• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
thing that bothers me about most of the self-identified New Age people that I know is that their belief system is such a mish-mash of various religious doctrines, philosophys, self-help pseudo-psychology that they tend to momentarily adopt whatever code of morals suits their immediate purposes.

there isn't any kind of real commitment to any specific belief or set of principles (except for the one that says, "We're more spiritually evolved than you so you must perpetually kiss our backsides").

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
thing that bothers me about most of the self-identified New Age people that I know is that their belief system is such a mish-mash of various religious doctrines, philosophys, self-help pseudo-psychology that they tend to momentarily adopt whatever code of morals suits their immediate purposes.

there isn't any kind of real commitment to any specific belief or set of principles (except for the one that says, "We're more spiritually evolved than you so you must perpetually kiss our backsides").
Quagmire, im sure we do not have to be new agers in order to avoid demonizing new agers, and claim that the new age movement conspires for world domination.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Quagmire, im sure we do not have to be new agers in order to avoid demonizing new agers, and claim that the new age movement conspires for world domination.

I'm not trying to demonize New Agers, I'm trying to demonize hypocrites. Where I'm at the "New Age" banner seems to be one of the more popular rallying point for members of, to call it what it is, the Divine Church of the Convienant Double Standard.

It goes by other names in other places.

As far as world domination goes, to me it seems like these folks are just trying to dominate whoever happens to be standing there.

With the "Sacred Self-Righteous Sword of Self-Proclaimed Spiritual Enlightenment, and the Impenetrable Shield of Shallow Politicaly Correct Insencerity" (I've attended some of their meetings).

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent

Switch on the TV and watch a cartoon. There is always something 'trying to take over the world'.

Our kids are familiar with the concept from a young age.

It not being demonized though. Dragonball Z for example shows how mind power can be used to overcome your enemies. The kids grow up thinking there is something trying to hurt the world, and they, if they are the hero, would save the world, from ONE person destroying this world. Instead if all unite together, they can save the world from domination...usually by dominating it themselves.

There is of course some who believe that the movement is largely funded and supported by zionists..

Most people dont have to know that of course. Thats not the goal. The goal is global domination under the pretense of global peace. And the point is also, to not pin point a particular organisation because then it could loose momentum.

Heneni

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'm not trying to demonize New Agers, I'm trying to demonize hypocrites. Where I'm at the "New Age" banner seems to be one of the more popular rallying point for members of, to call it what it is, the Divine Church of the Convienant Double Standard.

It goes by other names in other places.

As far as world domination goes, to me it seems like these folks are just trying to dominate whoever happens to be standing there.

With the "Sacred Self-Righteous Sword of Self-Proclaimed Spiritual Enlightenment, and the Impenetrable Shield of Shallow Politicaly Correct Insencerity" (I've attended some of their meetings).
Im not saying you are demonizing them but this thread certainly makes strange claims, like conspiracy for domination?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Quagmire..

There is of course some who believe that the movement is largely funded and supported by zionists..
Catch my drift? I suggest you read the claims in this thread.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Im not saying you are demonizing them but this thread certainly makes strange claims, like conspiracy for domination?

My internet time these days is so limited I'm playing "hit and run" in the threads. that is; taking a brief glance at the OP and posting whatever pops into my mind, rather than reading the posts and going with the current flow of the thread. :p

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Switch on the TV and watch a cartoon. There is always something 'trying to take over the world'.

Our kids are familiar with the concept from a young age.

It not being demonized though. Dragonball Z for example shows how mind power can be used to overcome your enemies. The kids grow up thinking there is something trying to hurt the world, and they, if they are the hero, would save the world, from ONE person destroying this world. Instead if all unite together, they can save the world from domination...usually by dominating it themselves.

Most people dont have to know that of course. Thats not the goal. The goal is global domination under the pretense of global peace. And the point is also, to not pin point a particular organisation because then it could loose momentum.

Heneni

Those rascally Jews are going to take over the world with their mood crystals, tarot cards and dragon ball Z powers. In fact season 3 was an adaptation of the Protocols of The Elders of Zion. Luckily Super Saiyan Christ will descend and save us.

Heneni

Miss Independent

I would think that the countless of threads that have demonised god, portrayed him as a monster of some sort, a hypocrite...etc...etc...oh there are hundreds of those threads should upset you too....

But it doesnt...dos it?

Anyway...your seeing a conspiracy where there is none. I may post the information that i have....and people can make of it what they like. One can only hope for some sort of open debate without the personal insults and emotional garbage added to it.

I have found that the new age movement have very dodgy roots.
I have found that the movement has links to the UN, to the world health organisation, to our schools, to teaching authorities, to christian churches, to politics. There is evidence of brainwashing and there is evidence of contacting spirits etc...etc... All in all, you can either be a tree hugging new ager, or you can be a more mellow new ager like oprah winfrey. Any which way...the future is here.

They really are all over...and its not a matter of them 'trying to take over the world' its a matter of 'when will they take over the world'.

Its not a movement that on the surface seems harmful. It 'preaches' many of the concepts that are in the bible. I havent completely given up on the idea that there really is a few very old families and old money behind this. And i think that the world federal bank is crucial to this movements success.

People have demonsised god, demonised me, demonised christians. Its a cruel world after all. I dont think that im doing anything wrong to debate this matter and to bring to light that which i find. Just like people question the bible's orgins, jesus christ, noah's flood....in the same way im questioning this movement...why would you mind?
Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Those rascally Jews are going to take over the world with their mood crystals, tarot cards and dragon ball Z powers. In fact season 3 was an adaptation of the Protocols of The Elders of Zion. Luckily Super Saiyan Christ will descend and save us.

If you look at the trumpets and bowls...there isnt a trumpet for world peace, or global environment restoration, or countless miracles and everybody gets healed and delivered and everything is honky dory.

This christ comes with judgement in his wings, not cookies and chocolates and tea cups. I dont think your going to like him much. You dont actually believe he exists...so this is going to be quite a shocker for you:D

Heneni

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I would think that the countless of threads that have demonised god, portrayed him as a monster of some sort, a hypocrite...etc...etc...oh there are hundreds of those threads should upset you too....

But it doesnt...dos it?
1.Obviously you havent read each and every one of my posts.
2.theists and monotheists, mainly Christians, are a large public on RF, they should be able to handle themselves.
3.if you are bothered by certain 'demonization', why havent you taken a lesson from it?

Heneni

Miss Independent
1.Obviously you havent read each and every one of my posts.
2.theists and monotheists, mainly Christians, are a large public on RF, they should be able to handle themselves.
3.if you are bothered by certain 'demonization', why havent you taken a lesson from it?

I know that if i respond to your post, i am at risk of you dragging me into some sort of moral dillema....why arent you different...BS.

Im afraid it has nothing to do with the topic. I think what you need to do, is see if you can find any information that would contribute to the debate. Rather than trying to jump the topic into the ground?

For example...there are links to the ascended masters...i dont know if you know about them...and one of these ascended masters is called george. And george according to some...is a vampire. HE HE...now THERE is an interesting conspiracy! But for the sake of keeping this reasonably above board...we shall not discuss that aspect of the movement. Cause if what i have said up to now has got your knickers in a twist....i dont know how a vampire conspiracy is going to go down.....;)

Heneni

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would think that the countless of threads that have demonised god, portrayed him as a monster of some sort, a hypocrite...etc...etc...oh there are hundreds of those threads should upset you too.... But it doesnt...dos it?

The HUGE difference between the two is actual evidence to validate the claims. We don't portray god as a monster, the bible does a good enough job on it's own (ever actually read it?).

This christ comes with judgement in his wings, not cookies and chocolates and tea cups. I dont think your going to like him much. You dont actually believe he exists...so this is going to be quite a shocker for you:D

And here you were crying about people portraying him as a monster. But really, why would I fear a cheap Krishna imitation? I would grab him by the beard and set him strait, thus canceling the apocalyptic cartoon.

Heneni

Miss Independent
The HUGE difference between the two is actual evidence to validate the claims. We don't portray god as a monster, the bible does a good enough job on it's own (ever actually read it?).

And here you were crying about people portraying him as a monster. But really, why would I fear a cheap Krishna imitation? I would grab him by the beard and set him strait, thus canceling the apocalyptic cartoon.

I think your trying to be half hit man half monk. Arrogance and self-awareness seldom go hand in hand.

