent of Police Rodolfo Mendoza recently told a journalist. There are over 200 missionaries working in this area and are doing so at great risk.

MoroccoMorocco was invaded in the 7th century by Arab armies who brought Islam with them. Morocco’s late king, Hassan II, even claimed to be a direct descendant of the prophet Mohammed.

Religion:Muslim 99.85%, Christian 0.10%, and Jewish 0.05%. Sunni Islam is the state religion. The government is committed to the preservation of Islam as the religion of all Moroccans.

Head of State: King Mohamed VI

Persecution: A Moroccan church consisting of former Muslims cannot be recognized, and other religious groups are tolerated as long as their ministry is confined to expatriate communities. Many have endured ostracism from their families, loss of employment and imprisonment for their faith. However, hearts are being turned toward the gospel of a loving Savior. Disturbed by Islamic terrorism, the king of Morocco wants a Christian influence in the country.
Nigeria Nigeria has known only one decade of an elected government since it left the British Empire in 1960, until President Olusegun Obasanjo was elected to office in 1999. He was reelected in 2003. Obasanjo has promised reforms, but a culture of greed and corruption runs deep.

Religion: Christian 52.61%, Muslim 41.00%, Traditional ethnic 5.99%, and non- Religious/other 0.40% (Traditional religions are nearer 13 percent of the population, and so both Muslims and Christians are correspondingly lower than the above figures indicate.)

Head of State: President Olusegun Obasanjo, a committed Christian, has wisely and tactfully moved to bring about change while endeavoring to preserve national unity. The former ruling elite have put forth efforts to frustrate and discredit his administration.

Persecution: Islam has been given preferential treatment over Christianity in the past. Shariah Law has been implemented in 12 of Northern Nigeria’s predominately Muslim states. Christian leaders are hopeful Obasanjo’s government will continue to crack down on Muslim fanaticism. In 2005, violence against Christians continued. Believers were killed; churches, Christian schools, homes and businesses were burned and destroyed. The government in the past has turned a blind eye.
OmanOman’s Sultan Qaboos bin Said declared, “Oman in the past was in darkness...but a new dawn will rise.” While Qaboos was able to increase the country’s wealth, darkness persists: the darkness in the hearts of Oman’s people caught in the clutches of Islam.

Religion:Muslim 92.66%, Hindu 3.00%, Christian 2.54%, Buddhist 1.20%, non-Religious/other 0.40%, and Baha’I 0.20%. Ibadi is the state religion. The Sultan has consistently opposed fanatical Islam since his reign began in 1990.

Head of State: Sultan and Prime Minister Qaboos bin Said al-Said

Persecution:Churches and church activities for the expatriate communities are permitted, but proselytizing Muslims is forbidden.
Pakistan Pakistan gained independence from Britain in 1947, but has been unstable ever since. Its people have suffered through three wars and endured military regimes and corrupt governments.

Religion: Muslim 96.08%, Christian 2.31%, Hindu 1.50%, Baha’i 0.06%, Other 0.03%, and Traditional ethnic 0.02%. Pakistan is an Islamic republic. Shariah Law has been increasingly applied, even to Christians and Hindus, despite its contravention of the constitution.

Head of State: President General Pervez Musharraf

Persecution: Militant Islamic forces in Pakistan have initiated much violence against Christians. Many Pakistani Christians have been falsely accused of breaking Law 295c—blaspheming Mohammed—a crime punishable by death. Some have even been killed by mobs after being acquitted of such charges. Christians are barred from some professions, and the most menial tasks are reserved for Christians alone. Their testimony in court is half the value of a Muslim’s. Several pastors and Christian evangelists were martyred by Islamic militants in 2004, including Pastor George Masih, who was slain in his home for sharing the gospel with Muslim villagers in Manawala. More kidnappings, amputations and violence occurred in 2005 as Muslim persecution of Christians continued.
QatarQatar is almost entirely covered by desert, but there are huge oil reserves beneath the ground.

