• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Carolina Magistrate refuses to marry interracial couple.

Sonofason

Given the above statements, I am rather curious what you are doing on a debate forum.
You're a good cherry picker. But really, you're right...in a debate forum, I couldn't care any less about your personal opinions. How about sharing facts, or maybe some evidence?

JoStories

You're a good cherry picker. But really, you're right...in a debate forum, I couldn't care any less about your personal opinions. How about sharing facts, or maybe some evidence?
I believe I just did regarding the genetic basis for homosexuality. I have yet to see much in the way of evidence to the contrary from you however.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
ROFL...Dessert it is my dear. I hope you like all sorts of gooey and decadent things for dessert. And trust me when I say you are lucky not to live here where the one of the most likely candidates for president is a Trumped-up (pun not intended) ******* with a seriously bad toupe.
I can't wait. :) The ooey gooeyer the better!

Trump is truly a nightmare. He's great when you need a good laugh but as a serious candidate, the guy is seriously off his rocker.

JoStories

I can't wait. :) The ooey gooeyer the better!

Trump is truly a nightmare. He's great when you need a good laugh but as a serious candidate, the guy is seriously off his rocker.
Amen to that sugar. He scares me. And too many are just laughing his progress off, not seeing that he has the potential to really be our next (shudder) president.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Amen to that sugar. He scares me. And too many are just laughing his progress off, not seeing that he has the potential to really be our next (shudder) president.
If the election were tomorrow, it's quite possible that he could be the next president and that is a very, very scary thought. But as usual, I think things will work themselves out as the election approaches and saner (though not completely sane) heads might prevail. Let's hope so. I'm not American but just the idea of this egomaniac being the leader of a country is frickin' terrifying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it disturbing that so many are either scared of Hillary or scared of Trump.
Sure, sure...Trump looks like a bull in a china shop.
But Hillary is a hawk with a secretive authoritarian streak.
I cast a wary eye at both.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I find it disturbing that so many are either scared of Hillary or scared of Trump.
Sure, sure...Trump looks like a bull in a china shop.
But Hillary is a hawk with a secretive authoritarian streak.
I cast a wary eye at both.
She's not batsh** crazy though. That's what makes the Donald truly scary to me.

Hilary just does nothing for me. She never has. I want to like her, but I can't. And I'm not even really sure why. Maybe it has to do with what you say here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She's not batsh** crazy though. That's what makes the Donald truly scary to me.
Neither is crazy.
Trump just doesn't adopt the persona of the artful politician.
So the opposition enjoys over-reacting
Hilary just does nothing for me. She never has. I want to like her, but I can't. And I'm not even really sure why. Maybe it has to do with what you say here.
She's a known quantity, one which I find having opposed me in too many
places....hawkish, anti-gay marriage, big government, secretive, authoritarian.
But Trump has no history for me to compare with his rhetoric.
So I don't support him, & I more actively don't support her.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Neither is crazy.
Trump just doesn't adopt the persona of the artful politician.
So the opposition enjoys over-reacting
He says and does truly outrageous and crazy things. I don't think it's an overreaction to question his sanity or his integrity. I don't think an egomaniac who can barely control himself should be running a country.

She's a known quantity, one which I find having opposed me in too many
places....hawkish, anti-gay marriage, big government, secretive, authoritarian.
But Trump has no history for me to compare with his rhetoric.
So I don't support him, & I more actively don't support her.
I think they're both weird, just in different ways. Hillary strikes me as a phony, which I guess supports what you're saying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He says and does truly outrageous and crazy things. I don't think it's an overreaction to question his sanity or his integrity.
If "insanity" is to be so broadly used, then everyone who voted for Obama is insane.
For McCain too.
I don't think an egomaniac who can barely control himself should be running a country.
No argument on this point.
I think they're both weird, just in different ways. Hillary strikes me as a phony, which I guess supports what you're saying.
Phoniness is an undesirable trait, but that is the least of her flaws from my voting perspective.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If "insanity" is to be so broadly used, then everyone who voted for Obama is insane.
For McCain too.
You really think I'm using it so broadly has to basically have no meaning?
You've heard Trump speak, right? He says outrageous things that have no basis in reality, then refuses to take responsibility for making things up. That can be very dangerous. Especially when you're tweeting things like whites killed by blacks account for 81% of crimes in the US. Or that Mexicans are basically all rapists and murderers.
No argument on this point.
:thumbsup:
Phoniness is an undesirable trait, but that is the least of her flaws from my voting perspective.
I guess it's pretty typical of (American) politicians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You really think I'm using it so broadly has to basically have no meaning?
Exactly.
It has come to mean...."There's someone I disagree with, or I find'm repulsive."
You've heard Trump speak, right?
No.
I never listen to politicans' speaking.
He says outrageous things that have no basis in reality, then refuses to take responsibility for making things up.
And Hillary is different?
That can be very dangerous.
Agreed.
But I see grave danger from most of the candidates.
Especially when you're tweeting things like whites killed by blacks account for 81% of crimes in the US. Or that Mexicans are basically all rapists and murderers.
I guess it's pretty typical of (American) politicians.
If you want to make a case for insanity, it would require some evidence.
Paraphrasing doesn't do it for me.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Exactly.
It has come to mean...."There's someone I disagree with, or I find'm repulsive."
I use it when people demonstrate that they are detached from reality.
No.
I never listen to politicans' speaking.
Maybe that's why you don't get what I'm talking about?
And Hillary is different?
Most people are different.
Agreed.
But I see grave danger from most of the candidates.

If you want to make a case for insanity, it would require some evidence.
Paraphrasing doesn't do it for me.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-inaccurate-tweet_56524c0de4b0879a5b0b6c10

"I am being proven right about massive vaccinations — the doctors lied. Save our children and their future." Twitter, 2014

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/1...ks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn

"I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility…then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29/donald-trump-most-offensive-comments

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes.

Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate

"He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ents-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/

These are stupid people that say, `Oh didn’t Trump declare bankruptcy? Didn’t he go bankrupt?’ I didn’t go bankrupt.”
http://www.inc.com/john-brandon/20-outrageous-donald-trump-quotes-on-business.html

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use it when people demonstrate that they are detached from reality.
Is it really detachment from reality....or is it that they perceive it differently?
Most voters approve of our military adventures in the middle east.
(This is signaled by their re-electing those who pursue this course.)
But the results are staggeringly bad.
Does this mean they're all insane?
No....I think it's about different values & perception.
Btw, I'm certain they think me insane.
Maybe that's why you don't get what I'm talking about?
I get it to an extent.
I've 2 reasons for not listening to politicians.....
1) It's annoying.
2) It creates emotional impressions. I'd rather look at a written record for better objectivity.
Most people are different.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-inaccurate-tweet_56524c0de4b0879a5b0b6c10
"I am being proven right about massive vaccinations — the doctors lied. Save our children and their future." Twitter, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/1...ks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn
"I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility…then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29/donald-trump-most-offensive-comments
"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes.
Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate
"He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ents-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/
These are stupid people that say, `Oh didn’t Trump declare bankruptcy? Didn’t he go bankrupt?’ I didn’t go bankrupt.”
http://www.inc.com/john-brandon/20-outrageous-donald-trump-quotes-on-business.html
So many statements.....
Some are defensible.
Some are loopy.
But loopy statements might be only metaphor or pandering.
Without a record in office, I don't know where he stands.

Last edited:

Sonofason

Really??? I thought you believed that God wrote the Bible. Who would have thunk?
The Bible contains 66 books written by 40 different authors. It seems your presumptions about what I believe are incorrect. But that is not surprising to me.