• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
:no:! REALLY?

Did you notice how many people dont like christians?

Yeah... so?

There are many people who don't like New Agers.

I can promise you that someone in the world considers me the bad guy.

Someone likely considers you the bad guy. (not me; mind you)

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
:no:! REALLY?

Did you notice how many people dont like christians?

Notice how many people don't like Muslims?
Notice how many people don't like Jews?
Notice how many people don't like Buddhists?
Notice how many people don't like Pagans?
Notice how many people don't like Atheists?

Trust me, you're not special or significant enough to single out, yet you want so badly to play the persecuted martyr role.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Sometimes its easier for people to believe that there are aliens than to believe there is a god.;)

Easier... or more logical.

For many, it's easier to believe in God than to believe that there are aliens.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Sometimes its easier for people to believe that there are aliens than to believe there is a god.;)
I agree. In a way it's more easier to believe there is a substantial thing responsible for substantial things than to believe that there is a nonsubstantialness responsible for substantialness. Yet we're looking in two different ball parks to say "Yes, there is one ball."

Riverwolf

Premium Member
You really think there is a diabolical organization that's going to round up the Christians and them alone because they're the only ones not blind to the truth, bud?

Hey, we can agree with you on certain points, and disagree with you on others.

I don't think Heneni is purposely trying to play the victim here.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I said NOT the Street Fighter movie. :p

(hint: the reference is in the use of the "of course!" on the subject of "taking over the world")

I dont mean to be rude, but would you mind terribly to take your contest to your own thread?

Sorry...but it really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.:areyoucra

Heneni

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I dont mean to be rude, but would you mind terribly to take your contest to your own thread?

Sorry...but it really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.:areyoucra

Heneni

Okies.

If someone wants to guess the reference, PM me.

I'll say no more on that in this thread.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Why would the two be mutually exclusive? Plus life forming on other planets is a feasible possibility given that there are trillions of galaxies with trillions of stars, each with a potential life sustaining planet - the math is in life's favor. Of course if they exist they would have no more religious significance to us than we would to them.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.

It may or may not be easier, but that's irrelevant. Belief in aliens has, ironically, some basis in fact, unlike belief in god. Given the vast number of planets with locations similar to ours, it is highly probable that others have elemental and atmospheric conditions similar to ours, and therefore could have developed sentient life similar to ours. That's not even counting development of sentience by other, completely different routes than DNA.

The idea of rapture is present in both the new age belief mentioned and in christianity, and is equally ridiculous in both cases. But the new ager believes that something which probably exists will be the cause, while christianity believes that something with a very low probability of existence will be the cause. So in a way, the new age belief makes more sense.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why would the two be mutually exclusive? Plus life forming on other planets is a feasible possibility given that there are trillions of galaxies with trillions of stars, each with a potential life sustaining planet - the math is in life's favor. Of course if they exist they would have no more religious significance to us than we would to them.
They're all substance. The issue is what created the substance?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, I was just referring to ad hominem.

I wasn't talking about her in particular, but Christians as a whole being singled out and persecuted as a group by the New Age New World Order, because everyone but the saved will have conveniently been assimilated.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I wasn't talking about her in particular, but Christians as a whole being singled out and persecuted as a group by the New Age New World Order, because everyone but the saved will have conveniently been assimilated.
No offense, but that's still ad hominem. It's about the peoples and their motives, not the thoughts.