• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Godobeyer,

Nice to know that you have qualified scholars as friends. May Allah bless their hearts and tongues.

"With my friends (males and females)"... how can you have female friends? Isn't that forbidden in Islam, with strong evidence too? Isn't that "cuckold"?

Last edited by a moderator:
TruthSpeaker : Sister ssainhu, islam teach to live under will of allah, not per our wish. If he makes rule dont judge right or wrong, just obey it, that is only submission. Slave of allah not will question right and wrong.

ssainhu : I interpret this whole ayah differently than you and Godobeyer. Simple enough.

It means obeying Allaah by doing that which He has commanded and avoiding that which He has forbidden, whilst loving Allaah, fearing Him and putting one’s hopes in Him.

where is the difference ????

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Godobeyer,

Oh, ok. So since you discussed with your FRIENDS, I'm no longer a Muslim. I'm so glad to hear a bunch of people across the planet can tell whether I'm a Muslim or not. Great friends you have there.

oooookkkkkk...this is despicable.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Godobeyer,

:shrug: It sounds like you need to talk to Muslims of many cities to discover that disagreements don't warrant accusing someone of being an unbeliever.

All I see from my view is you calling someone an unbeliever because she disagrees with your interpretation of one topic in the Quran. That insult is low.

If you read that 1+1=42 in the Quran would you start believing that, or would you realize that there must be another meaning to it then that 1+1 is actually 42? I believe she is trying to say something along those lines. That she has reason and common sense and she uses them to find out what the Quran means rather then taking everything literally.

I asked is she ready to change opinion if give enough proof, she said no

she already decided answer, answer is against to quran
else how she critisize godobeyer and me for our interpretation if unsure?

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Allow me to add: If I was worried in the very least that this statement by your "friends" was true, I'd be far more upset than I am. I'm at peace, Godobeyer, because I know who I am, my family and friends know who I am, and MOST importantly, Allah knows who I am. I sleep very peacefully at night. :)

else why she use critisize for godobeyer and my interpretation?

I'm not sure I understand the first sentence, sorry. :eek:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Nice to know that you have qualified scholars as friends. May Allah bless their hearts and tongues.

"With my friends (males and females)"... how can you have female friends? Isn't that forbidden in Islam, with strong evidence too? Isn't that "cuckold"?

Nah, he's fine, he's a man. His female friends are all cheating insubordinate women whose husbands will surely beat them, but he's okie dokie.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
TruthSpeaker, do you speak Arabic? I might be able to ease up the language barrier issue if you do, because at this rate nothing's getting solved. :)
Hi Debater
as you said that you are with the meaning of verse Quran ,"obey" the husband with the correct conditions , as you told me before , plz clarify you position to them because they don't believe me .
و تحدت مع بردان الذي سب تفسير القران و قال عنه وسخ
هذي مساولتك يوم القيامة ان توضح موقفك وان توضح معنى كلام الله ورسوله و لا تقف موقف المتفرج لهذه المهزلة التي تحصل

Kerr

Our of curiousity, can you consider the possibility that you are wrong? Can you change your opinion if she proves you wrong?

Because she has a different interpretation maybe :sarcastic. This attitude of yours is quite disturbing, to be honest. That you are right and everyone else is wrong, not because their reasoning is wrong, but because they disagree with you and your perspective. Its arrogant. Very arrogant.

Last edited:

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight

Er, because she believes her answer is with the Quran. If she thought her views were not in alignment with it, I do believe she would not call herself a Muslim. Correct me if I'm wrong, ssainhu.

People can disagree over meanings and still be of the same religion.

On another note, do you attend the same university as Godobeyer? I'm guessing you both are perhaps around 19 years old? and haven't yet encountered people with various views.

Er, because she believes her answer is with the Quran. If she thought her views were not in alignment with it, I do believe she would not call herself a Muslim. Correct me if I'm wrong, ssainhu.
no
why she say she not ready to change her mind even if get enough proof? it is because she already set her own morality.

tell this to your friend first, go and read how she replied my post. She say she is not sure about it, but critisize hard our ideas, what is this?

I'm guessing you both are perhaps around 19 years old? and haven't yet encountered people with various views.
i guess you are 91 and encountred many people also had enough views, spend much time sleeping and let people live.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

On another note, do you attend the same university as Godobeyer? I'm guessing you both are perhaps around 19 years old? and haven't yet encountered people with various views.

You are correct.

Islam is a religion of flexibility. There are four scholars which most Muslims follow as guidelines, and even THEY have various opinions about things...including the covering of a woman, what breaks ablution, etc. It's because the Qur'an and Hadith are left open for "SOME" interpretation. Ask 3 REAL scholars (not Godobeyer's friends) for an opinion and you'll get 4.

In all honesty, the BEST of the scholars will not give you a straight up answer; most will simply give you the religious perspective on something and leave it up to you. Only the most arrogant will tell you that you're WRONG, or even worse, that you're NOT A MUSLIM. They understand that doing so is a major sin in Islam...for everyone is in a state of imperfection.

In other words, various interpretations are definitely there, and disagreement is ok, so long as you respect each other.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no
why she say she not ready to change her mind even if get enough proof? it is because she already set her own morality.

If you say so...you must know everything. :rolleyes:

tell this to your friend first, go and read how she replied my post. She say she is not sure about it, but critisize hard our ideas, what is this?

What? I never said I wasn't sure about it. I said I sought the opinion of a FEW scholars, and they gave me the answer I'm supporting here.

i guess you are 91, spend much time sleeping.

Oh that's mature.

Draka

Wonder Woman

else how she critisize godobeyer and me for our interpretation if unsure?

Excuse me, but you just said your "interpretation". You admit you have interpreted the Quran to mean certain things to you. Why should you have that ability and no one else should? Why should you declare that someone who doesn't interpret the same way as you is going against the Quran? Especially when it is just as likely, maybe even more so, that your interpretation could be off and you could be "going against" instead?

Are you ready to change your opinion? Are you willing to admit you could be wrong? That you could have been wrong all along? If not, why expect anyone else to admit such? Especially based upon your say-so.

Status
Not open for further replies.