• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No to Fake Meat

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Do you know if a fly or deer or elephant or shark thinks the same thing?
I don't know and to be honest I also don't much care. That being said, I do have more empathy for an elephant than I do a fly. Also, I don't hunt deer because I don't like killing animals. But I will if I have to choose between an animal's life and a human's life.

Kathryn

Could you make your mind up?
My mind is made up. As you can probably tell, I believe I am superior to other animals. but I am an animal all the same. And then some. LOL
Hey, get this - I also believe that you are superior to other animals so if a house was burning and I had to choose between "Save Secret Chief or save a flea," I'd choose saving you! Don't you feel special?

We Never Know

No Slack
Sure it does. Just because we are animals doesn't mean we arent superior and more valuable. Why is this a problem for you? What's the need for reducing humans to the level of other animals?

Go get dropped off in Africa with just your clothes. Then tell me how you are superior to the lion that's fixing to eat you.

Go get dropped off in the middle of the ocean with just your clothes and tell me how you are superior to a dolphin that can out swim you.

Go get dropped off in the arctic with just your clothes and tell me how you are superior to a penguin that breeds there.

If you are following along with the above examples you will see humans are not superior, our inventions are. Take away our inventions and 80% or more of humans would die off.

Here's the kicker .... Other species survive and thrive without our inventions. That my friend is superior.

Ignatius A

Go get dropped off in Africa with just your clothes. Then tell me how you are superior to the lion that's fixing to eat you.

Go get dropped off in the middle of the ocean with just your clothes and tell me how you are superior to a dolphin that can out swim you.

Go get dropped off in the arctic with just your clothes and tell me how you are superior to a penguin that breeds there.

If you are following along with the above examples you will see humans are not superior, our inventions are. Take away our inventions and 80% or more of humans would die off.

Here's the kicker .... Other species survive and thrive without our inventions. That my friend is superior.
Humans are then superior animal with the capacity to kill every other animal. The fact we have to capacity to overcome our "limitations" makes humans superior. I'm sorry that offends you and your dog but I can't help that

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Humans are then superior animal with the capacity to kill every other animal. The fact we have to capacity to overcome our "limitations" makes humans superior. I'm sorry that offends you and your dog but I can't help that

You don't know if it offends me or anybody else. In the end it invokes another feeling in me at least.

Kathryn

Has anyone here read the book Dominion, by Matthew Scully? It's really a game changer. I couldn't even finish it.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Well, you probably wouldn't like it because it does come from a Catholic perspective (I think Matthew Scully is Catholic but it's been awhile since I read it so I could be wrong) and humans are considered to be superior to animals. But that does NOT give us the right to mistreat animals! I had to quit reading it when the author went into a ton of detail about chicken farms and dairy farms. It was a very interesting book, however.

Look it up - it's really good. But you will not wear leather or eat meat afterward! LOL

Last edited:

Ignatius A

Well, it saddens me when people don't understand how cognition and emotions work, because it can end in causing harm.
I know all too well how cognition and emotions work. You function on emotion I function on cognition. I agree. Functioning on emotions can cause great harm. Look at someone like hitler. It shows us how harmful it is to function on anger and hatred.