• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahs Ark

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Well, that would certainly support the eastern belief of the same story :D

You would be hard pressed to find biblically proportioned floods in the last 40,000 years. If anything, the floods we've had in recent history would easily be larger considering the earth is warming up, as a result the ocean is getting warmer, and therefore cloud formation is increasing. Maybe the story of Noah is a revelation yet to come true :eek::eek::eek:???

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You would be hard pressed to find biblically proportioned floods in the last 40,000 years. If anything, the floods we've had in recent history would easily be larger considering the earth is warming up, as a result the ocean is getting warmer, and therefore cloud formation is increasing. Maybe the story of Noah is a revelation yet to come true :eek::eek::eek:???

Highly doubtful. I'm sure it would be clear as a prediction. And we don't need any mroe doomsday theories!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Highly doubtful. I'm sure it would be clear as a prediction. And we don't need any mroe doomsday theories!

According to Genesis the Rainbow is a sign or promise to us that the earth will never again be flooded.

The good news of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) that is now proclaimed on a global scale (Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20) is not doom and gloom for the humble meek ones of the earth. At Matthew (5:5) Jesus referred to Psalm (37:11,29,38). There it says not only will the meek (upright) inherit the earth they will reside forever upon it. Psalm (92:7) points out divine intervention will happen when the wicked cover the earth just as grass or vegetation does. Proverbs (2:21,22) also informs that the wicked will be removed from earth but the upright remain.

Isaiah (11:4) and Revelation (19:11,15) both say the wicked will be removed (not by water) but by the words from Christ's mouth. Jesus words will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to slay the wicked. Jeremiah the prophet (25:31-33) also says the wicked will be destroyed from one end of the earth to the other.

When Jesus takes action it will be doomsday for the wicked, but eternal life for the upright, righteous meek of the earth. Jesus will usher in peace on earth and peace to men of goodwill.

OmarKhayyam

According to Genesis the Rainbow is a sign or promise to us that the earth will never again be flooded.

The good news of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) that is now proclaimed on a global scale (Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20) is not doom and gloom for the humble meek ones of the earth. At Matthew (5:5) Jesus referred to Psalm (37:11,29,38). There it says not only will the meek (upright) inherit the earth they will reside forever upon it. Psalm (92:7) points out divine intervention will happen when the wicked cover the earth just as grass or vegetation does. Proverbs (2:21,22) also informs that the wicked will be removed from earth but the upright remain.

Isaiah (11:4) and Revelation (19:11,15) both say the wicked will be removed (not by water) but by the words from Christ's mouth. Jesus words will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to slay the wicked. Jeremiah the prophet (25:31-33) also says the wicked will be destroyed from one end of the earth to the other.

When Jesus takes action it will be doomsday for the wicked, but eternal life for the upright, righteous meek of the earth. Jesus will usher in peace on earth and peace to men of goodwill.

It is hard to believe that seemingly rational people actually take this stuff seriously.:facepalm:

BTW, URA this divinely inspired and far seeing prophet thinks the earth has "corners."

Oh wait, that little phrase is poetic. ALL the rest is the literal WoG.

R-i-i-i-ght!:rolleyes:

MSizer

MSizer
"Jesus words will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to slay the wicked"

Wow, now there's a side of Jesus I didn't know about. Isn't it wonderful that he is so loving? I guess the Muslims must all have it wrong. Apparently the Al-Mahdi won't be able to make it when Jesus and he are supposed to wage war together against the Dajjal. Oh well, sounds like Jesus will evoke a wrath just fine on his own.

I thank the sun every day that Jesus and Mohamed stories are purely myths, and pray to Joe Pesci every day for gullible people to open their eyes.

Last edited:

richardlowellt

No, you have it wrong, the rainbow is to remind all of humanity or all times just what a pr--k this God really was.

Is this the same Jesus that was suppose to have preached love, compassion, and understanding? Just doesn't seem like the same guy, oh well!!!!

Arlanbb

Base on the current information I have available I take the flood account literally. But I'm not giong to kill myself if it turns out that it's not literal. I would excpet that people should be willing to change and improve their opinions as more accurate information becomes available.
Sola'lor ~ if the Genesus Deluge really happened when did it happen? Give us a date for it. :D

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
If anything, the floods we've had in recent history would easily be larger considering the earth is warming up, as a result the ocean is getting warmer, and therefore cloud formation is increasing. Maybe the story of Noah is a revelation yet to come true :eek::eek::eek:???
Where is all of the extra water going to come from in this little scenario?

