• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The automobile today is very complex and has literally thousands of parts.

How about if somebody built a automobile complete with everything except [ the steering wheel was missing ], will the steering wheel ever show up all by itself, after a billion years of time?

Evolution does not include an intelligent designer or maker. So how many years would need to pass before the steering wheel would show up without the assistance of some form of intelligence?
False equivalence.

1. automobiles are an intended end-design. Biology has no intended end-designs

2. automobiles, furthermore, aren't self-replicating entities that reproduce with variation and aren't in a struggle for survival while competing over finite resources. So why would they be subject to an evolutionary process?

Why is it that ever post you make about the topic, consists of arguing strawmen?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If evolution was true we would still see it happening.

We do.
That's why, for example, the elderly need a new flu shot every year. Because the virus evolves. :shrug:

Does anyone eyewitness one species turning into another? No!

Do an internet search for "observed speciation".

Does fossils reveal evidence of one species turning into another? No!

The fossil record shows change over time.

You can't even get cream in your coffee without intelligent assistance, [[ one little step ]] If one little step can't happen without intelligent assistance, How can you assume a million steps can happen in the total process of life?
Absurd analogy.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Have you ever worked on a project and steps get done all by themselves?
Incidentally..................

As a software engineer I have worked on a project which involved optimization modules to optimize business processes and alike, based on various parameters (cost effectiveness, resource effectiveness, time effectiveness, etc).

The optimization modules employed so called Genetic Algoritms.
Likely you never heard of that?

It's a logic framework that mimics the principles of biological evolution.
It takes a generation, measures the "best performers", uses those to generate a new generation (reproduction) with small variations, repeats the fitness test and repeats.

It usually comes up with far better solutions then humans can, in far less time.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The BBT is based on there being non-existence and all of a sudden the universe began to expand into the universe the universe we have today.

No.

The Big Bang Theory was formulated by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian astronomer and cosmologist.

He was also a catholic priest.
And he didn't name his theory that, btw.
The name was given by other scientists who were mocking his idea when he first presented it.
But then the evidence piled up and up and up and eventually peers accepted the theory.
And the mocking name sticked.

That "super-atom" later received the nickname of the God Particle.

No, where did you get that nonsense?
That what the media likes to refer to as the "god particle" is the higgs boson, which was discovered not that long ago at CERN.

Do you guys know anything about what you are trying to argue,
tenor.gif

Audie

Veteran Member
Thus far, Walt seems friendly, reasonable and willing to learn, and I'm retired with time on my hands. Explaining basic principles of evolution or biology should help exercise my mind and keep me from going senile. :yum:
Good!

Audie

Veteran Member
My own common sense tells me the first human was complete. because if it was not complete It would have not survive past the first day.

Does not common sense explain, the first of any species life, needs a brain, heart, lungs and everything else that makes that particular species alive.

For any species to remain alive for more than a few moments, that species requires it's vital organs, all at the same time, does it not?
But there was no first human.

Nor first toy poodle.

Each step in evolution is complete for what it is.

Each change move it to being something else.

it’s never a case of “incomplete”

Audie

Veteran Member
It certainly doesn't seem that way as you rarely respond to those who take the time to answer. Did you bother reading the evolution 101 thread that was linked for you? If it's just going to be an endless stream of what you think are gotcha questions please let me know... I've seen it all before and don't need to see it again.
I know the feeling. But I think our friend here is different.

icant

No I did not forget.
No, that appears to be you. Making false claims about others can be a violation of the rules here. You are definitely breaking your own Ninth Commandment.
I don't have a Ninth Commandment.

What false claims?
Be specific and give me the msg #.

Enjoy,

icant

Again, it's a "hypothesis".
There has to be a better reason for calling it a "hypothesis"
Than well we got to have some explanation for where it come from.

It came from the imagination of someone whatever his/her title may be. That's what every one says my God is.

