• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerr

it's seems that my simple question would not be answsered :run:
no one believe you now :D . because i dare you "challenge " ,and you avoid it :D
Yeah, not answering a post in 28 minutes means that she is avoiding the question... its not like she has other things to do in life then to sit here and slam her head against the brick wall named Godobeyer :p.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yeah, not answering a post in 28 minutes means that she is avoiding the question... its not like she has other things to do in life then to sit here and slam her head against the brick wall names Godobeyer :p.
I dare her, I guess she give up again , as you see she avoid it :)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no you don't answer me to this question , "YOU" in that verse refer to who ? Husband or God ?

The husband. Duh, but you're missing the BIG difference. I don't interpret the verse the same way you do, and I CERTAINLY don't interpret "obey" like you do. Nor does my husband of over 15 years. I have never, and never do, ASK permission to leave the home. I inform him out of respect, and here's the kicker, he informs me as well.

As a matter of fact, last week my husband wanted to go work out at the gym, but I also wanted to go to my martial arts class. HE said that I should go and HE would stay home because "I've been managing the kids all day and could use the break". He stayed home, fed the children their dinner, put them to bed, no complaining, NOTHING. In turn, the next time the issue came up, I insisted HE go and I went another time. It's called COMPROMISE, not OBEY.

THE END.

it's seems that my simple question would not be answsered :run:
no one believe you now :D . because i dare you "challenge " ,and you avoid it :D

Whoa, I'm so sorry I didn't answer in a "timely" fashion. :rolleyes:

Yeah, not answering a post in 28 minutes means that she is avoiding the question... its not like she has other things to do in life then to sit here and slam her head against the brick wall names Godobeyer :p.

LOL yes, like take care of my six children. :p

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The husband. Duh, but you're missing the BIG difference. I don't interpret the verse the same way you do, and I CERTAINLY don't interpret "obey" like you do. Nor does my husband of over 15 years. I have never, and never do, ASK permission to leave the home. I inform him out of respect, and here's the kicker, he informs me as well.

As a matter of fact, last week my husband wanted to go work out at the gym, but I also wanted to go to my martial arts class. HE said that I should go and HE would stay home because "I've been managing the kids all day and could use the break". He stayed home, fed the children their dinner, put them to bed, no complaining, NOTHING. In turn, the next time the issue came up, I insisted HE go and I went another time. It's called COMPROMISE, not OBEY.

THE END.

It is really hard to not keep fruballing you.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I insisted HE go and I went another time. It's called COMPROMISE, not OBEY.
THE END.

lol God say "Obey " and you say no it's not Obey it's " Compromise "
this " Compromise " word did not existed in that verse , it's not the meaning ,
I told you the Quran is arabic and it's translation is the just the meaning .the explaination , CAN YOU HEAR ME ?
omg , now my next question ,I believe you or believe the Quran verse ?
you are editing/changing the Quran meaning تحريف معنى الايه القرانية this is great sin , believe me sister i am serieus .

what is your reference for this claim ? obey mean Compromise ?
maybe next time you say that Obey mean Chololate ?
plz take a moment to ask the people whom knowing arabic (other Neutral people )

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
lol God say "Obey " and you say no it's not Obey it's " Compromise "
this " Compromise " word did not existed in that verse , it's not the meaning ,
I told you the Quran is arabic and it's translation is the just the meaning .the explaination , CAN YOU HEAR ME ?
omg , now my next question ,I believe you or believe the Quran verse ?
you are editing/changing the Quran meaning تحريف معنى الايه القرانية this is great sin , believe me sister i am serieus .

what is your reference for this claim ? obey mean Compromise ?
maybe next time you say that Obey mean Chololate ?
plz take a moment to ask the people whom knowing arabic (other Neutral people )

Badran also speaks Arabic and I choose his interpretation.

My hearing is quite keen. Thank for your concern though, it's heartwarming. :)

Wannabe Yogi

I have seen the argument here, by a Muslim, that it is acceptable for a husband to slap or "softly" hit his wife if she is "wrong". That it makes her feel more "feminine" and that it proves she is with a "man". That this is acceptable within Islam.

Most Americans still believe thats it is ok to spank your kids to keep them in line.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Most Americans still believe thats it is ok to spank your kids to keep them in line.

