• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
if it dont bring good to husband and wife, then why quran say to beat wife? firstly, do you agree with wife beating?

No I don't agree with "wife beating", and neither does any Muslim man I know. Have you read any of this thread?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a question for Godobeyer and TruthSpeajer:

Why does it bother you do much that I don't accept that the Qur'an calls for beating one's wife? Is it so important to you because I'm a woman and you want my obedience and submission?

I'm accountable to God just like you; I'm not sure why you are belaboring this one small verse of the Qur'an like it's the be all and end all of Islam.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Islam doesn't teach against my moralities, so your question is irrelavent.
you not read my question properly sister, i asked 'if'

if you find islam teaching is against your morality, what you will do?
choice 1) leave your morality and try to live with anything islam teach
2) stop islam?

and you have not told what is submission for you

I have a question for Godobeyer and TruthSpeajer:

Why does it bother you do much that I don't accept that the Qur'an calls for beating one's wife? Is it so important to you because I'm a woman and you want my obedience and submission?
when i asked you to submit sister? i only posted zakir video, you questioned zakir video i answered you. Why everytime accuse me sister?
the mistake i do is i follow islam same as majority muslim follow?

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
you not read my question properly sister, i asked 'if'

and you have not told what is submission for you

I don't answer irrelevant "if" questions in general, but since you insist:

If I find a teaching that is in conflict with what I feel is against the overall message the religion is conveying, then I research it. If I don't like what I find out, I research some more. If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me. In this instance, I know my husband would never raise his hand to me...the interpretation presented by you bothers me for those trying to understand and learn about Islam. It's bothersome because the very people we are trying to convince of islam's fair treatment of women are the very people you like to bash...all the insults to the "west", along with your insistence that wife beating is allowed just convinces them that Islam is not compatible in the west. That's a shame, and is far more important than worrying whether I believe in wife beating.

Who cares what my idea of submission is? My definition is not important. Let's just say that I submit to Allah alone. That, my brother, is the essence and beauty of Islam that you seem to be overlooking with all this drivel about wife beating, obedience, and submission.

I don't answer irrelevant "if" questions in general, but since you insist:

If I find a teaching that is in conflict with what I feel is against the overall message the religion is conveying, then I research it. If I don't like what I find out, I research some more. If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.
if you are not ready to change your mind even after if proved then why ask proof for sister? why should i prove sister? you come to talk not with open mind and criticize everything you dont like without no idea if it is true or not.

dont you believe quran and islam complete and perfetct, sister? what islam say about take the portion we like from islam and leave the portion we dont like of islam. Islam is from allah, you are rejecting allah then, am i wrong sister? is it how a muslim should be?

will you make peace with wife beating if proved?

Who cares what my idea of submission is? My definition is not important. Let's just say that I submit to Allah alone.
you critized godobeyer and me, so your idea of submission to allah is very very important. You criticize lot but explain less.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
if you are not ready to change your mind even after if proved then why ask proof for sister? why should i prove sister? you come to talk not with open mind and criticize everything you dont like without no idea if it is true or not.

The proof is on you since you are the ones insisting that wife beating is encouraged in Islam.

dont you believe quran and islam complete and perfetct, sister? what islam say about take the portion we like from islam and leave the portion we dont like of islam. Islam is from allah, you are rejecting allah then, am i wrong sister? is it how a muslim should be?

you critized godobeyer and me, so your idea of submission to allah is very very important.

We're going in circles; I've made myself abundantly clear many times over and it's getting tiresome. Read the 100+ pages before you jump in and act like you know all I've said.

Last edited:
The proof is on you since you are the ones insisting that wife beating is encouraged in Islam.
yes sister, if proved will you accept wife beating? if cannot accept explain why i should prove? also why ask for proof?

We're going in circles; I've made myself abundantly clear many times over and it's getting tiresome. Read the 100+ pages before you jump in and act like you know all I've said.
see what you told in last post sister

Who cares what my idea of submission is? My definition is not important. Let's just say that I submit to Allah alone.
ok, if you already told about submission in this thread what is post number?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
yes sister, if proved will you accept wife beating? if cannot accept explain why i should prove?

