• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Favorite Ann Coulter Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it.
They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.
Same side as the United States? That's abit odd. Apparently she doesn't know that thier are Liberals fighting back, but not that many, and it doesn't help only a few people vote for any party other than Democrat or Republican.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Moon Woman said:
Oh please. Shall we quote some Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher? Come on. One of the things I can't stand is when people lose their sense of perspective and viciously attack someone who speaks their mind - simply because they are effective and outspoken.

You may not like what she says, but she often nails it. She seems to take little notice of the vitriol hurled her way (she much too busy hurling her own brand across the fence).

For example:
"You know, ok. I made a few jokes--and they killed 3000 Americans. Fair trade."
Slam-dunk.

I hate to break this to you, but not only is her tone malicious and hateful--which would be enough to damn her case outright--she is blatantly dishonest. It is simply impossible to use Ann Coulter as a reliable source, yet many people as well as an infamous news station do so constantly.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
ah, she's baaaack....

The only place Al Gore conserves energy these days is on the treadmill. I don't want to suggest that Al's getting big, but the last time I saw him on TV I thought, "That reminds me — we have to do something about saving the polar bears."

The Democrats are giving aid and comfort to the enemy for no purpose other than giving aid and comfort to the enemy. There is no plausible explanation for the Democrats' behavior other than that they long to see U.S. troops shot, humiliated, and driven from the field of battle. They fill the airwaves with treason, but when called to vote on withdrawing troops, disavow their own public statements. These people are not only traitors, they are gutless traitors.
(on the dem nat'l convention) Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston, conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do. My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazened with the "F-word" are my opponents. Also, as always, the pretty girls and cops are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
"Democrats couldn't care less if people in Indiana hate them. But if Europeans curl their lips, liberals can't look at themselves in the mirror."
---
"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant."
---
"I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am."

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi everybody,

Speaking specifically about opposing Islamic fundamentalism, isn't she right? I mean, I encounter this fairly often as a conservative Christian. Liberals strongly disagree with my fundamentalism (some could even say despise), but then they can't bring themselves to condemn Islamic fundamentalism.

If you dislike one fundamentalism (in Christian fundamentalism) why can't you dislike another fundamentalism (in Islamic fundamentalism which by the way is a bit more dangerous than that evil brand of Christianity that I believe)?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Hi everybody,

Speaking specifically about opposing Islamic fundamentalism, isn't she right? I mean, I encounter this fairly often as a conservative Christian. Liberals strongly disagree with my fundamentalism (some could even say despise), but then they can't bring themselves to condemn Islamic fundamentalism.

If you dislike one fundamentalism (in Christian fundamentalism) why can't you dislike another fundamentalism (in Islamic fundamentalism which by the way is a bit more dangerous than that evil brand of Christianity that I believe)?

hi joe stocks, welcome to the forums!

We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it.

They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.

is probably what you are referring to, right? If so yes, this is what she was talking about and imo right on the money.

but i'd sorta like to keep the side-debates out of this thread if that's okay, just throw in a favorite quote if you have one. otherwise we would be chasing rabbit-trails forever and ever and ever...

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Moon Woman,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Yes, that was quote I was talking about.

I also love this exchange (especially in light of all the global warming hysteria):

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.
PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.
COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.
FENN: This is a great idea.
COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."
FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...
COULTER: Yes! Yes.
FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.
COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Hi Moon Woman,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Yes, that was quote I was talking about.

I also love this exchange (especially in light of all the global warming hysteria):

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.

PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.

COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.

FENN: This is a great idea.

COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...

COULTER: Yes! Yes.

FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.

COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

That is disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Here's one of my favorites.

I think [women] should be armed but should not vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care.
Take your own advice, sweetie... :rolleyes:

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Moon Woman said:
Oh please. Shall we quote some Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher? Come on. One of the things I can't stand is when people lose their sense of perspective and viciously attack someone who speaks their mind - simply because they are effective and outspoken.

You may not like what she says, but she often nails it. She seems to take little notice of the vitriol hurled her way (she much too busy hurling her own brand across the fence).

For example:
"You know, ok. I made a few jokes--and they killed 3000 Americans. Fair trade."
Slam-dunk.

Hey JoeStocks, you are getting a very good look at the political landscape on RF btw. Don't take any of it personally.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
That is disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

lol, disgusting is in the eye of the beholder. so is wit.

as in, "I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am."

Jaymes said:
Take your own advice, sweetie... :rolleyes:
I think the other point that no one is making about the [Abu Ghraib] abuse photos is just the disproportionate number of women involved, including a girl general running the entire operation. I mean, this is lesson, you know, number 1,000,047 on why women shouldn't be in the military. In addition to not being able to carry even a medium-sized backpack, women are too vicious.
:rolleyes:

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Oh please. Shall we quote some Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher?

We could, if it would make you happy.

Being a liberal doesn't keep one from making an *** out of oneself.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Just to throw something worth actual discussion into the thread.....is there a reason Coulter makes the comments about women that she does? I don't get the impression from her that she's looking for a return to the good old days when women were considered commodities and trophies with no brains or the ability to even have an opinion. Is she being extreme for the sole purpose of making people angry, or is she actually trying to make a point?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Just to throw something worth actual discussion into the thread.....is there a reason Coulter makes the comments about women that she does? I don't get the impression from her that she's looking for a return to the good old days when women were considered commodities and trophies with no brains or the ability to even have an opinion. Is she being extreme for the sole purpose of making people angry, or is she actually trying to make a point?

she's mad at N.O.W. for many reasons, this is her way of targeting rabidly narrow minded women of that ilk. and i agree with her though her statements are ridiculous in the extreme (on purpose) (to get attention). where's N.O.W. on abuses suffered by women at the hands of fundamentalist islamic sharia law zealots for example, where are they speaking out against honor killings and female "circumcision" and forced marriages? they are notoriously hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.