• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahs Ark

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Sandy, sandy, sandy. You assert that hundreds of new species have come into existence every year for the last 6000 years, right? So, do we in fact see hundreds of new species coming into existence every year?

Again, YOU assert that hundreds of new species come into existence every year. O.K. How? Do they magically poof into existence, fully formed, or do they evolve from existing species? Or something else?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Actually I think she arguing over the relative "truth" of the story... spiritual 'truth' vs. scientific 'truth'.

A story can hold spiritual value without being literal truth...

wa:do

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.K., sandy, for you, is Genesis a parable that conveys spiritual truth, or a record of things that actually happened?

badger

Hwít éoredmæcg
Puts me in mind of the story about the man from Buckinghamshire who was hanged in 1759 for murdering a fellow member of a debating society during an argument about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Puts me in mind of the story about the man from Buckinghamshire who was hanged in 1759 for murdering a fellow member of a debating society during an argument about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin!

Does that mean he won the debate?

kingcores

This is in reply to all of the above posts, and not to any one in particular. At the web site called Answers in Creation, (not to be confused with Answers in Genesis), there is an article that says the hebrew word translated "earth" in the flood story can also mean "land". That's like "the land of Caanan". So, it could definately be a regional flood. Naturally, some say "Why didn't Noah just take a hike?" Well, there is a lot we don't know about the reasons why God does things.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Because Noah, and everyone Noah ever met, never travelled more than 30 miles from his home, and had no way of knowing there was any place else. To Noah, a flood over 100 miles DID cover the whole world.

Arlanbb

Hi sandy ~ you talk about Noah's deluge as if it really happened. So far I have not heard you give a date for when Noah's deluge was to have happened in our time frame like AD or BC. Can you do that for us?:yes: Thanks

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Sandy, sandy, sandy. You assert that hundreds of new species have come into existence every year for the last 6000 years, right? So, do we in fact see hundreds of new species coming into existence every year?

Again, YOU assert that hundreds of new species come into existence every year. O.K. How? Do they magically poof into existence, fully formed, or do they evolve from existing species? Or something else?
I have asserted no such thing. Someone asked how many animals could fit on the ark and I directed them to what I believe to be a credible assertation as to how many animals that might have been.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Hi sandy ~ you talk about Noah's deluge as if it really happened. So far I have not heard you give a date for when Noah's deluge was to have happened in our time frame like AD or BC. Can you do that for us?:yes: Thanks
Biblically, the flood happened. It happened BC.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I have asserted no such thing. Someone asked how many animals could fit on the ark and I directed them to what I believe to be a credible assertation as to how many animals that might have been.

It's math, Sandy. There are more than 12 million species on earth. You state that there were several thousand on the ark. Therefore, the remaining several million MUST have come into existence since then, right?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Biblically yes, realistically no. Its strange how we can never find any evidence to support it isn't it?
Speaking of that, I heard it could have been a story from the end of the ice age or something like that. I dunno where the wiping out of mankind except for his family, and every animal save for the select few came out of that though. :D