• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Sin

idav

Being
Premium Member
this story tells me something i think is substantial
god didn't want mankind to be aware of their actions and intended them to remain innocent of guilt. otherwise why not already create them with this knowledge if it was gods plan that mankind were to become culpable for their actions?
Seeing your children grow up must be tough, you almost want them to stay innocent.

riley2112

If you want to read about the fall of man in a way that I have never seen then read this and let me know what you think, I still am not sure what to think of it. but it does make an interesting thought.The Fall of Man It starts out like the story we have all heard but ends different than anything I could have thought of.

waitasec

Veteran Member
If you want to read about the fall of man in a way that I have never seen then read this and let me know what you think, I still am not sure what to think of it. but it does make an interesting thought.The Fall of Man It starts out like the story we have all heard but ends different than anything I could have thought of.

i'll check it out...
thanks.

riley2112

The beliefs is from the Unification Church. That be Rev. Moon. Not sure how to take that. Sounds like just another belief with no more evidence than any other religion. Going to have to take some time to wrap my mind around it.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
The beliefs is from the Unification Church. That be Rev. Moon. Not sure how to take that. Sounds like just another belief with no more evidence than any other religion. Going to have to take some time to wrap my mind around it.

conjecture seems to be what this person is relying on rather than reading what the story says...
i'm not so sure if this is a story about symbolism...either it's all symbolic or not as the story is too fantastical to be taken both ways.
but it's fun to pick apart :)

thanks again though...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
i've said this before...
if they didn't know about good and evil...
the tree of knowledge might as well have been called
the tree of knowledge of glipper and glopper to their understanding.

makes perfect sense to me
;)

This explains so much, the round about you do in rebuttal.
Glipper....glopper.... is as far you can actually go?

waitasec

Veteran Member
This explains so much, the round about you do in rebuttal.
Glipper....glopper.... is as far you can actually go?

do you know what glipper and glopper mean....?

think a little.
just a little. if the knowledge of good and evil where not in their minds those words meant nothing...

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
do you know what glipper and glopper mean....?

think a little.
just a little. if the knowledge of good and evil where not in their minds those words meant nothing...

As any child first learning the concept of self denial.

'No'...is the first word children learn.
It is often learned with consequence.

waitasec

Veteran Member
As any child first learning the concept of self denial.

'No'...is the first word children learn.
It is often learned with consequence.

exactly...do children understand "no" the 1st time they hear it?

everything in the garden was yes up until that point.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Here is something that bugs me and I would like to discuss. It seems that Christianity (perhaps other religions also, I am unsure) teaches that we are born with "original sin", which is inherited because of Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden. WE are held responsible for the sins of SOMEONE ELSE. I cannot see how this belief makes sense.

First, if god is loving and forgiving, why would he hold an everlasting grudge against humans? If it is so that we must accept Christ, it seems kind of like a set up...

Second, why should we even be held responsible for the sins of another in general? Nobody is responsible for the sins of another in any other case outside of this one. Why is this one held against all of humanity? Again, it seems like a set up.

Discuss

The bible is so contradictory I'm not sure you're ever going to be able to make since of it. It says 'the sins of the father will not be passed to his offspring'...then in another place it says the opposite. :confused:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The bible is so contradictory I'm not sure you're ever going to be able to make since of it. It says 'the sins of the father will not be passed to his offspring'...then in another place it says the opposite. :confused:

Yeah...
At every turn and quote you could bolster almost any perspective you care to hold.
And this alone is sufficient for some to bash others with scripture....it's a lie.
And in return the same book is used to denounce non-belief, with damnation.

There are of course a few....who know it to be a tool.
Properly used, it works just fine.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yeah...
At every turn and quote you could bolster almost any perspective you care to hold.
And this alone is sufficient for some to bash others with scripture....it's a lie.
And in return the same book is used to denounce non-belief, with damnation.

There are of course a few....who know it to be a tool.
Properly used, it works just fine.

My comment was to the mental state of "God"...rather (The men who wrote the scriptures)....What people do with the book is written in history.