• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Favorite Ann Coulter Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
It's called bad taste. For a Christian, she sure doesn't act like one. Worse, millions of Christians actually buy her books and nod their heads in approval.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

It's called bad taste. For a Christian, she sure doesn't act like one. Worse, millions of Christians actually buy her books and nod their heads in approval.

Ann Coulter claims to be a Christian??

Wow. If the Religious Right had any sense, they'd disown her in a heartbeat. But then again, their complacency and even agreement of her vitriol is evidence that conservative Christianity is a power system and not a benevolent faith.

Ciscokid

You can knock Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck all day but the liberals are getting their arses handed to them when it comes to political media figures. I think Al Franken took a shot but failed pretty miserably.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
You can knock Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck all day but the liberals are getting their arses handed to them when it comes to political media figures. I think Al Franken took a shot but failed pretty miserably.

John Stewart? Stephen Colbert? David Letterman? Micheal Moore? We prefer to express ourselves through comedy and not hate speech. Still trying to get Jackson and Sharpton to repent. ;)

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
I am starting to really think about the intelligenece of liberals. When you don't understand something, it is easy to condemn it. Coulter's "gay slur" comment was a joke about the absurd situation that former Grey's Anatomy's star Isaiah Washington got himself into by using the word "******." Apparently in our PC culture you need therapy for using a word.

The comment about Edwards dying in a terrorist attack was alluding to Bill Maher's comment about George W. Bush dying in a terrorist attack. Remember that? Probably not, because it did not get much media coverage.

Do you see the point now? I guess joking about our insane PC culture (the Washington fiasco) makes Coulter a hate-filled woman.

And then joking about the hypocrisy in that culture (where using the word "******" requires thearapy but talking about the president being killed by terrorists is no news) makes her an even more of a hate-filled women.

I think Coulter was making a terrific point, but I don't think many people (including the media) got it.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

John Stewart? Stephen Colbert? David Letterman? Micheal Moore? We prefer to express ourselves through comedy and not hate speech. Still trying to get Jackson and Sharpton to repent. ;)

Hee hee, good answer. Have some frubals.

I am starting to really think about the intelligenece of liberals. When you don't understand something, it is easy to condemn it. Coulter's "gay slur" comment was a joke about the absurd situation that former Grey's Anatomy's star Isaiah Washington got himself into by using the word "******." Apparently in our PC culture you need therapy for using a word.

Regarding the highlighted sentence, right back at you. If you choose to not understand those who believe differently than you, at least be man enough to admit it.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Mercy,

Regarding the highlighted sentence, right back at you. If you choose to not understand those who believe differently than you, at least be man enough to admit it.

I know this is not how you meant it, but the Edwards campaign could learn a few things from you.

Smoke

Done here.
For a Christian, she sure doesn't act like one.
I think she does. Her hateful behavior is entirely compatible with Christianity, if not with the teachings of Jesus.

FWorse, millions of Christians actually buy her books and nod their heads in approval.

See?

Christianity is nothing but the beliefs and behavior of Christians. The beliefs and behavior of Ann Coulter are, sadly, symptomatic of the state of Christianity in the United States.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Mercy,

What exactly does this have to do with Ann Coulters?

(Also, no offense, but I honestly hope this isn't a veiled flame; it awful sounds like one.)

Don't worry Mercy, no offense is taken. My point was if the Edwards campaign actually listened to what Coulter said and understood it they wouldn't be using it to raise money right now. Coulter wasn't talking about how she hoped that John Edwards would die in a terrorist attack, she said she should have said that instead of making a joke about the "******" controversy regarding former Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington.

Why? Because Bill Maher said maybe the world would be safer if Dick Cheney (I said President Bush before, that was my mistake) were assassinated (which was attempted in Afghanstan) and the media did next to nothing. There was little outrage over that comment, so Coulter said that maybe instead of joking about Isaiah Washington (which the media pounced on denouncing her) she should of said that the world would be safer if Edwards was killed in a terrorist attack (which would get very little media attention as in the case of Maher).

She was pointing out the hypocrisy in the media that went way over the heads of the Edwards campaign.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Don't worry Mercy, no offense is taken. My point was if the Edwards campaign actually listened to what Coulter said and understood it they wouldn't be using it to raise money right now. Coulter wasn't talking about how she hoped that John Edwards would die in a terrorist attack, she said she should have said that instead of making a joke about the "******" controversy regarding former Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington.

I didn't hear about this story, so I'm not to sure what went down. But quite honestly, I have zero sympathy for a person like Coulter playing the victim card. It's like a schoolyard bully going to the principal complaining that he's being picked on. Boo-hoo, they're both getting a taste of their own medicine!

Why? Because Bill Maher said maybe the world would be safer if Dick Cheney (I said President Bush before, that was my mistake) were assassinated (which was attempted in Afghanstan) and the media did next to nothing. There was little outrage over that comment, so Coulter said that maybe instead of joking about Isaiah Washington (which the media pounced on denouncing her) she should of said that the world would be safer if Edwards was killed in a terrorist attack (which would get very little media attention as in the case of Maher).

She was pointing out the hypocrisy in the media that went way over the heads of the Edwards campaign.

Let me ask you a hard question: Would it have been a good thing had Hitler been assassinated in, say, 1935? Why or why not?

Now imagine if Ann Coulter was as influential a person as...Paris Hilton!

Oh god, that's reviving that image of Paris walking out of jail. :cover: Did anyone see that?

Ciscokid

Now imagine if Ann Coulter was as influential a person as...Paris Hilton!

Oh gosh I HATED when Paris got out of jail....it was everywhere and I couldn't hide from the darn media stations. I didn't want to hear about it because I sincerely couldn't care any less.

Then my parents are in town and they watch the 24 hour news networks. I finally made them change the station because they were playing this instant replay of Paris walking out of jail. I was not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.