Religion: Muslim 79.43%, Christian 10.47%, Hindu 7.20%, Buddhist 1.80%, non- Religious 0.90%, and Baha’i 0.20%. The strict Wahhabi form of Sunni Islam is the state religion.

Head of State: Amir Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani

Persecution:Proselytism of Muslims is forbidden; however, expatriate believers are allowed to practice their faith. In 2000, the Emir granted land for a Christian compound to be built for the purpose of holding services. Criticism of the Muslim faith or the ruling family is a crime.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Part5
Saudi ArabiaSaudi Arabia has enormous oil wealth that produces twothirds of the government’s revenue. King Fahd, who ascended to the throne in 1982, died in August 2005 at the age of 84. His half-brother, Crown Prince Abdallah, was named as his successor.

Religion: Muslim 92.83%, Christian 4.54%, non-Religious/other 1.40%, Hindu 0.60%, Buddhist/Chinese 0.42%, Sikh 0.19%, and Baha’i 0.02%. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state, committed to the role of custodian of Islam and its holiest sites. A massive Islamic missionary effort is coordinated by the Muslim World League in Mecca. Billions of dollars are spent every year to propagate Islam worldwide.

Head of State: King and Prime Minister Abdallah bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud

Persecution: Saudi Arabia once had a large Christian population until 1,300 years ago. Islam gained control at that time, and all Christians were expelled. It has been reported that public relations firms in the U.S. have been hired by the country to help cover up its poor human rights record. Any person who does mission work or converts a Muslim faces jail, expulsion or execution. Even foreign Christians visiting Saudi Arabia are not allowed to meet together and worship.
Somalia Somalia was taken over in 1969, by dictator Siyaad Barre, who exploited clan warfare within Somalia to retain power. When Barre’s government was toppled in 1991, Somalia could no longer be considered a single country but a collection of fighting ethnic groups and clans. With no central government, the enforcement of strict Muslim law varies from area to area. In late 2005, ongoing political turmoil and threats of armed conflict diminished prospects for long-term peace and stability and posed new dangers to the interim government.

Religion: Muslim 99.95% and Christian 0.05%. Islam is the official religion.

Head of State: President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed

Persecution: Fellowship among believers is dangerous, since persecution is strong in many parts of the country. A number of believers have been martyred, and others have been publicly named as targets for execution

SudanSudan is Africa’s largest country. The Muslim government of Khartoum in the North has waged a jihad against the mostly Christian South. In January 2005, a peace agreement was signed between the government and the Sudan Peoples Liberation Army, thus ending armed hostilities between them. The peace agreement calls for the immediate sharing of oil wealth and a referendum on Southern independence to be held within six years.

Religion: Muslim 65.00%, Christian 23.19%, Traditional ethnic 10.61%, and non- Religious/other 1.20%

Head of State: President Umar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir

Persecution:Deliberate attempts to eliminate a viable Christian presence have been extreme and have included the destruction of hospitals, schools, churches and Christian villages. Pastors and church leaders have been killed. Men, women and children have been threatened with death or torture if they refuse to convert to Islam. In the midst of these atrocities, the Body of Christ in Sudan is growing. Massive population movements have broken down barriers of customs and languages to bring many to Christ from unreached peoples. In 2005, Sudan’s new Vice President and Commander-in-Chief of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A), Dr. John Garang de Mabior, died in a helicopter crash. This Christian hero’s death leaves the future of a peaceful unified Sudan in doubt.
Syria Syria became one of the leading nations of refuge for fleeing Iraqi Christians in 2004. (Thousands left Iraq following the bombing of five churches in Baghdad, in August 2004.) Many have immigrated to Damascus, seeking security and economic opportunities.

Religion: Muslim 90.32%, Christian 5.12%, non-Religious 2.90%, Other (Druze, etc.) 1.55%, Baha’i 0.10%, and Jewish 0.01%. In 1973, Syria was declared a secular state with Islam recognized as the religion of the majority, and all other minorities accorded definite rights and privileges with a measure of religious freedom.

