• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
TruthSpeaker : Sister ssainhu, islam teach to live under will of allah, not per our wish. If he makes rule dont judge right or wrong, just obey it, that is only submission. Slave of allah not will question right and wrong.

ssainhu : i interpret this whole ayah differently than you and Godobeyer. Simple enough.

TruthSpeaker : Ssainu siter disagreed me about submission, i also like to know what muslims understand about submission?

ssainhu : I have explained that my submission will go to Allah alone.
but what is submission, you disagreed my idea of submission
sister ssainhu, what ******* answer is this ?

stop making me fool again, if no interest debate with me take back all words used against me. I start hate this place because your character.

I'm afraid you're doing a good job of defaming your character yourself.

I have not insulted you, nor have I cursed at you. Throughout this thread and others like it, I have used restraint and respect. The same can't be said for others.

I can disagree with you all I want. ;)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
any muslim tell me what is submission ????

I'm Muslim, here's a definition:

"In a religious context it means "voluntary submission to God".
Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Submission" (3:19, 85). "Submission" is the religion whereby we recognize God's absolute authority, and reach an unshakeable conviction that God ALONE possesses all power; no other entity possesses any power that is independent of Him. The natural result of such a realization is to devote our lives and our worship absolutely to God ALONE. This is the First Commandment in all the scriptures, including the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Final Testament.

Submission to God (Islam)

‘Ibaadah (worship) in Arabic means submission and humbling oneself. The Arabs use the phrase tareeq mu’abbad to describe a smooth path which has been become smooth because so many feet have walked on it.

In Islamic terminology the word ‘ibaadah is used in two senses:

1 – The actions of a person, such as praying or paying zakaah, which are described as ‘ibaadah. The scholars defined it as follows:

It means obeying Allaah by doing that which He has commanded and avoiding that which He has forbidden, whilst loving Allaah, fearing Him and putting one’s hopes in Him.

2 – It also refers to the action itself in abstract terms, such as prayer, zakaah, etc. The scholars defined it as follows:

This is a comprehensive word which includes all word and deeds that Allaah loves and is pleased with, both outward and inward.

These enjoined actions are called ‘ibaadaat (acts of worship) because people do them in humility and with love for their Lord. In worshipping Allaah there has to be complete love as well as complete submission to Him...

Islam Question and Answer - The real meaning of

Something tells me that's not what you were asking though...

Submission is for Allah alone.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am doubt about that too
, she against Allah in everything against her desires

What? Are you serious? If you're really Muslim, you'd realize that YOU are committing a HUGE sin, brother...actually both of you are.

1732. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a person calls his brother (in Islam) a disbeliever, one of them will certainly deserve the title. If the addressee is so as he has asserted, the disbelief of the man is confirmed, but if it is untrue, then it will revert to him.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: We learn from this Hadith that to call a Muslim a Kafir is strictly prohibited because if the one who has been called as such does not have the traits which makes him a Kafir, then the one who says it will be held Kafir.

1733. Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "If somebody accuses another of disbelief or calls him the enemy of Allah, such an accusation will revert to him (the accuser) if the accused is innocent.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/17/chap326.htm

I am doubt about that too
, she against Allah in everything against her desires
proof

If I find a teaching that is in conflict with what I feel is against the overall message the religion is conveying, then I research it. If I don't like what I find out, I research some more. If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
ah you source is Wikipedia not Quran ,or the Tafsir and Hadiths ?
your Holy Book is Wiki :facepalm:

ssainhu often quotes from the Quran.

After observing your conversation with her in this thread, I wonder is this how you're supposed to treat Muslimahs?

It means obeying Allaah by doing that which He has commanded and avoiding that which He has forbidden, whilst loving Allaah, fearing Him and putting one’s hopes in Him.

you really submit to allah, ssainhu? or you lied?
If I find a teaching that is in conflict with what I feel is against the overall message the religion is conveying, then I research it. If I don't like what I find out, I research some more. If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ssainhu often quotes from the Quran.

After observing your conversation with her in this thread, I wonder is this how you're supposed to treat Muslimahs?

Thanks, Kerr. :) This is NOT the way to treat ANY Muslim, let alone a Muslimah. :eek:

And who will turn away from the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham), except he who befools himself. Verily, We chose and purified him in this world, and in the hereafter he will be among the righteous. When his Lord said to him: “Submit”; he replied: “I submit to the Lord of the Worlds.” And Ibrahim left this very legacy to his sons. And so did Yaquob (Jacob), saying: “O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen this religion for you; so let not death overtake you except in the state of complete submission (to Allah’s will).” [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 2:130-132]

Were you present when death approached Yaquob (Jacob), when he said to his sons: “What will you worship after me?” They replied: “We will worship your God, the God of your forefathers - Ibrahim (Abraham) and Ismael (Ishmael) and Is’haque (Isaac) - the One (and Only) God, and to Him do we submit ourselves.” Those were a people who have passed away, they shall have a reward for what they did, and you will have for what you do, and you will not be questioned about their actions. [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 2:133-134]

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (Muhammad, peace be upon him) as a judge in all disputes between them, and find no resistance against your decisions, and accept (the decisions) with full submission." [Holy Quran 4:65]

The last one convinces me even further that Allah and Allah ALONE is our final judge in our disputes...not TruthSpeaker, and not Godobeyer.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Code:
thanks brother
that's just one , of many I have , she is one of two , not understanding Quran , or it's intenetionnal , but i guess the second is the closer in this case , she announced that she against the meaning and creat other meaning (for her self or from non credible sites ) many times

Kerr

If you read that 1+1=42 in the Quran would you start believing that, or would you realize that there must be another meaning to it then that 1+1 is actually 42? I believe she is trying to say something along those lines. That she has reason and common sense and she uses them to find out what the Quran means rather then taking everything literally.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

First, take a deep breath and stop accusing me of lying. It will get you nowhere.

I said I submit to Allah, and if something troubles me I seek to find its wisdom. I have been told by MORE THAN ONE SCHOLAR that wife-beating is NOT allowed in Islam, and that "adriboo" means something else. I choose to accept that meaning instead of wife-beating.

It's none of your business what I choose to accept in my life. I'm not trying to change your mind; that's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.