• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i warn my brothers and sisters stop speaking of quran if you are unsure.

"He who says (something) concerning the Qur'ân without knowledge, he has taken his seat of fire"'.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
Dr Zakir Naik is a bl@@dy idiot.

He give an extreme example. How does this relate the Qur'an 4:34? There is no comparison.

If we on top of tall building, I think my fingers would itch to push him off. What an utter idiot!

not nom

the question remains: why can't the woman "lightly beat" her husband if he goes astray? I don't even know how often I asked this to be ignored, but oh well :p

the second video mentions the police preventing "riots and evil". well no. actually, cops protect property and rackets for the most part, and when people riot to end evil, they get pepper spray. so while I still get the point -- that force can be necessary to prevent bad things or even to bring someone to their senses -- this whole "authority" bull is just that, bull. authority is gained and kept by what people do, not by what they "are", be it "husband" or "policeman" or anything really.

Dr Zakir Naik is a bl@@dy idiot.

He give an extreme example. How does this relate the Qur'an 4:34? There is no comparison.

If we on top of tall building, I think my fingers would itch to push him off. What an utter idiot!

watch youtube. thousands and millions muslim follow zakir teaching. u studied quran well?
zakir naik is a doctor, how will doctor become idiot?

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
TruthSpeaker said:
watch youtube. thousands and millions muslim follow zakir teaching. u study quran well?

I have seen dozens of his videos over the years, since I've been here at RF. And each time, I think he is an idiot. This video doesn't change my mind about him.

It is his teachings that give me a very negative image of Islam. If I was to follow a religion, it would be his teaching that would put me off about Islam.

Surely, there has to be a better teacher and role model than this loser.

Look, I've changed my mind about pushing off the roof. :no: It would be much more satisfying if I was to kick him off the roof. :woohoo:

gnostic

The Lost One
And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper.

This quote by godobeyer demonstrates the inaccuracy of the Qur'an about other religion and other people.

In some ways, Islam is like Christianity in that they accept non-Muslims and non-Arabs into Islam. It is like a club, open to all people. The primary goal of both religions is conversion.

Judaism is a different kettle of fish.

This is the way I see it (about Judaism).

If you are in some descendants of Jacob, and accept the Torah, prophets' teachings/writings, and the covenants of Abraham, Jacob, Moses and David, then you're Jewish. Hence bloodline is important.

So if you don't have bloodline that go back to Jacob, then why would Jews want outsiders to accept their creeds, Judaic religion or customs?

Judaism is not religion out to convert everyone. So it is inaccurate for the Quran to say that Jews wouldn't like Muslims for not following their creeds.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why on earth does Dr. Naik compare a child jumping from a window to a husband/wife relationship? Women are not children. If the husband is the leader, it doesn't mean that he has to "lightly beat her with a miswak".

...and a man can be "wrong" and still beat her?

In the second video, women are being compared to criminals. Nice.

Whatever. :rolleyes: More verbal garbage.

Last edited:
I understand. But if it comes to a point where this ultimatum is needed, I would say it is already too late. Would also say that it is likely that it may harm the relationship even further. Or cause emotional harm to the wife. There are better ways to give an ultimatum then this.
women who obeys allah know that wife beating is allowed, so she is not emotionally harmed by beating.

Kerr

Why on earth does Dr. Naik compare a child jumping from a window to a husband/wife relationship? Women are not children. If the husband is the leader, it doesn't mean that he has to "lightly beat her with a miswak".
I didnt actually understand that. The child wants to jump of a building, so you hit him for some reason I didnt get. And that is somehow comparable to women who doesnt obey the husband. Seems like an odd argument to me.

Had a hard time understanding his dialect, though :p.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
me too i told you i am against use this verse to slavery and abuse the wife

No you're not. Either you were messing around before when you said things like that you're going to beat you're wife into having sex with you, or you are messing around now. You can't have it both ways.

this is not my opinion , it's what God told the wives .

Nope, it is your opinion.

ssainhu said:
Why on earth does Dr. Naik compare a child jumping from a window to a husband/wife relationship?
it is example for wife doing mistake being disobedient.

ssainhu said:
Women are not children.
but women are women, not men.

"Allah has made one of them to excel the other"

ssainhu said:
If the husband is the leader, it doesn't mean that he has to "lightly beat her with a miswak".
why not?

ssainhu said:
and a man can be "wrong" and still beat her?
not beat her, if any injustice happened she can complain to parents or scholars.

ssainhu said:
In the second video, women are being compared to criminals.
police can punish criminals, also husband can punish disobedient wife.

Sister ssainhu, islam teach to live under will of allah, not per our wish. If he makes rule dont judge right or wrong, just obey it, that is only submission. Slave of allah not will question right and wrong.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
women who obeys allah know that wife beating is allowed,

Women who obey Allah, and who are fortunate enough to know better, know that allowing her husband to beat her has absolutely nothing to do with some nonsense notion of righteousness by being the victim of her husband and submitting to him based on disgusting notions such as her being of less "sound reasoning" as he is.

so she is not emotionally harmed by beating.

Are you serious?

Women who obey Allah, and who are fortunate enough to know better, know that allowing her husband to beat her has absolutely nothing to do with some nonsense notion of righteousness by being the victim of her husband and submitting to him based on disgusting notions such as her being of less "sound reasoning" as he is.
you not have read quran? it tell to beat if disobedient. 4.34

Are you serious?
good woman learn mistake from beating, after feel emotionally happy.
why quran teach beating if no good in it?

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
you not have read quran? it tell to beat if disobedient. 4.34

Okay, first, sorry about my attitude, i thought you read the thread :)

Second, forget about my post then, as like i said i thought you had been through all the discussion that went on, and my reply was based on that.

I don't want to go through all this all over again, but to put it simply i agree with other interpretations regarding this verse.

Kerr

And if she is miserable? Would that imply that she is not a good woman or that the husband did wrong?

Just so you understand my position... I have never read the Quran. Probably never will. What I mean to say is that if you ever notice that I do not comment on something that is supposed to come from the Quran it is because I just have no idea what it teaches and not.

Status
Not open for further replies.