• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No to Fake Meat

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
5 Things Your Cat Can Do Better Than you
Sleeping

Other than hibernating species, surely no other animal can beat the ability of the cat to snooze the day away. While we humans may spend a third of our lives in a recumbent snoozing state, cats may spend three-quarters of their life sleeping and dreaming. This helps them retain energy for other important duties – like eating or pouncing and playing on unsuspecting owners!

Your cat may be dreaming as it sleeps. You will see it twitch and move as it dreams. Or it may sleep with one ear tuned in to your movements, ready to be awakened and interact with a toy or its food bowl. No wonder we call it catnapping!

Pouncing

Cats are natural pouncers and jumpers. With streamlined bodies, flexible spines, powerful legs and effective claws developed to hunt in the wild, your cat can scale walls and fences or jump onto your bench tops at home or perhaps even your ankles when you least expect an attack!

Cats can jump tremendous heights and also leap great divides - much greater distances, relative to our respective sizes, than any human high or long jumper. This ability enables them to move swiftly with maximum effect. They cannot sustain lengthy runs, but they can attack at a moment’s notice.

Hearing

Cats can hear noises in the ultrasound range. While we hear up to around 23 KHz, cats hear up to around 85 KHz, the sounds that rats and mice make. Instead of hunting these days, they are much more likely to recognize the sounds of the cat food tin opening or the rattling of the biscuit container!

Cats have 32 muscles in each ear, enabling them to move their ears in any direction and each ear independently of the other. Humans have 3 muscles in their ears. We can barely move our ears at all.

Seeing in the dark

While owners struggle to navigate their house and yard overnight, cats are at one with their nocturnal surroundings. With their ability to dilate their pupils and a reflective layer – the tapetum – which concentrates light, cats are adept at nighttime vision and activity. This is one reason they will gladly wake you at any opportunity!

Flirting

You may think that you are captivating, but your cat is so much more skilled at getting your attention - on their terms! They rub up against you; they drop to the floor and roll; they wink at you; they purr and meow – all to get your attention. While, at times, your cat may seem to ignore you, you are indeed special to your cat, and they want to show you their love and affection. Sometimes it comes with a tooth and claw attack and sometimes with a smooch and purr. That’s life with a cat.

Cats vs Humans: The Differences - Purina

And, they didn't even mention the butt licking...
I've never seen anything built by a cat. Also, for all that, my two indoor cats are dependent on a human to survive.

Kathryn

I'm talking about animals with similar brain structures to ours. Neocortex. Frontal lobes. Stuff like that.
Apparently, it's been discovered that birds also have something comparable to our neocortex. Birds are quite intelligent.
That's why birds are included.
But to be honest, you did specify mammals.

Kathryn

Well, yes. And then something changed.
Sometime in debates I learn something new that changes something old I held as a fact. I then change what I consider a fact. I have also observed that in some other humans, but not all.

OK. I change my mind sometimes too.

So are we also now including birds as being on the same level as humans?

Ignatius A

Well, yes. And then something changed.
Sometime in debates I learn something new that changes something old I held as a fact. I then change what I consider a fact. I have also observed that in some other humans, but not all.
If you bought a motorcycle from me would you be happy if, when you came to get it, I rolled out a bicycle?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I've never seen anything built by a cat.

I know people who've never built anything either. Does that make them inferior. And of course there are animals who build things. Maybe cats simply don't want to build anything like folks who are architecturally challenged.

Also, for all that, my two indoor cats are dependent on a human to survive.

That's your fault. I have had several independent felines. Obviously keeping captive inside retards their survival skills.

Kathryn

I know people who've never built anything either. Does that make them inferior. And of course there are animals who build things. Maybe cats simply don't want to build anything like folks who are architecturally challenged.

That's your fault. I have had several independent felines. Obviously keeping captive inside retards their survival skills.
It also keeps them alive for a lot longer but oh well. Lots and lots of people keep their cats mostly or always indoors. But what do we know? LOL

Ignatius A

Not doing something isnt the same as lacking the capacity to do something. Beavers build fantastic dams. Dynamite is sometimes needed to remove them. I wonder if they would build.ahiuse for me if I asked?

Kathryn

Not doing something isnt the same as lacking the capacity to do something. Beavers build fantastic dams. Dynamite is sometimes needed to remove them. I wonder if they would build.ahiuse for me if I asked?
Probably not. But some humans would, if you paid them.

Ignatius A

It also keeps them alive for a lot longer but oh well. Lots and lots of people keep their cats mostly or always indoors. But what do we know? LOL
Right. That cat that loves you so much will surely call the ambulance for you if, God forbid, you have an accident.