BBT is based on a massive amount of evidence: Big Bang - Wikipedia
The Big Bang is based on an assumption as there is not a scientist that will tell you that something existed at T=0. That would be like admitting God existed. The will tell you "we dnon't know yet".

Enjoy,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No I did not forget.

I don't have a Ninth Commandment.

What false claims?
Be specific and give me the msg #.

Enjoy,
Oh? I thought that you were a Christian and believed the myths of the Bible. You appeared to accuse others of being brainwashed. That is definitely a breaking of the Ninth Commandment and projection as well.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Forming a hypothesis is a key part of the scientific method. It is an explanation. And better than any of yours. A scientific hypothesis explains all of the observations of a limited area of science and even more important it is testable.
It came from the imagination of someone whatever his/her title may be. That's what every one says my God is.
No, again, a hypothesis is a testable explanation.
The Big Bang is based on an assumption as there is not a scientist that will tell you that something existed at T=0. That would be like admitting God existed. The will tell you "we dnon't know yet".

Enjoy,
No, the Big Bang is based upon observations and a testable hypothesis was formed and refined over the years. When it got to the point that it had been tested and confirmed many times it became a theory. A theory also has to explain some aspect of science, but it tends to be broader in scope than most hypotheses. It also has to have been tested many times and never have been refuted. Theories are the most reliable ideas in the world due to the fact that they have been endlessly tested and confirmed.

Pogo

Enjoy,
We don't know yet and you don't know that any god exists, but somehow you expect us to answer your questions without understanding the fallacy of your assumption without evidence that it is eternal and that a god exists.

Come back when you understand something about logical arguments and evidence to support positions.

Pogo

So it happened by punctuated accretion? Is that what you are saying? .

Enjoy,
There is this thing called the internet that you seem to be connected to, ask it some basic questions and come back when you have some idea of the topics you are trying to discuss rather than just stringing words you have heard together without even understanding the words you are stringing together.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Are you confusing genetics and anatomy with intelligence?
Animals evolve what traits give them a reproductive advantage in their particular lifestyle. Monkeys didn't need intelligence. In fact, big brains are metabolically expensive, and may even decrease success.
Intelligence is not intrinsically "better" than stupidity. It's not the sine qua non of God's grace. We have intelligence in spades, and are on the verge of wiping ourselves off the planet.

Ask -- once or twice, but try to understand the explanations and their implications.
In the form of this venue, meaning the concept of the theory of evolution, no, I do not say that intelligence is the opposite of stupidity.

YoursTrue

We don't know yet and you don't know that any god exists, but somehow you expect us to answer your questions without understanding the fallacy of your assumption without evidence that it is eternal and that a god exists.

Come back when you understand something about logical arguments and evidence to support positions.
I'm not sure how people might figure about certain gods like Isis or Apollo, things like that -- but my faith is not built on sand, as the saying goes. Even if you say it is, I disagree, but apparently that seems logical also. :) Because even though the Bible has a distinct history about God and how He dealt with people, it would be hard to discern by some. Anyway, have a nice day and hope all is well with you. Take care.

YoursTrue

There is this thing called the internet that you seem to be connected to, ask it some basic questions and come back when you have some idea of the topics you are trying to discuss rather than just stringing words you have heard together without even understanding the words you are stringing together.
I'm pretty sure that the internet itself didn't connect all the forces to itself and others. :)

Pogo

I'm not sure how people might figure about certain gods like Isis or Apollo, things like that -- but my faith is not built on sand, as the saying goes. Even if you say it is, I disagree, but apparently that seems logical also. :) Because even though the Bible has a distinct history about God and how He dealt with people, it would be hard to discern by some. Anyway, have a nice day and hope all is well with you. Take care.
They are built on different stories collected by a different collection of humans trying to explain the unknown. Figure out why you don't believe in them and you will understand why your beliefs are not accepted without question.

Beyond that, before you present anything more you have read, put in your mind that which you see every day, offspring are not exactly like their parents and there are not unlimited resources. Using that, fit it into a larger picture instead of expecting an answer to everything from a single observation.