• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
So Allah is nothing more than misogynistic tyrant, and he wants husbands be like him? Sweet.

Not "emotionally harmed"? Yeah, right.

If this marriage life is like in Muslim home, then I certainly don't want to convert to Islam.

Well, I honestly wouldn't have any issue with my daughter being interested in someone like Badran when she's old enough to date. :)

But yeah, if any man were to try to raise a hand to her, she'd probably break it off.

That's my girl. :yes:

gnostic

The Lost One
ssainhu said:
The husband. Duh, but you're missing the BIG difference. I don't interpret the verse the same way you do, and I CERTAINLY don't interpret "obey" like you do. Nor does my husband of over 15 years. I have never, and never do, ASK permission to leave the home. I inform him out of respect, and here's the kicker, he informs me as well.

As a matter of fact, last week my husband wanted to go work out at the gym, but I also wanted to go to my martial arts class. HE said that I should go and HE would stay home because "I've been managing the kids all day and could use the break". He stayed home, fed the children their dinner, put them to bed, no complaining, NOTHING. In turn, the next time the issue came up, I insisted HE go and I went another time. It's called COMPROMISE, not OBEY.

THE END.

I don't think the word Compromise is in his vocabulary, ssainhu.

He has keep trumpeting that a woman must "obey, Obey, OBEY!" her husband ever since he has joined this thread.

I feel sorry for his wife-to-be.

Can you really say its a mistake without a context?

i dont know what you think, husband can punish wife if she disobedient, if she think she is correct but received beating she can go complain to parents or scholars.

And if she is miserable? Would that imply that she is not a good woman or that the husband did wrong?
Policeman can beat citizen, if citizen think injustice happen he can go to court. Same can follow wife if husband do injustice

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
truthspeaker said:
i dont know what you think, husband can punish wife if she disobedient, if she think she is correct but received beating she can go complain to parents or scholars.

All you have proven is how weak-minded and misogynistic Muslim men are. Why don't the husband seek out scholar's advice?

If a husband can't admit he is wrong, then what bl@@dy use is this Qur'an is?

Do you seriously believe that man cannot make mistake or be wrong?

You have such appalling double standard.

If it weren't for badran or ssainhu or debater slayer and I have to listen yours and Godobeyer's view alone, then I would assume all Muslims are backward as you two.

gnostic said:
All you have proven is how weak-minded and misogynistic Muslim men are. Why don't the husband seek out scholar's advice?
why should police ask court permission to beat citizen?

gnostic said:
like police admit he is wrong when citizen take problem to court. husband admit he is wrong when wife take problem to scholar and scholar question him.

gnostic said:
why cant understand police example, oh gnostic? police sometime make mistake but why stop his right to beat people? is every police make mistake? people have right to take problem to court for injustice.

Last edited:

Blackdog22

why should police ask court permission to beat citizen?
So the police where you are just roam around beating random people or do they beat criminals? If your police seriously just randomly beat people and that is considered fine then I feel sorry for you and would ask that you consider yourself a little more precious than to be beaten at will by any police man. Where do you live?

like police admit he is wrong when citizen take problem to court. husband admit he is wrong when wife take problem to scholar and scholar question him.
I can't imagine a policeman who randomly beats people is going to admit he is wrong. In the same way, name one situation where the man would admit he is wrong? This is obviously a society where the man is always right and woman is a dog who gets smacked around. So just name one situation where the woman would be right and the husband wrong.

why cant understand police example, oh gnostic? police sometime make mistake but why stop his right to beat people? is every police make mistake? people have right to take problem to court for injustice.
Because police go after criminals where we come from and if you consider your wife to be a criminal you need help.

Why do you think anyone should have the "right" to beat anyone? Where do you live man? I can't believe you have access to a computer and are capable of believing in this way. Are you saying that it is okay for a husband to make a mistake and beat the crap out of his wife and then she can go to court? What if he considers her going to court to be "insubordinate"?????? What if he thinks he is right and won't admit he is wrong? Do you seriously not see the flaw in this barbaric way of thinking?

Blackdog22

You have such appalling double standard.

If it weren't for badran or ssainhu or debater slayer and I have to listen yours and Godobeyer's view alone, then I would assume all Muslims are backward as you two.

Yeah Badran, Ssainhu and Debater Slayer have made me feel a bit better, but after doing some reading it seems like the kind of thing Godobeyer and Truthseeker are talking about aren't isolated cases that only a small minority believe. From the articles I have read by Time, US weekly, etc this is a pretty common thing in the Muslim culture in comparison to other religions. I can't think of too many other religions who consider "honor killings" of the wife a good thing and then proceed to back it up with scripture.

That isn't too say all cultures of Islam are bad, but my understanding of it on a whole hasn't been too positive. Is there any reason why I should doubt Time and Us weekly?

Last edited:
This is so absurd and deeply disturbing that I'm not even going to address it.

I interpret this whole ayah differently than you and Godobeyer. Simple enough.

Yes, I've read it and again, I disagree with this interpretation.

That just **might** be THE most disturbing and disgusting thing I've ever read on RF.

No, I take that back. It IS the most disturbing and disgusting thing I've ever read on RF.

no prob sister, i only truthfully obey Quran, you keep bashed me without explain on how i wrong, you are not open. This is cruel i will say.

Last edited:
Badran also speaks Arabic and I choose his interpretation.
all people of ksa speak Arabic, you say all they are wrong?
islam lifesyle in ksa is due to they pass lifestyle to young generation, not by interpreting verses only, and you say wife beating added to it in the middle? you see, nowhere in earth islam praciced good as ksa, it is only because islam is born in ksa.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
islam lifesyle in ksa is due to they pass lifestyle to young generation, not by interpreting verses only, and you say wife beating added to it in the middle? you see, nowhere in earth islam praciced good as ksa.
Not all the people of the KSA twist their religion into support of spousal abuse.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no prob sister, i only truthfully obey Quran, you keep bashed me without explain on how i wrong, you are not open. This is cruel i will say.

Where does it say in the Qur'an OR Hadith that a good woman will learn from beating and be emotionally happy? Please, do show me where it says that.

islam lifesyle in ksa is due to they pass lifestyle to young generation, not by interpreting verses only, and you say wife beating added to it in the middle? you see, nowhere in earth islam praciced good as ksa, it is only because islam is born in ksa.

The very foundation of KSA is against Islamic jurisprudence. Kingdoms ARE NOT allowed under Shari'ah law.

Draka

Wonder Woman
beating is not for hobby like dancing, beating allowed when mistake is done.

If something is a mistake, then shouldn't the response be to forgive? Something which is a mistake is forgivable.

Beating should not be allowed for any reason. Whatever happened to that old saying "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Where does it say in the Qur'an OR Hadith that a good woman will learn from beating and be emotionally happy? Please, do show me where it says that.
if it dont bring good to husband and wife, then why quran say to beat wife? firstly, do you agree with wife beating?

Status
Not open for further replies.