• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enlighten

I said that was mistake , wikipedia is the holy book of ssainu

This has been the first that I recall ssainhu using Wikipedia to explain something, every time she used the Qur'an you also dismiss what she says along with many others.

May I ask... what source are you using this time? From what Scholars?

Sakeenah

I said that was mistake , wikipedia is the holy book of ssainu

brother I would advise you to read the many sayings of the prophet (peace be upon him) about good manners..

The Prophet said:
“The most beloved slaves of God to God are those who have the best manners.” (Al-Hakim)

Prophet said:
“The believers with the most perfect faith are those with the most perfect conduct and manners. And the best ones amongst you are those who are best to their families.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Allah said in the Quran:
Those who suppress their anger, and forgive other people – assuredly, God loves those who do good.” (Quran 3:134)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have disagreed that women need to be beaten and submit completely to their husbands.

Heretic! And I speak on behalf of all the earth's 1 billion Muslims when I say that. Just so you know (Not that I'm arrogant).

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Oh i get it, so you ignored my post and my apology and refuse to let this go because you're having much more fun this way. You're on and on as fast and as good as ever with the misrepresentations and the disgusting personal remarks.

I understand now how you want this to be, and i'll happily oblige.
I accep your apology , but i guess you need to apology to the Muslim scholar whom explain that verse of Quran in the famous/credible site www.islamweb.net
because you are not equal to his knowlge .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've missed you! Where have you been, fellow heretic???

Thank you! That's so sweet! I've missed you too! I've been working nearly around the clock getting my new blog going. So far, it's been off to a good start. But I think it will really soar now that I have found my voice as the spokesperson for the world's 1 billion Muslims.

EDIT: Make that "infallible" spokesperson.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
because ssainu and who with her, are agree with them not with Quran meaning and Hadiths .(Islam )

I'll ask this once again (in the hope that you will see why ssainu appears to disagree with you)

When the Quran says a woman must obey her husband in ''everything'' ...what does the ''everything'' entail???

If you can answer this question, you'll understand why most of the posters disagree with you.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
brother I would advise you to read the many sayings of the prophet (peace be upon him) about good manners..

The Prophet said:
“The most beloved slaves of God to God are those who have the best manners.” (Al-Hakim)

Prophet said:
“The believers with the most perfect faith are those with the most perfect conduct and manners. And the best ones amongst you are those who are best to their families.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Allah said in the Quran:
Those who suppress their anger, and forgive other people – assuredly, God loves those who do good.” (Quran 3:134)
edited :
thank you sister for these , hadiths and Quran , by the way i am with any Hadith and Quran verse
and whom (Badran , ssainu) against the Hadiths, that order the wife to obey her husband ? what you would told them ?

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
edited :
thank you sister for these , hadiths and Quran , by the way i am with any Hadith and Quran verse
and whom (Badran , ssainu) against the Hadiths, that order the wife to obey her husband ? what you would told them ?

You need to stop accusing Badran and I of this NOW. :slap:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'll ask this once again (in the hope that you will see why ssainu appears to disagree with you)

When the Quran says a woman must obey her husband in ''everything'' ...what does the ''everything'' entail???

If you can answer this question, you'll understand why most of the posters disagree with you.
this is your answer #345

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You need to stop accusing Badran and I of this NOW. :slap:
it's his claim and your claim too, he always siad "Iam againt them,it" , that he did not believe in Hadiths whom ask the wife to obey her husband .
edited :
if you said that you are with that Hadiths (whom ask the wife to obey her husband) , why all this ?
I am not sure, that you are sure ,what you saying .

Last edited:

Enlighten

it's his claim and your claim too, he always siad "Iam againt them,it" , that he did not believe in Hadiths whom ask the wife to obey her husband .

ok let me put this simply.

ssainhu, Badran or DS have NEVER stated through this entire thread that "They are against or do not believe in Hadiths" they have however, disagreed with YOUR interpretation of them.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

ssainhu, Badran or DS have NEVER stated through this entire thread that "They are against or do not believe in Hadiths" they have however, disagreed with YOUR interpretation of them.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Frubals! :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member

ok these are the hadiths that i always post them , I want to know what is the right interpretation to them ok ?

“If a woman prays her five (daily) prayers and keeps her private parts chaste and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any of the doors of Paradise she wishes.” [Reported by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh]

Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

“It is not lawful for a woman to fast while her husband is present unless she has his permission. And she must not allow anyone in his home except with his permission [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Also from Abu Hurairah (radiyallaahu ‘anhu), Allaah’s Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
“When a man calls his wife to bed and she does not come to him, and he spends the night angry with her, the angels curse her until the morning arrives.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

nd in the report of Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim, the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
“By the One in whose Hand my soul is, there is no man that calls his wife to bed and she refuses him, except that the One who is above the heavens is displeased with her until he (the husband) becomes content with her.”

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ok these are the hadiths that i always post them , I want to know what is the right interpretation to them ok ?

“If a woman prays her five (daily) prayers and keeps her private parts chaste and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any of the doors of Paradise she wishes.” [Reported by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh]

Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

“It is not lawful for a woman to fast while her husband is present unless she has his permission. And she must not allow anyone in his home except with his permission.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Also from Abu Hurairah (radiyallaahu ‘anhu), Allaah’s Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
“When a man calls his wife to bed and she does not come to him, and he spends the night angry with her, the angels curse her until the morning arrives.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

nd in the report of Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim, the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
“By the One in whose Hand my soul is, there is no man that calls his wife to bed and she refuses him, except that the One who is above the heavens is displeased with her until he (the husband) becomes content with her.”

Do you have something new to add?

I don't agree with YOUR definition of obey. Got it?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, GodObeyer. The main point of difference is what obedience to the husband entails. It's about whether it entails enslaving a wife or not. It's about taking away her freedoms in name of being "qawamm". I'm pretty sure no one here disagrees with the Qur'an or Hadiths, but with how a woman should obey her husband and under what conditions.

What is so ambiguous in this that it needs to be restated a billion times?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Ok Debator Slayer , I am with you, i don't beat (softy) the wife when she goes out without permission, i will divore her ok ? it's my choice .

plz now clear to them your position now
edited :
are you with or against the obey of the wife to her husband .?

Sakeenah

edited :

they aren't against the ahadith..
I will tell them to make du'a for you that Allah gives you the correct understanding and hikmah(wisdom)

I think this discussion should stop because there's no benefit..there's a hadith in which the prophet s.a.w mentioned that a house will be built in paradise for those who stay away from arguments..i'll search for the exact quote..so akhi do you want this reward..

so I think there are 2 very good options: maybe we can vote?

1 turn this in a tea vs coffee vs milkshake thread
2 let this thread die..

Status
Not open for further replies.