• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
similarly a muslimah is always wlling to take beat from husband if there is a reason, because they obey allah. But beat for wrong reason she can complain.

But some Muslims and Muslimahs are disagreeing that Allah commands to beat the wife for any reason.

if not 100% clear about it, why then bash us?

I was saying that not 100% of Muslims agree it's OK to beat the wife. Thus there are some Muslimahs who might not agree Allah commands their husbands to beat them in some situations who end up getting beat anyway. I know a few Muslims and Muslimahs who quote scholars that disagree wife-beating is part of Islam.

Regardless, I don't have to show whether or not this or that verse says it's OK to beat wives or not because I'm not a Muslimah. I can still judge wife-beating as immoral and barbaric just the same. I can't imagine why a god of any sort would command wife-beating -- that sounds more demonic than godly to me.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh for goodness sake, get a hold of yourself. If you have proof, this means they cannot deny what you say, so share it. Then the discussion will end in agreement. I for one have been one of those "friends" you speak of who deny that the Qur'an advocates violence against women. So prove it.

As long as that discussion can end with agreeing to disagree, then fine. :D

Oh for goodness sake, get a hold of yourself. If you have proof, this means they cannot deny what you say, so share it. Then the discussion will end in agreement. I for one have been one of those "friends" you speak of who deny that the Qur'an advocates violence against women. So prove it.
useless point, they should accept proof only if it is from convincing sources, still they cant promise, what danger in promise?

i said before in my history another muslimah cheated me after seeing proof, so i have reason, but ssainhu and her friends have no reason to not promise.
Do you really think they support wife beating if have enough proof? you are joking ...

Last edited:

Enlighten

useless point, they should accept proof only if it is from convincing sources, still they cant promise, what danger in promise?

i said before in my history another muslimah cheated me after seeing proof, so i have reason.

So in other words you have "proof" that justifies it to you but you are not willing to share? What on earth is the point of this? If you want to show that you are "in the right" then show your "proof". They don't need to promise you anything.

So in other words you have "proof" that justifies it to you but you are not willing to share? What on earth is the point of this? If you want to show that you are "in the right" then show your "proof". They don't need to promise you anything.

talk to your friend first if you are serious, Do you really think they support wife beating if have enough proof? you are joking ...

If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.

Enlighten

talk to your friend first, Do you really think they support wife beating if have enough proof? you are joking ...

It's late here, am I really reading this? :facepalm:

Again, IF you have PROOF, share it, then everyone can review and provide feedback. Point of a forum (under religious debates section, may I add), if you do not wish to debate then don't say you have PROOF when you will not provide it.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I stand by my post.
Try and prove it or stop...the challenge is now yours.

But some Muslims and Muslimahs are disagreeing that Allah commands to beat the wife for any reason.
why majority follow minority opinion?

I was saying that not 100% of Muslims agree it's OK to beat the wife. Thus there are some Muslimahs who might not agree Allah commands their husbands to beat them in some situations who end up getting beat anyway. I know a few Muslims and Muslimahs who quote scholars that disagree wife-beating is part of Islam.
you know 100% is not always easy to get, still majority support wife beating, why bash the majority opinion?

Regardless, I don't have to show whether or not this or that verse says it's OK to beat wives or not because I'm not a Muslimah. I can still judge wife-beating as immoral and barbaric just the same. I can't imagine why a god of any sort would command wife-beating -- that sounds more demonic than godly to me.
then you have to study islam more, so you can understand. According to islam creator has right to command how we should live, no right to question right or wrong. For example allah gave mohammad to marry more than 4 wives, normal man only allowed 4 wives, we dont question allah about this injusitce because he has right to command how we should live, sameway muslimahs too dont question allah's will even if there is inequality.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you mean by "support wife beating"

The closest I've EVER heard is that a "tap" is allowed after all steps are attempted and fail. AND, let it be known that there is absolutely no restriction on women "beating" their husbands.

I'm for non-violent resolution myself, but as has been pointed out, my thoughts don't matter. :rolleyes:

I stand by my post.
Try and prove it or stop...the challenge is now yours.

ssainhu, you dont have any right to ask for proof until change this opinion

If I still don't like something, then it's my choice to either make peace with it or ignore that part which bothers me.

the proof will be from convincing sources for sure, also i let your friends decide if they are convincing or not.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ssainhu, you dont have any right to ask for proof until change this opinion

the proof will be from convincing sources for sure, also i let your friends decide if they are convincing or not.

Something tells me you aren't used to a woman standing up for herself. I have every right to ask for your proof, THEN decide whether I choose to accept it.

You have every right to not provide the proof, and therefore step out of the debate.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
why majority follow minority opinion?

I'm just saying -- if a man beats a woman because he assumes she's OK with it but she's actually not, there's a problem.

TruthSpeaker said:
you know 100% is not always easy to get, still majority support wife beating, why bash the majority opinion?

I can't imagine myself not "bashing" any concept that involves barbaric acts like wife-beating. I don't care how many people believe it's ok, it's still immoral to me.

TruthSpeaker said:
then you have to study islam more, so you can understand. According to islam creator has right to command how we should live, no right to question right or wrong. For example allah gave mohammad to marry more than 4 wives, normal man only allowed 4 wives, we dont question allah about this injusitce because he has right to command how we should live, sameway muslimahs too dont question allah's will even if there is inequality.

I'm not a Muslimah -- it seems perfectly fine for me to judge wife-beating under any circumstances as barbaric and immoral. I don't believe any sort of god has commanded anyone to beat their wives. That seems to me to be a human error.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It is haram in islam to take what you like and leave what you hate, if i contribute to you for that then i will be punished in hell. Do you have right to put me in hell fire?

This makes no sense. I don't have the power to put you in "hell fire". :facepalm: Can we agree to disagree and move on please?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I must admit, I do wonder what this "proof" could possibly be, since there have been many quotes and many discussions over various interpretations, what could be brought in that is new and so clear? Honestly, short of a Divine moment where god or an angel or the like, were to simultaneously appear to everyone on the forum and explain, in each of our native tongues, that beating wives is okie dokie, I can't think of anything that would suffice as absolute "proof" of such a stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.