• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No to Fake Meat

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I love how agitaged you people are.

I have substantiated it. People don't agree. They could move on but they don't. For some reason this issue really agitated people. It really seems to bother people that they are superior to animals. Why is that?

You have when you have done so explained how you think/feel, but you have given no evidence as per what makes a fact a fact. That is clear to the rest of us, who have followed this.

Ignatius A

You have when you have done so explained how you think/feel, but you have given no evidence as per what makes a fact a fact. That is clear to the rest of us, who have followed this.
I sure have you just don't agree. In spite of what you believe consensus doesnt make things true, right or just.

Tell me why the fact that humans are superior to animals is so troubling for you.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
"How about mammals, which are the examples we were giving. You know, animals that have similar brain structures to ours."
But then someone went on to post about birds, which aren't even mammals. Maybe it was you, I don't know and am disinclined to go back through these absurd posts to try to find it. Anyway, I don't recall you dissenting.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I love how agitaged you people are.

I have substantiated it. People don't agree. They could move on but they don't. For some reason this issue really agitated people. It really seems to bother people that they are superior to animals. Why is that?
You seem to have mistaken "mild amusement" with agitation.

The only one who seems agitated here is you, funnily enough.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
But then someone went on to post about birds, which aren't even mammals. Maybe it was you, I don't know and am disinclined to go back through these absurd posts to try to find it. Anyway, I don't recall you dissenting.

Whatever you say, dear. I find it to be ridiculous.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Ignatius A

You seem to have mistaken "mild amusement" with agitation.

The only one who seems agitated here is you, funnily enough.
If you have to tell me you aren't agitated then you are.

Tell me why the fact that humans are superior to animals is so difficult for you to accept.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
They also (the vast majority of them) don't live as long as we do, and domesticated animals depend on us to feed and water them, otherwise they would starve to death most likely. And have you ever been around, for instance, a deer that lives in the wild? And thinking about my two cats, they also have to go to the vet when I choose and they have body parts cut off them or out of them, and all sorts of things stuck in and up them, and they really have no control over their lives. Plus they have got to be bored hanging out inside my house all the time.

My dad always used to say "All pet stories have sad endings," and I think he's probably right. But if you'd rather trade places with an animal, be my guest.

Sometimes life gets complicated and I find myself looking at my cats and thinking "Wow, they've got it made and don't even know it," but then they also can't just jump in the car and go wherever when they want, nor can they do all sorts of things I have the freedom to do. So with great freedom comes great responsibility and I'm fine with that.

There are things cats can do that I can't, like lick my backside.
I don't know that the ability to do something another species can't necessarily makes us superior.