Arlanbb

Where is all of the extra water going to come from in this little scenario?
That's a simple one to answer. You don't need "extra water" just use the water you already have on earth. All you have to do is sink all the land around you far enought so that all the land is underwater and add few rain drops and you have a biblical deluge. At the end of 150 days raise the land so it is all above sea level so it can dry out and presto the biblical story could be true. :rolleyes:

richardlowellt

That's a simple one to answer. You don't need "extra water" just use the water you already have on earth. All you have to do is sink all the land around you far enought so that all the land is underwater and add few rain drops and you have a biblical deluge. At the end of 150 days raise the land so it is all above sea level so it can dry out and presto the biblical story could be true. :rolleyes:

I can't tell if your serious or not, please remember that sometimes being sarcastic is taken as a serious position. I know you can't be serious about "sinking" all the land, and then "raising" it, we both know how foolish such a premise is.

Arlanbb

I can't tell if your serious or not, please remember that sometimes being sarcastic is taken as a serious position. I know you can't be serious about "sinking" all the land, and then "raising" it, we both know how foolish such a premise is.
Hey I was just trying to show anybody that there is a simple way the biblical deluge could be done using the existing water we have on earth. If God was going to make it rain cats and dogs and everything else heavely for 40 days and nights, God could also lower the land mass to bring in the water that is already on earth to flood the lowered land. Then raise it back up so the water goes back to where it originally started from. I didn't say this is what happened but it is just as logical as can be to do it that way as any. Raining 40 days and nights would require a unheard amount of water in the sky to flood the earth. This solves having to explain having to account for "extra water" coming and going - dosen't it.;)

richardlowellt

Hey I was just trying to show anybody that there is a simple way the biblical deluge could be done using the existing water we have on earth. If God was going to make it rain cats and dogs and everything else heavely for 40 days and nights, God could also lower the land mass to bring in the water that is already on earth to flood the lowered land. Then raise it back up so the water goes back to where it originally started from. I didn't say this is what happened but it is just as logical as can be to do it that way as any. Raining 40 days and nights would require a unheard amount of water in the sky to flood the earth. This solves having to explain having to account for "extra water" coming and going - dosen't it.;)

Why even bother to show how a global flood could have happened, what's the point? It never happened, why try and solve an impossible premise? How about====God made the earth half it's size so the existing water now covered the entire planet, after a time he returned the earth to it's normal size, end of flood, see anything works!!!! IT NEVER HAPPENED, SO WHY BELABOR THE ISSUE?

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Why even bother to show how a global flood could have happened, what's the point? It never happened, why try and solve an impossible premise? How about====God made the earth half it's size so the existing water now covered the entire planet, after a time he returned the earth to it's normal size, end of flood, see anything works!!!! IT NEVER HAPPENED, SO WHY BELABOR THE ISSUE?

Call it "Sponge Earth Theory". You can even demonstrate it with a sponge and some water. You'll probably get a Templeton Prize for it. That is, if you're willing to shed all moral high ground you have :p.

Arlanbb

Hey Guy ~ You started BELABORING THE ISSUE when you asked the question about the "Extra Water" that was needed for the biblical deluge that you know never happened. My answer is no more "FOOLISH" than having tons and tons of water in the air so that when it starts raining for 40 days and night on earth to flood it to the mountain tops. If there had been that much water in our air around the earth nothing could have lived on earth because the weight of all the water would have crushed them to death. When you really study my solution it make a lot more sence than tons of water in the air and you don't have the problem of where the "Extra Water" went to.;)

richardlowellt

Hey Guy ~ You started BELABORING THE ISSUE when you asked the question about the "Extra Water" that was needed for the biblical deluge that you know never happened. My answer is no more "FOOLISH" than having tons and tons of water in the air so that when it starts raining for 40 days and night on earth to flood it to the mountain tops. If there had been that much water in our air around the earth nothing could have lived on earth because the weight of all the water would have crushed them to death. When you really study my solution it make a lot more sence than tons of water in the air and you don't have the problem of where the "Extra Water" went to.;)

I asked were all the extra water came from and went because I was trying to show just how impossible the global flood was. You on the other hand are offering a "solution" to this impossible event, sounds kind of pointless to me. And no, the weight of the water floating above the earth would not crush us, it would generate enough heat to cook us and boil away the oceans.

Arlanbb

I asked were all the extra water came from and went because I was trying to show just how impossible the global flood was. You on the other hand are offering a "solution" to this impossible event, sounds kind of pointless to me. And no, the weight of the water floating above the earth would not crush us, it would generate enough heat to cook us and boil away the oceans.
Thanks for admiting I offered a "solution" for the "extra water" question. Your right about the all the water in the air cooking the earth but I still think it would crush us also. Have a great day.:sleep: