• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
my question now is :
Me and Debater are with this explaination .that cleary with the obedience of the wife to her husband .
are Badran , Ssainu with or against ?

I'm this:

Against this explanation.

Got it?

Let me you give one sample as to why i'm against it (and attempt one last time to explain the difference between disagreeing with the quran and disagreeing with interpretations of it):

1- Allaah stated this reason in the Quran: {… because Allaah has made one of them to excel the other,…}. This excellence is due to the man being of a sound reasoning more than the woman, having a better insight and better in conducting affairs than a woman when facing emergencies and missions. It is for such reasons that Allaah assigned Prophecy, Caliphate, Jihaad (fighting in Allaah's Cause) and earning the daily bread to men.

That, Godabeyer, is crap. Nothing more and nothing less.

On top of it being silly, and demonstrably false, its also a conclusion, or attempt at understanding. So, me disagreeing with it is not the same as me disagreeing with the quran, get it?

He's assuming/concluding/attempting to find explanations as to why, so while his efforts are appreciated, i want no part of it. Alright?

i accept other explanations. Other possible interpretations.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm this:

Got it?

Let me you give one sample as to why i'm against it (and attempt one last time to explain the difference between disagreeing with the quran and disagreeing with interpretations of it):

On top of it being silly, and demonstrably false, its also a conclusion, or attempt at understanding. So, me disagreeing with it is not the same as me disagreeing with the quran, get it?

He's assuming/concluding/attempting to find explanations as to why, so while his efforts are appreciated, i want no part of it. Alright?

You've got to stop posting such great comments. I'm still out of Frubals!! :D

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Badran and ssainhu,

I knew there was a reason I adored both of you from the moment we crossed paths.....

:hugehug:
) سورة البقرة - سورة 2 - آية 120​
e.gif
الميزان في تفسير القرآن تقريب القرآن إلى الأذهان نور الثقلين
ولن ترضى عنك اليهود ولا النصارى حتى تتبع ملتهم قل ان هدى الله هو الهدى ولئن اتبعت اهواءهم بعد الذي جاءك من العلم ما لك من الله من ولي ولا نصير

And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm this:

Got it?

you interpretation for me are craps ,and mind for you are crap , that mean we are discuss the crap :)
؟ تفسير العلاماء اصبح وسخ ؟ هل من الادب ان تسب تفسير علاماء المسملمين

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
) سورة البقرة - سورة 2 - آية 120​
e.gif
الميزان في تفسير القرآن تقريب القرآن إلى الأذهان نور الثقلين
ولن ترضى عنك اليهود ولا النصارى حتى تتبع ملتهم قل ان هدى الله هو الهدى ولئن اتبعت اهواءهم بعد الذي جاءك من العلم ما لك من الله من ولي ولا نصير

And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper.

What is the point of this post? Mystic is not Muslim. :confused:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
you interpretation for me are craps ,and mind for you are crap , that mean we are discuss the crap :)

Yeah, except that we're no longer discussing anything, as this discussion is just about over (the reason for that is what you just suggested with the Quranic verse you quoted).

؟ تفسير العلاماء اصبح وسخ ؟

Saying that women are inferior to men and need to be submissive to them and so on is crap, that is correct. And thats what he practically said.

هل من الادب ان تسب تفسير علاماء المسملمين

What i say and do is none of your business. Do not offer me advice, as i'm not interested in hearing it.

As for your question in the other thread:

hey by the way I did not remember that you post interpretations , sources, references ?
or you are the source (interpretater ) ?

The answer to your question is partially in the posts i already posted. Anything more than that, i have no inclination to offer.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the point of this post? Mystic is not Muslim. :confused:

Its another pathetic tactic. He's pretty much saying that we're trying to appease non-Muslims or similar garbage, and that its not a worthy cause.

If i misunderstood feel free to correct me.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You keep talking about HER duties! I'm talking about HIS. You have NOT answered the questions I have asked at all, in any post. What is so hard about answering my questions? sister the verse of Quran and Hadiths had not exceptions .

IF a wife earns more than the husband, if she want obey God (respect the meaning of the verse and Hadiths), she should obey her husband

IF the husband makes less or nothing by EITHER circumstance or choice, there are case there is choice , some others had no choice, it's up to them , how they solve their problems and mange their life .

IF the wife then becomes the main financial provider, and the man become the main homemaker and child rearer (same answser) if she want obey God (respect the meaning of the verse and Hadiths), she should obey her husband

IS the man failing in his "duties" to god and his wife as a Muslim man? (for exemple he did not pray his 5 prayers ?)she should warning him if he back to ,it's ok , if insist to , she should ask the divorce if she want .

I am asking about the husband and HIS duties. NOT what the wife's duties are or how she should react in any way. JUST about how a Muslim man in such a situation is viewed AS A MUSLIM in regards to his perceived "duties". i answsered about the duties of husband many times . his duty is become a good man to her and care in everything (food clothes ,hospital , education to her kids ....anything she want by his limite money) and she should not ask about thing he could not buy for her ,
the result he should care about her to make her happy with him , and make her feel that he deserve to be obeyed .

You keep talking about the wife and how she should obey and respond to the situation which is not what I'm talking about and has never been what I asked.

How much simpler do I have to break this down for you?

The husband who has a wife who makes more than him, the husband who is the main homemaker and child rearer in his home, is he a failure in his "duties" to god and his wife? Is he less of a "man"?

You've said what his "duties" are, I'm asking what if he can't or doesn't perform those "duties" because the couple finds she can handle those "duties" better than him? Do NOT answer me with one word about the wife's "duties" or obeying or divorce or the like. I'm not asking about her. I'm asking about HIM.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Its another pathetic tactic. He's pretty much saying that we're trying to appease non-Muslims or similar garbage, and that its not a worthy cause.

What I got out of it was that if you were "truly" Muslim, Jews and Christians (and so on)would not like you...that is until you believe more like them...and then you aren't "truly" Muslim.

Basically, because Mystic says she likes you, and she isn't Muslim, then you aren't a "true" Muslim. At least that's how it came off to me.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

You're likely correct (and yes, it is pathetic), I just wanted to hear it from him.

What I got out of it was that if you were "truly" Muslim, Jews and Christians (and so on)would not like you...that is until you believe more like them...and then you aren't "truly" Muslim.

Basically, because Mystic says she likes you, and she isn't Muslim, then you aren't a "true" Muslim. At least that's how it came off to me.

Yes, this is how it came off to me as well. Honestly. :facepalm: God forbid a non-Muslim and Muslim get along.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, except that we're no longer discussing anything, as this discussion is just about over (the reason for that is what you just suggested with the Quranic verse you quoted).

Saying that women are inferior to men and need to be submissive to them and so on is crap, that is correct. And thats what he practically said.

What i say and do is none of your business. Do not offer me advice, as i'm not interested in hearing it.

As for your question in the other thread:

The answer to your question is partially in the posts i already posted. Anything more than that, i have no inclination to offer.

Badran, you will make a wonderful husband to some lucky lady. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
You're likely correct (and yes, it is pathetic), I just wanted to hear it from him.

Yes, this is how it came off to me as well. Honestly. :facepalm: God forbid a non-Muslim and Muslim get along.

Can I make it worse for you? :D I like you! :hug:

And I like Badran too! :hug:

Ack...the kiss of religious death from a Wiccan! You've been scarred for life! ;)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Can I make it worse for you? :D I like you! :hug:

And I like Badran too! :hug:

Ack...the kiss of religious death from a Wiccan! You've been scarred for life! ;)

Consider me punished and scarred, because I like you too!!! :hug:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You keep talking about the wife and how she should obey and respond to the situation which is not what I'm talking about and has never been what I asked.

How much simpler do I have to break this down for you?

The husband who has a wife who makes more than him, the husband who is the main homemaker and child rearer in his home, is he a failure in his "duties" to god and his wife? Is he less of a "man"?

You've said what his "duties" are, I'm asking what if he can't or doesn't perform those "duties" because the couple finds she can handle those "duties" better than him? Do NOT answer me with one word about the wife's "duties" or obeying or divorce or the like. I'm not asking about her. I'm asking about HIM.
I told you it's not about who make more , many poor men married richs woman , in this case if she are obey God , she should obey her husband .

Godobeyer

Premium Member

of course , that the exactly the meaning . :p
I feel it and see it , and God only the knowing .
والله اعلم

Status
Not open for further replies.