NO, because I believe and have been told by scholars that the word does not mean BEAT and I choose to believe that.

see what you told in last post sister

ok, if you already told about submission in this thread what is post number?

:facepalm: Find it. Seriously, if you want to have a valid discussion, do your homework and read the entire thread. If I had to sit through 100+ pages of this drivel, then so do you. I'm not going to do it for you.

I'm going to bed, just letting you know so you don't make the mistake of thinking I'm avoiding your question..

Last edited:
you did not answered this part sister

If I find a teaching that is in conflict with what I feel is against the overall message the religion is conveying, then I research it. If I don't like what I find out, I research some more. If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Brother, I have answered it when Godobeyer asked it repeatedly.

Find it yourself. I'm not going to repeat myself again so that you don't have to take the time and look. :rolleyes:

NO, because I believe and have been told by scholars that the word does not mean BEAT and I choose to believe that.
you are not open minded, not ready to accept anything at any cost. You go on think that i cant prove, again i say what if i prove your scholars are wrong?

N
:facepalm: Find it. Seriously, if you want to have a valid discussion, do your homework and read the entire thread. If I had to sit through 100+ pages of this drivel, then so do you. I'm not going to do it for you.

I'm going to bed, just letting you know so you don't make the mistake of thinking I'm avoiding your question..

ok . no problem. i only requested sister. i will spend long time to find your post about submission.

but you are changing your words each time sister
Who cares what my idea of submission is? My definition is not important. Let's just say that I submit to Allah alone. That, my brother, is the essence and beauty of Islam that you seem to be overlooking with all this drivel about wife beating, obedience, and submission.
:facepalm: :facepalm: just too much critisize hiding your faults.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
you are not open minded, not ready to accept anything at any cost. You go on think that i cant prove, again i say what if i prove your scholars are wrong?

Why do you assume my scholars are wrong?

ok . no problem. i only requested sister. i will spend long time to find your post about submission.

Have fun. I hope you have some coffee handy...

but you are changing your words each time sister

Umm no I haven't, I've been consistent throughout.

:facepalm: :facepalm: just too much insult.

Insulting who?

Why do you assume my scholars are wrong?

i dont assume, but ready to find out are they wrong? and accept they are wrong if proved they are wrong??

Umm no I haven't, I've been consistent throughout.
TruthSpeaker: and you have not told what is submission for you

ssainhu : Who cares what my idea of submission is? My definition is not important. Let's just say that I submit to Allah alone. That, my brother, is the essence and beauty of Islam that you seem to be overlooking with all this drivel about wife beating, obedience, and submission

TruthSpeaker: you critized godobeyer and me, so your idea of submission to allah is very very important. You criticize lot but explain less.

ssainhu : We're going in circles; I've made myself abundantly clear many times over and it's getting tiresome. Read the 100+ pages before you jump in and act like you know all I've said

Last edited:

Kerr

i dont know what you think, husband can punish wife if she disobedient, if she think she is correct but received beating she can go complain to parents or scholars.
My point was simply that being disobedient is not a mistake per say. You can have every right to be disobedient, depending on the context. Take sex, for example. She has every right to disobey her husband if she doesnt feel like doing it. He does not have any right to punish her for that.

And sure, she can "complain" to her parents or scholars. So can the husband if she slaps him. Thing is... no one should have been slapped in the first place.

Policeman can beat citizen, if citizen think injustice happen he can go to court. Same can follow wife if husband do injustice
Apples and oranges. Policemen exist to uphold the law and protect citizens from crimes. The "beating" they give is not for simply being disobedient.

Wannabe Yogi

Although I personally don't agree with spanking (never have and never will) there is a difference between swatting a little one's bottom who can't speak yet for trying to run out in the street and a "disobedient" adult who. An be reasoned with.

Maybe there is a difference. Still, I think that in the past many cultures saw women as the property of men. Today kids are seen somewhat as the property of adults who can hit them if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.