• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok Debator Slayer , I am with you, i don't beat (softy) the wife when she goes out without permission, i will divore her ok ? it's my choice .

plz now clear to them your position now

I already did, but to clear the issue completely, here you go again:

Yes, the wife should obey her husband, but only under the right conditions and definitely not in any way whatsoever that causes her to become a mere slave or sexual object or a servant. The husband as well is bound by his duties and to earn full rights, he must perform full duties.

Is that enough? I don't know why you asked for it again since I had already done it in an earlier post.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes, GodObeyer. The main point of difference is what obedience to the husband entails. It's about whether it entails enslaving a wife or not. It's about taking away her freedoms in name of being "qawamm". I'm pretty sure no one here disagrees with the Qur'an or Hadiths, but with how a woman should obey her husband and under what conditions.

What is so ambiguous in this that it needs to be restated a billion times?

with as we agree
she obey him only in the right thing (not what God forbiden )
تطيعه فقط في الحلال لا تطيعه في الحرام

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
they aren't against the ahadith..
I will tell them to make du'a for you that Allah gives you the correct understanding and hikmah(wisdom)

I think this discussion should stop because there's no benefit..there's a hadith in which the prophet s.a.w mentioned that a house will be built in paradise for those who stay away from arguments..i'll search for the exact quote..so akhi do you want this reward..

so I think there are 2 very good options: maybe we can vote?

1 turn this in a tea vs coffee vs milkshake thread
2 let this thread die..

Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: "Do not argue with, tease, or break the promise you have made to your brethren."

Prophet Muhammad (saw) also said: "You cannot attain full faith unless you quit verbal arguments even if you are right."

Prophet Muhammad (saw) also said: "Whoever knows he is right but quits arguing shall be given a residence in a high heavenly place. Whoever knows that he is wrong and quits arguing shall be given a residence in a low heavenly place."

"Whoever expresses animosity without true knowledge shall remain subject to Allah's wrath until he dies."

“I guarantee a house in Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a house in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even when joking / for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.” [Prophet Muhammad (صلي الله عليه وسلم) - reported by Imam Abu Dawud]

Sa’eed bin Musayyeb says: Once the Prophet was sitting with his Companions, and one person used insulting words against Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), causing him pain. But Abu Bakr remained silent. The person again used bitter words against Abu Bakr, and still Abu Bakr did not respond. The third time when this ignorant person hurt Abu Bakr with his tongue, Abu Bakr tried answering back.
At this point the Prophet got up. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) asked him, “Are you displeased with me, O Messenger of Allah?” The Prophet replied, “No, but (when you remained silent) an angel came down from the heaven responding to this man’s talk. But the moment you started replying to that man, the angel went away and the devil sat down. And I cannot sit where the devil is sitting.” Abu Dawood 041 4878

http://muslimology.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/arguing-manners-in-islam/

Here are a few:D

Last edited:

Enlighten

Very interesting but can almost guarantee that they will be ignored again by the very person (I think) that should read and note them, Especially the first one and last sentence of 3rd one.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I already did, but to clear the issue completely, here you go again:

Yes, the wife should obey her husband, but only under the right conditions and definitely not in any way whatsoever that causes her to become a mere slave or sexual object or a servant. The husband as well is bound by his duties and to earn full rights, he must perform full duties.

Is that enough? I don't know why you asked for it again since I had already done it in an earlier post.
الله اكبر Allahu Akbar
من البداية يا اخي و متأخر لكن ماعليش
ربي يحفظك و يخليك ويرزقك بإمراة صالحة و مطيعة

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I will tell them to make du'a for you that Allah gives you the correct understanding and hikmah(wisdom)

I think this discussion should stop because there's no benefit..there's a hadith in which the prophet s.a.w mentioned that a house will be built in paradise for those who stay away from arguments..i'll search for the exact quote..so akhi do you want this reward..

2 let this thread die..
Thank you sister for this replay ,
and i hope so .
i am sorry to you all i over reaction , but it's my beliefs not game .
should i defend for it .
I agree with you this thread should die , this is my last reply in this thread.

Sakeenah

الله اكبر Allahu Akbar
من البداية يا اخي و متأخر لكن ماعليش
ربي يحفظك و يخليك ويرزقك بإمراة صالحة و مطيعة

ameen ..so this means discussion over sa7?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

2 let this thread die..

It is obvious to any reasonable person that coffee is a sacred gift to humanity. But milkshakes are pretty good too.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
:eek: Nope far from over for me!! :no: I want tea brought into the equation then we can end :p

Tea? Tea? The tea in Boston Harbor is just about steeped by now. That's what I think of tea*

* J/K I actually love the stuff. What's your favorite kind?

Enlighten

Tea? Tea? The tea in Boston Harbor is just about steeped by now. That's what I think of tea*

* J/K I actually love the stuff. What's your favorite kind?

lol I love English tea surprisingly :) (every day starts with a boring tetley though) mostly black teas to be honest. I do take a notion now and then for herbal/fruit tea too as long as they are not citrus, I am the only sour thing allowed in my life :p

I have pretty boring taste buds to be honest, so here goes for me to be put to shame... what about you?

Sakeenah

It is over for me as well. :D Thank you for pointing out the danger of arguments and for putting milkshakes and coffee into the thread. :flower::flower2:

I'm getting that milkshake soon! :D

:)your welcome dear sister may Allag give you and your loved ones a house in jannah ameen.

I'll call my brother to tell him to get me a milkshake..if he doesn't i'll beat him up(joke)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
lol I love English tea surprisingly :) (every day starts with a boring tetley though) mostly black teas to be honest. I do take a notion now and then for herbal/fruit tea too as long as they are not citrus, I am the only sour thing allowed in my life :p

I have pretty boring taste buds to be honest, so here goes for me to be put to shame... what about you?

I'm with you. Herbal teas don't do much for me. Neither does green tea -- although I keep some around for a friend who visits now and then. But I prefer the black teas.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wanted to reply to some posts, but i will suck it up and just say that my position wasn't totally accurately represented in the conclusion that was reached (i don't fully agree with it), but thats okay.

I'm just glad this is over (i hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.