• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims do not worship the same god as the Christians

Antiochian

Rationalist
One could make a case that not even all Christians worship the same God. God as understood by Calvinists is quite different from the God of Arminians.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Therefore necessarily, right or wrong. Islam and Christianity are not worshipping the same God.
So which one is worshipping the right God and who is answering the prayers of those who are praying to the wrong God?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
The basic premise seems ignored.

If you worship two different natures then they cannot be the same nature. That is a logical incoherence.

Therefore necessarily, right or wrong. Islam and Christianity are not worshipping the same God.
The basic premise isn't being ignored, just being debated.

Islam and Christianity worship the same god. All you have to do is go ask a Muslim. It really isn't that hard.

And they aren't even worshipping different natures. They both believe in the same god. The difference you are showing is just that one believes that God sent Jesus as his only son, as an incarnation of himself, and the other believes that God sent Jesus as a prophet. Just a difference of opinion.

ID_Neon

Wrong fallingblood.

Islam's God does not require intercession (difference 1) and is arbitrary therefore fallible (difference 2).

Islam's God can change the rules at any time.

Christ's God cannot, but must be wholly consistent!

These are incompatible differences.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Wrong fallingblood.

Islam's God does not require intercession (difference 1) and is arbitrary therefore fallible (difference 2).
The Christian god did not require intercession either.
The Christian god can change the rules at any time.
Yes he can. Just look at the Bible.
No, the differences only show ignorance on the subject.

Straw Dog

Wrong fallingblood.

Dude, you are all over the place. How many threads do you got going on different subjects in different sections? Just slow down and pay attention to what you're saying and what everyone else is saying. You are being too uptight about your beliefs, and not actually listening to any opposing points of view. Now your dragging this negative energy into the comparative religion forums. People come here to peacefully discuss their differences and similarities, not to debate and deconstruct everyone else. Because, at the end of the day, it's just your opinion, man.

ID_Neon

It's not negative energy, fallingblood has made a flat out lie in his statement about the Christian God.

While I've paraphrased a Muslim I invited clarification of the specific point of intercession and rewriting the law.

Christian basic theology is God can't do this!

Shermana

Heretic

If you worship two different natures then they cannot be the same nature. That is a logical incoherence.

So like Tumbleweed said, do you think Jews worship a different god than Christians?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

...or, to be more precise, no one worships the same god as each other. We all add our own flavors into the mix.

Simple test of this: ask two different Christians/Muslims/Jews/theists in general to describe in detail the god they worship.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Unfortunately, it seems that some who believe they worship and understand the one true God, believe that the one true God does not acknowledge the worship of those who see God different than he is. Does it give comfort to the believer to believe that God only recognizes him and his group of believers as worshipers of the true God?

I believe that my church and my scriptures teach the true nature of the one true God, but it's a sad day if I'm led to believe that I'm in a special class of people whom God recognizes and that God rejects all others for worshiping a false god.

Last edited:

ID_Neon

So like Tumbleweed said, do you think Jews worship a different god than Christians?

I think they do...the evidence is there, they worship a God requiring a sacrifice that is infallible and requires an intercessor.

The Bible specifically mentions their condition, that their eyes are shut to the Messiah until the end times.

A-ManESL

There is a verse in the Quran:
And do not argue with the people of the Scripture except in the best manner; except for those who are wicked amongst them; and Say: "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is the same; to Him we surrender."-29:46

Shermana

Heretic
I think they do...the evidence is there, they worship a God requiring a sacrifice that is infallible and requires an intercessor.

The Bible specifically mentions their condition, that their eyes are shut to the Messiah until the end times.

Please define what this intercessor is for Judaism, it sounds like you don't quite understand how the Sacrifice System works. Even the idea that Isaiah 53:10 stating that the Moshiach will be a Guilt Offering in itself is not quite the same as an "intercessor".

And please provide scripture for your claim in the red here. The entire Christian community until Cornelius was entirely a Jewish sect who paid the Temple tax.

Last edited:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
It's not negative energy, fallingblood has made a flat out lie in his statement about the Christian God.

While I've paraphrased a Muslim I invited clarification of the specific point of intercession and rewriting the law.

Christian basic theology is God can't do this!

I haven't lied about anything. I just don't agree with what you are saying. Simply, I think you are wrong.

If you read the OT, you will see that a number of individuals spoke directly with God, that no intercession was needed. God does send prophets from time to time, but he also speaks directly to various humans. Again, no need for an intercessor.

I also think you misunderstood what is meant by the messiah. It is a figure who will free the Jewish people. Not really an intercessor.

Even Islam though recognizes prophets, which could be deemed intercessors. So really, I don't think you have a case.

Justin Thyme

Child of God
...or, to be more precise, no one worships the same god as each other. We all add our own flavors into the mix.

Simple test of this: ask two different Christians/Muslims/Jews/theists in general to describe in detail the god they worship.

Ask three different people to describe in detail a common friend and you are going to get three different descriptions. They may be similar but there will be differences. Does that mean that common friend is actually three different people?