• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No to Fake Meat

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Very good. You're superior to sharks and every other animal.

Humans are superior though.

How do you know they live "well" without it? You know they live without it but the "well" part is just your opinion, unless you're dr dolittle.

Your opinion, my opinion is humans need aids to live, have to modify their environment to be comfortable, to work for a living and keep the tax man in the manner he has become accustomed.
To me that doesn't make humans superior but it does make them weak.

Animals live, they eat, they play, they ****, they don't kowtow to the boss or bow down and pay the tax man. Thats pretty good living ti think

Ignatius A

Your opinion, my opinion is humans need aids to live, have to modify their environment to be comfortable, to work for a living and keep the tax man in the manner he has become accustomed.

Animals live, they eat, they play, they ****, they don't kowtow to the boss or bow down and pay the tax man. Thats pretty good living ti think
LMAO according to you we should dead. The fact we aren't is proof of our superiority

Ignatius A

Just been through all that
I don't care. The argument, "We're animals too" is intellectually weak and it certainly doesnt do anything to disprove humans are the superior animal. It's like saying a Rolls Royce Phantom VII cant be superior to a Chevy Malibu because they're both cars. That's idiotic at best.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

They also (the vast majority of them) don't live as long as we do, and domesticated animals depend on us to feed and water them, otherwise they would starve to death most likely. And have you ever been around, for instance, a deer that lives in the wild? And thinking about my two cats, they also have to go to the vet when I choose and they have body parts cut off them or out of them, and all sorts of things stuck in and up them, and they really have no control over their lives. Plus they have got to be bored hanging out inside my house all the time.

My dad always used to say "All pet stories have sad endings," and I think he's probably right. But if you'd rather trade places with an animal, be my guest.

Sometimes life gets complicated and I find myself looking at my cats and thinking "Wow, they've got it made and don't even know it," but then they also can't just jump in the car and go wherever when they want, nor can they do all sorts of things I have the freedom to do. So with great freedom comes great responsibility and I'm fine with that.

ChristineM

Premium Member
LMAO according to you we should dead. The fact we aren't is proof of our superiority

Eh, where do you get we should be dead from? This is what i don't like about you, you make **** up then blame you opponent for it, its insulting and childish.

We are proof of civilisation. You may think that is superior, i think it just a way of life

Ignatius A

They also (the vast majority of them) don't live as long as we do, and domesticated animals depend on us to feed and water them, otherwise they would starve to death most likely. And have you ever been around, for instance, a deer that lives in the wild? And thinking about my two cats, they also have to go to the vet when I choose and they have body parts cut off them or out of them, and all sorts of things stuck in and up them, and they really have no control over their lives. Plus they have got to be bored hanging out inside my house all the time.

My dad always used to say "All pet stories have sad endings," and I think he's probably right. But if you'd rather trade places with an animal, be my guest.
They certainly don't believe they are any better than animals. It actually amazes me

Ignatius A

Eh, where do you get we should be dead from? This is what i don't like about you, you make **** up then blame you opponent for it, its insulting and childish.

We are proof of civilisation. You may think that is superior, i think it just a way of life
It is a way of life. An superior way of life.

I'd like to say what you like about me matters but I don't like to lie.

ChristineM

Premium Member

So a few, very few scientists have the nouse to realise that decent food can extend life expectancy. It's only in the last couple of hundred years where life expectancy has quadrupled. What about the hundreds of thousands of years before that?

Yup deer are free to do as they please, you can't say that about humans.

So you didn't visit the doctors for your knee? Do cats get bored? I thought that was a human thing.

quote-9-boredom.jpg

I think your dad meant sad for the human because pets die leaving the human to mourn.

I am an animal

ChristineM

Premium Member
So a few, very few scientists have the nouse to realise that decent food can extend life expectancy

I will add, that one military doctor in the 19c realised that moving the latrines away from the kitchen area prevented dysentery and increase life expectancy overnight

Kathryn

So a few, very few scientists have the nouse to realise that decent food can extend life expectancy. It's only in the last couple of hundred years where life expectancy has quadrupled. What about the hundreds of thousands of years before that?

Yup deer are free to do as they please, you can't say that about humans.

So you didn't visit the doctors for your knee? Do cats get bored? I thought that was a human thing.

View attachment 92418

I think your dad meant sad for the human because pets die leaving the human to mourn.

I am an animal

Good. I am also an animal and I am superior to flies, fleas, ticks, etc. My dad always just said that, by the way. He said it often and he would agree with me that we're superior when it comes to the animal kingdom, and he was a real softy when it came to pets. (I updated the thread about the winners or random announcements or whatever by the way about my knee.) If I was one of my cats, I might be put down, or maybe not, but the point is that it would depend on cost alone, unfortunately. Cats are only worth so much. Humans, not so much. I'd go a lot further with a human than I would with a cat or flea, or fly, or tick. By the way, any animal caught in my house is open game. Spiders, bugs, you name it - they're dead. Hey, don't come in my house.

Kathryn

Human decision

Ask the psychopath with the gun how much another person's life is worth.

I would usually try catch them and take them outside. Unless they are near food then, bye bye fly
But they are animals! As for psychopaths with guns, who are thankfully rare, I can't worry about them. I have my hands full taking care of my own self! LOL

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Sorry, doesn't say anything about a mind, which is what I am discussing.
Back to #621 again. Definition of mind:

"a
: the element or complex of elements in an individual that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and especially reasons
b
: the conscious mental events and capabilities in an organism
c
: the organized conscious and unconscious adaptive mental activity of an organism"

- Definition of MIND

Note the word organism, not just human.

What is your take on this?