• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mutation not random????

cladking

You clearly either didn't read it and/or check out the links, and that's what truly is "pathetic".

You have neither provided a link nor explained in your own words what experiment proves a gradual chjange in species caused by "survival of the fittest" so that I can research it.

You have nothing at all.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Are you suggesting then that there's something in the evolution of whales that proves a gradual change?

Would you be so kind as to say what that is so I can research it?

Of course you can't because "Evolution" is principally a belief system.
Scientific theories are based on evidence. They are not beliefs.

Look, an internet forum is not a place for people to publish books on subjects. My suggestion to you is that you either get a book on the basics of evolution, or you take some college science courses such as biology or physical anthropology. There simply is no substitute for you educating yourself. And education is what is called for.

cladking

Look, an internet forum is not a place for people to publish books on subjects.

So you can not state in your own words any evidence that shows any species gradually changed as a result of "survival of the fittest".

What you have is a belief and an inability to defend that belief.

Don't be ashamed, this is no put down, and we all have to believe something.

IndigoChild5559

So you can not state in your own words any evidence that shows any species gradually changed as a result of "survival of the fittest".

What you have is a belief and an inability to defend that belief.

Don't be ashamed, this is no put down, and we all have to believe something.
I'm not going tot try to state all the evidence for the evolution of whales in one post, no. That would be a ridiculous thing to try. It's enough stuff for a small booklet.

However, this doesn't stop anyone from researching it online. There are plenty of websites that talk about it.

cladking

I'm not going tot try to state all the evidence for the evolution of whales in one post, no. That would be a ridiculous thing to try.

And for the fifth time, I didn't ask you to. I asked you to state in your own words one single experiment that is relevant or any data that would show a gradual change based on "survival of the fittest". I'll do the research if you'll just point me in the right direction.

If you can't put it in your own words what you have is a belief.

All any believer in "Evolution" has is belief. It is belief that can't be shaken by any amount of evidence or logic. Experiment is irrelevant to believers.

Most change in species occurs only at bottlenecks. This is seen over and over. All change in all life at all levels and in all ways is sudden. Evolution is a belief. The Bible is closer to being correct than any textbook.

IndigoChild5559

And for the fifth time, I didn't ask you to. I asked you to state in your own words one single experiment that is relevant or any data that would show a gradual change based on "survival of the fittest". I'll do the research if you'll just point me in the right direction.

If you can't put it in your own words what you have is a belief.

All any believer in "Evolution" has is belief. It is belief that can't be shaken by any amount of evidence or logic. Experiment is irrelevant to believers.

Most change in species occurs only at bottlenecks. This is seen over and over. All change in all life at all levels and in all ways is sudden. Evolution is a belief. The Bible is closer to being correct than any textbook.
You can protest all you want, but you are asking for me to write a book, and I'm not going to do it. Get a book on evolution and read it.

Because evolution is based on factual evidence rather than faith, we speak of accepting evolution, not believing it. It is not a belief.

Reactions: ppp

cladking

You can protest all you want, but you are asking for me to write a book, and I'm not going to do it. Get a book on evolution and read it.

No. I am asking you to write a single sentence to show you know what experiment (any experiment) shows a gradual change in species caused by "survival of the fittest".

You can't explain something to a child then you probably don't understand it yourself.

Because evolution is based on factual evidence rather than faith, we speak of accepting evolution, not believing it. It is not a belief.

Tomato/ Tomatoe.

IndigoChild5559

No. I am asking you to write a single sentence to show you know what experiment (any experiment) shows a gradual change in species caused by "survival of the fittest".

You can't explain something to a child then you probably don't understand it yourself.

Tomato/ Tomatoe.
I CAN'T answer in a single sentence. Now drop it.

cladking

I CAN'T answer in a single sentence. Now drop it.

You aren't limited to a single sentence. Sometimes it's difficult to get several complex ideas into a single sentence without having it run on, so feel free to use two or three, or however many you need to tell me what experiment or data shows a gradual change in any species caused by "survival of the fittest".

