• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerr

they aren't against the ahadith..
I will tell them to make du'a for you that Allah gives you the correct understanding and hikmah(wisdom)

I think this discussion should stop because there's no benefit..there's a hadith in which the prophet s.a.w mentioned that a house will be built in paradise for those who stay away from arguments..i'll search for the exact quote..so akhi do you want this reward..

so I think there are 2 very good options: maybe we can vote?

1 turn this in a tea vs coffee vs milkshake thread
2 let this thread die..
My vote is on the milkshake, because I have never tasted coffee and I am not in a tea mood atm :p!

Kerr

Thank you sister for this replay ,
and i hope so .
i am sorry to you all i over reaction , but it's my beliefs not game .
should i defend for it .
I agree with you this thread should die , this is my last reply in this thread.
In that case I will do the same. We are both quite stubborn and wont back down from an argument, so I guess we are alike in that way. As illustrated by this web comic.

duty_calls.png
from HERE

(And if it seems familiar, I did post it in the other thread, but felt it was appropriate here as well :cool:.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I said I submit to Allah, and if something troubles me I seek to find its wisdom. I have been told by MORE THAN ONE SCHOLAR that wife-beating is NOT allowed in Islam, and that "adriboo" means something else. I choose to accept that meaning instead of wife-beating.
you scholars said something and you stop finding more about it? it told i have proofs against them, why reject my proves even without seeing it?

It's none of your business what I choose to accept in my life. I'm not trying to change your mind; that's up to you.

ok, but is it your business to bash me and godobeyer for what we chose to accept in our life? how dare you bash us when you not even ready to debate on it?

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
ok, but is it your business to bash me and godobeyer for what we chose to accept in our life? how dare you bash us when you not even ready to debate on it?

As far as I know nobody is bashing people but rather they are bashing an idea.

Yes, it's certainly anyone's business to "bash" wife-beating. Some people firmly believe that all people have fundamental human rights, so if anyone thinks it's OK to beat someone for not obeying (in other words, slavery) then of course people are going to bash that idea.

Yes, it's certainly anyone's business to "bash" wife-beating. Some people firmly believe that all people have fundamental human rights, so if anyone thinks it's OK to beat someone for not obeying (in other words, slavery) then of course people are going to bash that idea.
we believe god created us, so he has right to dictate us what to do, when our god gave us right to beat wife, and we all follow it with no problem, what right to bash us? In islam no right to question allah's will, read submission in wikipedia.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
we believe god created us, so he has right to dictate us what to do, when our god gave us right to beat wife, and we all follow it with no problem, what right to bash us? In islam no right to question allah's will, read submission in wikipedia.

Suppose that someone believed they had a divine mandate to beat Muslims -- would you still think that just because they believe their god tells them to beat Muslims that you have no right to bash the idea of beating Muslims?

I don't care if you believe Allah tells you that you can beat women. I can still call the idea of beating women barbaric, animalistic and evil. It doesn't mean I'm attacking you. I'm just disagreeing with a despicable concept (beating women).

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
you scholars said something and you stop finding more about it? it told i have proofs against them, why reject my proves even without seeing it?

Because I don't want to see it. I've already seen what you will present, and I have no interest in seeing it.

I bashed no one, TruthSpeaker. I'm not the one declaring who is Muslim and who is not. As a matter of fact, I have not once insulted either one of you. You and Godobeyer, on the other hand...

i say you to jump at river to cool down, if dont know swimming dont worry, someone will help you if lucky.

What kind of comment is that? I can swim, quite well, thanks.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
it is extremely bat habit to say what you do is wrong and what i do is correct, respect everyone what they do.

So we should all respect any behaviour whatsoever? Murder? Beating of children? Germ Warfare? I think you just might want to clarify this statement.

Sure. Just explain to me and I'll be ready to listen. :)

How are you going to "prove it"?

Go ahead. I'm interested in reading what you're going to post.
i know you are interested, but if proof is valid dont say like ssainhu say that it does not match with overall idea of islam, and runaway. promise?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
it is extremely bat habit to say what you do is wrong and what i do is correct, respect everyone what they do.

Normally I would agree to respect what people choose to do -- but in this instance, someone is getting hurt by someone else.

If you believe the moon is made out of cheese (as a silly example) then fine -- nobody can judge you for having that belief.

But if you believe that it's OK to punch someone for having green eyes (another silly example) then I have every right to judge that belief as barbaric.

I don't have to respect a belief that hurting someone else is OK just because it's a religious belief. Wife-beating is barbaric and scummy. Seems to me that only weak "men" would do such a horrific and evil thing.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
i know you are interested, but if proof is valid dont say like ssainhu say that it does not match with overall idea of islam, and runaway. promise?

I can't promise you anything before actually reading your post.

I think I'd have a much better insight into this particular subject if you reply first.

Status
Not open for further replies.