Head of State: President Bashar al-Asad

Persecution:Christian minorities are tolerated and have freedom to worship and witness within their own community, but all activities that could threaten the government or communal harmony are watched. Evangelicals currently enjoy good standing, so they are hesitant to jeopardize this by witnessing too openly.
TajikistanTajikistan gained independence from the Soviet Empire in 1992, and since then has suffered from corruption, civil war and poverty. Life in this Muslim country is very harsh, and the influence of Islam is increasing.

Religion: Muslim 89.50%, non-Religious 9.09%, Christian 1.38%, and Other 0.03%. Although 90 percent of its citizens profess to be Muslim, only a fraction regularly practices Islamic ritual. Most are more influenced by superstition and Zoroastrian beliefs. The number of functioning mosques grew in a decade from 18 to 4,000. Muslims have significantly increased their strength in society since the 1997 peace accord granted them participation in the government.

Head of State: President Emomali Rahmonov

Persecution: Religious freedom is guaranteed, but fear of radical Islam provides the government with an excuse to watch all religious activity closely. Proselytism is not forbidden, but any activity causing religious tension is quashed. In January 2004, Pastor Sergei Bessarab was killed by a radical Muslim. He was planting a church in the city of Isfara.
TunisiaTunisia is one of the most progressive and open societies in the Arab world. Most people have secular dreams of wealth.

Religion: Muslim 99.66%, Christian 0.22%, non-Religious/other 0.10%, and Jewish 0.02%.

Head of State: President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali

Persecution: Christian literature is not openly distributed; and with so few believers, dissemination is difficult. The government is not favorable to any Christian proselytism, but tolerance is shown to foreign minorities.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Part6.
Turkey Turkey, when under the Ottoman Empire, was for centuries the guardian of the holy places of Islam. In the 20th century, the number of Christians in Turkey dropped significantly, and the influence of the Muslim faith is rising.

Religion: Muslim 99.64%, Christian 0.32%, and Jewish 0.04%

Ideological Influence: Secular state with Islamic influence

Head of State: President Ahmet Necdet Sezer

Persecution: The constitutional guarantee of religious freedom has not been fully upheld. Instances of discrimination and harassment of religious minorities are many, but there has been a distinct improvement since 2000. Many politicians, the police and the growing Islamist movement are hostile to anything Christian. The ancient churches survived until the beginning of the 20th century, but since then have been decimated by massacres (Armenians), severe persecution (Assyrians), and emigration (Greeks, etc.).
Turkmenistan Turkmenistan was one of the republics in the former Soviet Union. It had relative freedom in 1991, after the USSR’s collapse, but many remnants of the old communist system remain.

Religion:Muslim 91.84%, non- Religious/other 5.47%, Christian 2.66%, and Jewish 0.03%. Islam was severely repressed under communism, but now it is gaining influence and strength.

Ideological Influence: Dictatorship under communist and Islamic influence

Head of State: President Saparmurad Niyazov has built palaces and memorials to himself all over the country, while his citizens suffer in poverty. He calls himself the “King of kings.”

Persecution: Constitutionally there is freedom of religion, but in practice this is limited to Sunni Islam and Russian Orthodox. All other forms of Islam or minority religions are subject to severe repression and harassment. Christian students attending universities have been threatened with expulsion. Nearly every foreign Christian has been expelled. Several national pastors have been exiled, beaten up, heavily fined and imprisoned. Congregations have been intimidated and forbidden to meet. A new decree in March 2005 sought government control of churches by requiring them “to gain official registration.” Evangelical Christians have suffered the most persecution under the government’s religious legislation. Participation in unregistered Baptist house churches has resulted in fines, the seizure of family possessions, and deductions from their salary. Several raids against religious communities were launched by the government in August 2004.
United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates came into being in 1971, when the Trucial States became a loose confederation of sheikdoms.