I'm very sorry if this is stressful for you but when our beliefs are challenged we all experience stress. When we change our beliefs we have to rebuild all our models.

IndigoChild5559

You aren't limited to a single sentence. Sometimes it's difficult to get several complex ideas into a single sentence without having it run on, so feel free to use two or three, or however many you need to tell me what experiment or data shows a gradual change in any species caused by "survival of the fittest".

I'm very sorry if this is stressful for you but when our beliefs are challenged we all experience stress. When we change our beliefs we have to rebuild all our models.
I'm not going to reply to you anymore. You simply don't want to accept what I've said. It makes no sense to continue repeating it. Bye.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Are you suggesting then that there's something in the evolution of whales that proves a gradual change?

upload_2022-3-3_13-36-10.png

upload_2022-3-3_13-36-31.png

Handwave denial in 3...2...1....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You have neither provided a link nor explained in your own words what experiment proves a gradual chjange in species caused by "survival of the fittest" so that I can research it.

You have nothing at all.
I provided the link on "Speciation" from Wikipedia, and it has links to studies, although that may have been on a different thread.

metis

I've read it and it agrees with my theory. These moths changed colors in a very brief time.
But that's the point!!! Imagine how many changes could occur over 1 million years or one billion years!!!

You actually have undermined your own position.

cladking

But that's the point!!! Imagine how many changes could occur over 1 million years or one billion years!!!

You actually have undermined your own position.

Then you mustta missed it when I said every experiment supports sudden change occurs in all life of all types. You mustta missed it when I said no experiment supports a gradual change in any major species caused by "survival of the fittest". You must have missed when I asked you to state or describe even one experiment that confirms Darwin's belief in "Evolution".

How can you guys miss this???? I don't doubt species change, I doubt that it has anything to do with "survival of the fittest" or it occurs gradually. Biology is wrong and your link is wrong.

The Bible is closer to the causes of change in species than biologists are.

cladking

Yes!!! There could be massive changes over millions of years if any niche remained stable long enough. Niches never remain stable. Everything changes and undergoes million of simultaneous cycles while being affected by everything in the universe.

I'm sorry everything is so complicated but the reality is you must understand the consciousness of every member of a parent and child species and the events in their lives as well as the experience and knowledge that affected these events in order to understand what caused a sudden change in species; which is the chief way in which species change.

Reality is complex and no reductionistic science can reduce this complexity especially as it concern the chief causes of change in species; consciousness and behavior both caused by genes and knowledge.

metis

Then you mustta missed it when I said every experiment supports sudden change occurs in all life of all types. You mustta missed it when I said no experiment supports a gradual change in any major species caused by "survival of the fittest". You must have missed when I asked you to state or describe even one experiment that confirms Darwin's belief in "Evolution".

How can you guys miss this???? I don't doubt species change, I doubt that it has anything to do with "survival of the fittest" or it occurs gradually. Biology is wrong and your link is wrong.

The Bible is closer to the causes of change in species than biologists are.
No, it's obvious you "missed it" probably by not paying attention in even elementary school science classes. To say "biology is wrong" is so screwed up, but it clearly shows where you in reality are coming from and that certainly ain't reality.

And btw, do you realize how you're making Christianity appear to be an exercise in ignorance? Thus, people doing what you're doing are Christianity's worst enemy.

metis

Yes!!! There could be massive changes over millions of years if any niche remained stable long enough. Niches never remain stable. Everything changes and undergoes million of simultaneous cycles while being affected by everything in the universe.

I'm sorry everything is so complicated but the reality is you must understand the consciousness of every member of a parent and child species and the events in their lives as well as the experience and knowledge that affected these events in order to understand what caused a sudden change in species; which is the chief way in which species change.

Reality is complex and no reductionistic science can reduce this complexity especially as it concern the chief causes of change in species; consciousness and behavior both caused by genes and knowledge.
You literally have no clue how scientifically illogical the above is, so I'm certainly wasting my time even trying to have a conversation with you.