Although I personally don't agree with spanking (never have and never will) there is a difference between swatting a little one's bottom who can't speak yet for trying to run out in the street and a "disobedient" adult who. An be reasoned with.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Badran also speaks Arabic and I choose his interpretation.

My hearing is quite keen. Thank for your concern though, it's heartwarming. :)
just Badran is the Muslim here ?, if he want to go hell , you would go with him ? can you plz ask other Muslims ? ask muslim forums ask Imams ?

Kerr

Although I personally don't agree with spanking (never have and never will) there is a difference between swatting a little one's bottom who can't speak yet for trying to run out in the street and a "disobedient" adult who. An be reasoned with.
It should also be noted that some of us have never been spanked, even if we where wild and did things like biting our teachers and tearing apart math books... thinking about myself. My parents had other ways, better ways. Just as there are better ways for people to handle issues in their marriage then with violence.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
just Badran is the Muslim here ?, if he want to go hell , you would go with him ? can you plz ask other Muslims ? ask muslim forums ask Imams ?

How do you know I haven't?

1. I have, and have received different responses, which means Badran and I are correct: there are more interpretations than those you provided.

2. I am of reasonable intelligence and can tell if something goes against the spirit of what Allah is trying to say.

3. TruthSpeaker appears to be the only Muslim who agrees with you.

4. The true evil here is that Muslims are arguing with each other over your twisted version of what marriage is about. I'm so glad I married who I did. He's a great man who is confident in his faith, himself, and me to treat me with dignity and respect. For that, he gets the same from me.

You don't like that? Tough.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It should also be noted that some of us have never been spanked, even if we where wild and did things like biting our teachers and tearing apart math books... thinking about myself. My parents had other ways, better ways. Just as there are better ways for people to handle issues in their marriage then with violence.

Precisely. I can't imagine raising my hand to my children.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Oh, and this whole post is sick. How dare you try and say who will go to hell and who won't? I didn't say Badran is the only other Muslim here, but he IS an Arabic speaking Muslim, as is Debater Slayer, and neither of them agree with you.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You mean like Badran and DS, both of whom say you couldn't be more wrong?
DS , is already confirme that he is with what God tell about submission
Badran shock me by this claim and his fast nervse reaction . he told me that he would anwser my question when He calm down . but i guess he did not calm down .
I was too over reaction , and say sorry to him , but i guess he did not notice that .

بدران يا اخي انا اسف كنت انفعلت ويكفينا انفعال يضر صمعة المسلمين و الاسلام
لكن ان نصل إلى سب تفسير العلاماء و تحريف معنى القرأن و الاحاديث هذا لا يجوز
انت مصري و عربي و مسلم وانا كذالك

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Badran shock me by this claim and his fast nervse reaction . he told me that he would anwser my question when He calm down . but i guess he did not calm down .
I was too over reaction , and say sorry to him , but i guess he did not notice that .

Please don't address me in Arabic, I don't speak it.

DS did NOT confirm your attempts to justify spousal abuse with the Qur'an, so don't say he did.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

DS said that the word obey is there but that he doesn't agree with your interpretation of it. I guess he can confirm AGAIN when he's back online. :roll eyes:

Gotta love how many times you are speaking for others, and when they come back online they request that you NOT do that. :eek: Nice.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
How do you know I haven't?

1. I have, and have received different responses, which means Badran and I are correct: there are more interpretations than those you provided.

2. I am of reasonable intelligence and can tell if something goes against the spirit of what Allah is trying to say.

3. TruthSpeaker appears to be the only Muslim who agrees with you.

4. The true evil here is that Muslims are arguing with each other over your twisted version of what marriage is about. I'm so glad I married who I did. He's a great man who is confident in his faith, himself, and me to treat me with dignity and respect. For that, he gets the same from me.

You don't like that? Tough.
do you ask your trust Imam in masjid about this ? or check muslim forums ?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
do you ask your trust Imam in masjid about this ? or check muslim forums ?

I do NOT trust online forums, I want to see the scholar in person...and I have.
Most of the Muslim forums are filled with misinformed people claiming to be able to translate Qur'an, Hadith, and make fatawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.