Religion: Muslim 65.45%, Hindu 17.00%, Christian 9.25%, Buddhist 4.00%, Other 2.50%, non-Religious 1.30%, and Baha’i 0.50% (Religious figures are estimates.) Islam is the state religion.

Head of State: President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayid al-Nuhayyan

Persecution: Only foreign Christians have freedom to worship and witness. Christian education and witnessing to nationals are severely restricted. Few believers have opportunities to openly share their faith.

Uzbekistan Uzbekistan, once a republic of the Soviet Union, had a period of relative freedom following the fall of the Soviet Empire. The growing Islamist movement has been vigorously suppressed, with Christians also affected by government legislation and actions.

Religion: Muslim 83.50%, non-Religious 14.52%, Christian 1.28%, Buddhist 0.30%, Traditional ethnic 0.20%, and Jewish 0.20%. The country is a secular state that promotes a moderate form of Islam. Almost all the Christians are ethnic minorities.

Head of State: President Islom Karimov

Persecution: Each church must have an official government registration in order to hold services. Police have made unannounced visits to churches demanding to see their registration papers. Churches unable to produce their registration are immediately closed and their doors sealed by the police. Pastors have been arrested and detained and members threatened. Evangelism or missionary activity can earn three years in prison and organizing an unregistered group, five years. Ethnic minorities (Koreans and Russians) have considerable freedom to reach their own people and are doing so. National Security Police raided several churches in 2004, threatening heavy fines if the churches did not register. House-church meetings in Uzbekistan are illegal. In one raid police reportedly said there was no need for Christians or faiths other than Islam in Uzbekistan.

Yemen Yemen was the site of the great cities of the Queen of Sheba, who traded gifts with King Solomon.

Religion: Muslim 99.94%, Christian 0.05%, and Jewish 0.01%. Islam is the official religion, and the legal system is based on Shariah Law.

Head of State: President Ali Abdallah Salih

Persecution: Christianity was strong by 400 A.D., but was almost completely wiped out by the Muslim conquest in the 7th century. It is illegal for non-Muslims to proselytize and for Muslims to convert to Christianity. Due to social pressures, it is dangerous for Yemenis to become believers.

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
So what's the problem if during that time people accepted Islam by their own will? no problem

Is it wrong?
no
No body force no one to enter to Islam.
what ever?

kai

ragamuffin
New Life said:
no its not, no dhimmi no jisya so everyone whop is not a muslim is unprotected especialy under sharia because no jisya no protection. so in effect the posts so kindly by michel show that incidents of persecution to non muslims can by some muslims be considered ok because they dont pay the jisya

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Yeah Michel,

But do you have anything overwhelming and convincing? (JOKE) That was a very extensive list and confirms a lot of what I have heard about those places from other sources, thanks for the elaborate post.

B.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
kai said:
no its not, no dhimmi no jisya so everyone whop is not a muslim is unprotected especialy under sharia because no jisya no protection. so in effect the posts so kindly by michel show that incidents of persecution to non muslims can by some muslims be considered ok because they dont pay the jisya

Is this any different from the practice that the Krays used, pay me protection money or else? This is outrageous and highly infuriating.

I think I need to avoid these Islam posts because the injustice of it all breaks my heart, my poor brethren, at least they have the Wonderful Comforter and the promise of a day of justice:

2Thes 1v6-8: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Even so come quickly Lord.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Yeah Michel,

But do you have anything overwhelming and convincing? (JOKE) That was a very extensive list and confirms a lot of what I have heard about those places from other sources, thanks for the elaborate post.

B.

I'm sorry, I know it was too long, but I really wanted to make an impact. I hear so much about people feeling victimised that I must admit, I am fed up with it; I want the other side of the story to be made clear.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

michel said:
I'm sorry, I know it was too long, but I really wanted to make an impact. I hear so much about people feeling victimised that I must admit, I am fed up with it; I want the other side of the story to be made clear.