Your not a christian so you have no idea what this movements implications are for them, and you have never been a new ager so you have little if any background or understanding of either of them either way. You must be participating here to get some attention. Which i hope will satisfy you greatly. I dont think that i can get anything remotely emotionally honest from you on this topic. Since you have no belief in ANY god.

So your posts are filled with ignorance and speculation. You cannot possibly know what this means for a christian, or what it means for a new-ager.

And who is this 'we' you talk about. Do you imagine by using the world 'we' you might appear to have more clout than you actually do?

Your 'we' and my 'me' have nothing in common.

Unless you have anything, that is, if you have any evidence to prove my posts to the contrary..please do post them at your earliest convenience.

Heneni

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
I think your trying to be half hit man half monk. Arrogance and self-awareness seldom go hand in hand.

Your not a christian so you have no idea what this movements implications are for them, and you have never been a new ager so you have little if any background or understanding of either of them either way. You must be participating here to get some attention. Which i hope will satisfy you greatly. I dont think that i can get anything remotely emotionally honest from you on this topic. Since you have no belief in ANY god.

So your posts are filled with ignorance and speculation. You cannot possibly know what this means for a christian, or what it means for a new-ager.

And who is this 'we' you talk about. Do you imagine by using the world 'we' you might appear to have more clout than you actually do?

Your 'we' and my 'me' have nothing in common.

Unless you have anything, that is, if you have any evidence to prove my posts to the contrary..please do post them at your earliest convenience.

Heneni

Hi! I'm Imagist and I'm an ex-christian, so I know exactly what the implications of the "new age movement" is to christianity. And yet somehow I can't think what bearing those implications have on anything Father Heathen said.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
But I've already explained logically why your claims are unrealistic and unlikely. You're the one making the outrageous claims and outlandish accusations with little to no evidence to support it, and the burden of proof lies upon you. How can you pretend to be surprised that such ridicilous conspiracy theories are met with ridicule?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Lets look at the more spiritual side of the new age movement. Not everybody is into calling up spirits and stuff like that. But it sure is part of many of the new agers belief. Jesus christ is not in this picture.

Lets take a well known spirit guide.

James Van Praagh. This is what he does:

James Van Praagh (b. August 23, 1958, Bayside, New York) is a best selling author, who describes himself as a medium with the ability to communicate with spirits of the dead. Van Praagh has written several books dealing with the subject of paraphsychology . From 2002 to 2003, he hosted a syndicated daytime talk show entitled "Beyond With James Van Praagh." He subsequently partnered with CBS to produce several tv-movies and mini-series based on his books, including "Living With The Dead" and "The Dead Will Tell." He is currently the co-Executive Producer of the television series Ghost Wisperer on CBS.
This is what he says about god:

Where does God reside? My answer is: within you. Within the very core of you. GOD IS YOUR ESSENCE. God is life itself. I don’t believe that God is a figure in space looking down on us. And while there have been many who have represented the great Light of God in human form, the same God spark that was in them is in each one of us . . . everyone else has this same light, too. The difference may be in the degree—some lights are brighter than others, and some lights are very dim.”
SOURCE: James Van Praagh, Talking to Heaven: A Medium’s Message of Life After Death (New York: Dutton, Penguin Putnam, Inc.,1997), p.28. (capitals added for emphasis)

It sounds so much like christianity. But channeling, and calling up spirits and stuff like that is definetely forbidden in the bible.

He's trying to make it sound like a 'god in the sky' is a stupid concept. Maybe because he does not know where god is. He's right about god being in his children, but he is wrong when he says that god is in every person.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Something else that van praag said:

“First of all, I do believe in God. In fact, I BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ALL GOD.”

SOURCE: James Van Praagh, Talking to Heaven: A Medium’s Message of Life After Death (New York: Dutton, Penguin Putnam, Inc.,1997), p.27,191.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
But I've already explained logically why your claims are unrealistic and unlikely. You're the one making the outrageous claims and outlandish accusations with little to no evidence to support it, and the burden of proof lies upon you. How can you pretend to be surprised that such ridicilous conspiracy theories are met with ridicule?
But you "explain" in the context of mythology being actualized, and that's never the case, not if it's to be proper mythology.