• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I believe that at some point, and it is different everybody that seeks to feel united to the universe, something happens and they just 'know' they are part of it all.

I know someone who felt part of the universe for the first time, while she made a cheese sandwich. The feeling, or the experience feels very much the same as some kind of sexual high. Though its not about sex.

Some people feel this while in nature...there could be MANY different ways.

What is interesting though..is the fact that it is likened to a sexual feeling. Very much falls in line with the seducing spirit that satan used on eve.

Any thoughts on this?

I hardly ever feel that. I believe unity is achieved not through a sexual-ish feeling, but through work. Giving to the world, and living in it. I don't think its signified by a nice feeling at all.

Not only that, I don't believe it was Satan who tempted Eve in the first place.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Would you mind highlighting the differences between your beliefs and that of the new age movement? I am posting a short summary of the new age movent. Your own individual beliefs are rooted in paganism. Which parts of your beliefs overlaps with the new age movement?

Simply reading through the first part tells me that I'm not a member of the New Age movement, because it speaks of "utopia" which I believe is an impossibility; even in Paradise there will be someone who is discontent. (if you've read "The Giver" you'd know what I mean... though the world portrayed there is hardly a "utopia")

And you know that I read and absorb the Bible. I believe that certain books of the Bible are wonderful for spiritual growth.

My paganistic beliefs don't venture too far beyond polytheism and a belief in the living Gaia. And I follow the Wiccan Creed: "At harm none, do as you will."

Heneni

Miss Independent
Barbara Marciniak is a well known channelor.

She claims she is in contact with the Pleiadians. They are a collective of multidimensional spirit beings from the Pleiades star system, and have been speaking through Barbara Marciniak since May .

Its not unusual to find new agers who believe in the existance of aliens. I believe in the possibility of aliens as well.

She has said something quite interesting about the rapture. Its always funny when christians talk about the rapture..but when other religions start acknowledging the rapture...its even stranger. But what makes it mostly strange..is that the rapture, is not some sort of taking away from this earth the righteous, but rather the earth's purging of people who have not lifted their consciousness.

This is what she said about the rapture:

"The people who leave the planet during the time of Earth changes do not fit in here
any longer, and they are stopping the harmony of Earth. When the time comes
that perhaps 20 million people leave the planet at one time there will be
a tremendous shift in consciousness for those who are remaining."
-Barbara Marciniak, "Bringers of the Dawn" (a Newager)

So when the rapture does take place, the idea is to comfort those people who remain by telling them that the 'odd ones out' have been eliminated and the rest that is left...is on a higher spiritual plane.

Hmmm...anyway....there are some new agers who believe that we are in for an alien mass visit very soon. Whether these aliens are coming to 'help' is debatable.​

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
This isn't really any weirder than believing in human parthenogenesis or all-powerful beings that require the killing of goats.

Heneni

Miss Independent
NEWSFLASH: When the christians are raptured...the rest of the world will be a much better place...HE HE.....:beach:

New Age author Kay Wheeler (known by her spiritual name, Ozmana), who describes herself as a Pleiadian star seed and channeler, published an article entitled, The Time Is Now, in the New Age journal Connecting Link magazine (spring 1994) (3). She presented material that she had channeled from entities that called themselves the "Souls of Light," who claim to be ETs from the "Seventh Celestial Plane of Life" who are concerned with helping earth evolve to full consciousness. Here she writes of the evolutionary purge,
"The Mother is desperately fighting for her life. Many of her vortexes have been drained. She is in critical condition at this time and must turn her thoughts to herself if she is to survive. That is why you see the many crises in the world. many of these you do not hear about on your 'screen of lies.'"
"There is much happening on your planet at this time. The Mother is cleansing. It is all she knows to do at this time to clear herself of the pollution that exists within her body. But you as light bearers can help your Mother cleanse in such a way that does not destroy all life on this planet."
"Much of this is necessary. Many of these beings have appointments to leave at this time. Earth's population needs to be decreased to bring forth the necessary changes upon this planet to move into the fourth dimension."
"Your Earth is a fourth-dimensional being at this time. She has moved into this energy pattern, and those who plan to stay must be of this vibration."
"Many of these beings who are leaving this planet at this time have completed that which they came to do. It is a time of great rejoicing for them. Do not feel sad about their leaving. They are going home. Many are waiting to be with them again... Many beings must move on, for their thought patterns are of the past. They hold on to these thoughts that keep Earth held back."

She is assuming that there is a river left to salvage...a mountain still standing, a fish left in the sea....a moon, and stars, and a sun.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Switch on the TV and watch a cartoon. There is always something 'trying to take over the world'.

Our kids are familiar with the concept from a young age.

It not being demonized though. Dragonball Z for example shows how mind power can be used to overcome your enemies. The kids grow up thinking there is something trying to hurt the world, and they, if they are the hero, would save the world, from ONE person destroying this world. Instead if all unite together, they can save the world from domination...usually by dominating it themselves.

There is of course some who believe that the movement is largely funded and supported by zionists..

Most people dont have to know that of course. Thats not the goal. The goal is global domination under the pretense of global peace. And the point is also, to not pin point a particular organisation because then it could loose momentum.

Heneni

Hey! Dragonball Z is awesome!

But when last I looked, Akira Toriyama isn't exactly a household name.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hey! Dragonball Z is awesome!

But when last I looked, Akira Toriyama isn't exactly a household name.

I think there are many cartoons ...actually probably most of them, who have a character in it that is 'trying to take over the world'.

Heneni

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I think there are many cartoons ...actually probably most of them, who have a character in it that is 'trying to take over the world'.

Heneni

raul-julia-bison.jpg
OF COURSE!! :D (frubals for those who can guess the reference... and NOT the SF movie)

Did you ever notice that the guys wanting to take over the world are the BAD GUYS?!

Yeesh... this is like Germany banning Wolfenstein 3D because there are Nazis in it... even though you're KILLING them!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
raul-julia-bison.jpg
of course!! :d (frubals for those who can guess the reference... And not the sf movie)

did you ever notice that the guys wanting to take over the world are the bad guys?!

Yeesh... This is like germany banning wolfenstein 3d because there are nazis in it... Even though you're killing them!
street fighter!

doppelganger

NEWSFLASH: When the christians are raptured...the rest of the world will be a much better place...HE HE.....:beach:

New Age author Kay Wheeler (known by her spiritual name, Ozmana), who describes herself as a Pleiadian star seed and channeler, published an article entitled, The Time Is Now, in the New Age journal Connecting Link magazine (spring 1994) (3). She presented material that she had channeled from entities that called themselves the "Souls of Light," who claim to be ETs from the "Seventh Celestial Plane of Life" who are concerned with helping earth evolve to full consciousness. Here she writes of the evolutionary purge,
"The Mother is desperately fighting for her life. Many of her vortexes have been drained. She is in critical condition at this time and must turn her thoughts to herself if she is to survive. That is why you see the many crises in the world. many of these you do not hear about on your 'screen of lies.'"
"There is much happening on your planet at this time. The Mother is cleansing. It is all she knows to do at this time to clear herself of the pollution that exists within her body. But you as light bearers can help your Mother cleanse in such a way that does not destroy all life on this planet."
"Much of this is necessary. Many of these beings have appointments to leave at this time. Earth's population needs to be decreased to bring forth the necessary changes upon this planet to move into the fourth dimension."
"Your Earth is a fourth-dimensional being at this time. She has moved into this energy pattern, and those who plan to stay must be of this vibration."
"Many of these beings who are leaving this planet at this time have completed that which they came to do. It is a time of great rejoicing for them. Do not feel sad about their leaving. They are going home. Many are waiting to be with them again... Many beings must move on, for their thought patterns are of the past. They hold on to these thoughts that keep Earth held back."

She is assuming that there is a river left to salvage...a mountain still standing, a fish left in the sea....a moon, and stars, and a sun.

There are idiot "Christians" too, just for the record.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.

Still not a stranger assumption than assuming that humans will be sent to either a place with clouds or a place with fire, dependent on their belief in something completely invisible, odorless, silent, weightless, and tasteless.

doppelganger

Still not a stranger assumption than assuming that humans will be sent to either a place with clouds or a place with fire, dependent on their belief in something completely invisible, odorless, silent, weightless, and tasteless.

Touche.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
doppelgänger;1385221 said:
street fighter!

I said NOT the Street Fighter movie. :p

(hint: the reference is in the use of the "of course!" on the subject of "taking over the world")

Heneni

Miss Independent

Sometimes its easier for people to believe that there are aliens than to believe there is a god.;)