Don't apologize to me brother, I don't feel it was too long at all. Both sides of the story needs to be presented, you were posed a challenging question and answered with an overwhelming answer, I say "Bravo". Your post showed in stark detail what I have been saying for years. Theocracy's are inherently the most intollerent and intollerable form of government available. It has been proven time and time again throughout history and in the world today. Your several posts put real numbers to the idea, again, "Bravo".

B.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Again, all muslims are painted with the same brush. We are devils in disguise and the essence of wolves in sheeps clothing.

I am not one to turn my face from the truth. I would never deny the corruption that takes place in places where there is a large muslim population. I have said it before and I will say it again, the governments in power in these places have little to do with Islam as it should be practiced. It is a wrong assumption that Islam causes such corrupt behaviour. Corruption is the same everywhere when it comes down to the reasons why it exists: the greed for wealth, power, and land.

Again, I have never said nor implied that muslims were perfect and that at any given time, we are incapable of wrongdoing. What i have said, is that Islam is not a cause for this behavior. Case in point is Afghanistan. It is interesting to note these numbers in a country that American government actually chose the government in power there now. It was the Bush administration that deemed the perpetrators of this bad behavior as acceptable and tolerant muslims. Interesting that it is simply not being publicly reported about these incidents, but that they continue unadulterated.

I guess after this post, another post will be put up as a reply that further indicates the evil of muslims and the evil of Islam. What we have been saying falls only on deaf ears. Of all the things I wrote on this subject, I didn't get frubals until I "admitted" wrongdoing. Not that I post things to get frubals from anyone.

So the next question becomes, since most of the people posting on this thread have agreed that Islam and the muslims are evil, what are the non-muslims going to do about us? Any suggestions?

Laila

Again, all muslims are painted with the same brush. We are devils in disguise and the essence of wolves in sheeps clothing.

I am not one to turn my face from the truth. I would never deny the corruption that takes place in places where there is a large muslim population. I have said it before and I will say it again, the governments in power in these places have little to do with Islam as it should be practiced. It is a wrong assumption that Islam causes such corrupt behaviour. Corruption is the same everywhere when it comes down to the reasons why it exists: the greed for wealth, power, and land.

Again, I have never said nor implied that muslims were perfect and that at any given time, we are incapable of wrongdoing. What i have said, is that Islam is not a cause for this behavior. Case in point is Afghanistan. It is interesting to note these numbers in a country that American government actually chose the government in power there now. It was the Bush administration that deemed the perpetrators of this bad behavior as acceptable and tolerant muslims. Interesting that it is simply not being publicly reported about these incidents, but that they continue unadulterated.

I guess after this post, another post will be put up as a reply that further indicates the evil of muslims and the evil of Islam. What we have been saying falls only on deaf ears. Of all the things I wrote on this subject, I didn't get frubals until I &quot;admitted&quot; wrongdoing. Not that I post things to get frubals from anyone.

So the next question becomes, since most of the people posting on this thread have agreed that Islam and the muslims are evil, what are the non-muslims going to do about us? Any suggestions?
well done sister.

Smoke

Done here.
I have said it before and I will say it again, the governments in power in these places have little to do with Islam as it should be practiced.
But "Islam as it should be practiced" doesn't mean anything. Why should any non-Muslim give Islam as it is practiced credit for a theoretical, potential Islam?

It is a wrong assumption that Islam causes such corrupt behaviour. Corruption is the same everywhere when it comes down to the reasons why it exists: the greed for wealth, power, and land.
But why, after 1400 years of Islam, are the lands where Islam is the dominant religion still the most repressive and intolerant in the world? Why is Muslim religious violence so much more common today than any other kind of religious violence? Aren't these questions that peaceful Muslims should be asking?

No, the question is, if Islam is indeed -- or can be -- a religion of peace, then what are you and the other peaceful Muslims going to do about Muslim violence?