• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging Hezbollah ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Your what-about-ism, is noted.

Don't be childish.

Whataboutism can provide necessary context into whether or not a particular line of critique is relevant or fair, and behavior that may be imperfect by international standards may be appropriate in a given geopolitical neighborhood.[7] Accusing an interlocutor of whataboutism can also in itself be manipulative and serve the motive of discrediting, as critical talking points can be used selectively and purposefully even as the starting point of the conversation (cf. agenda setting, framing, framing effect, priming, cherry picking). [source]​

Using terrorism against terrorists is not fighting the good fight.
It's just being a terrorist yourself.

Your disgusting willingness to equate a targeted attack on a terrorist organization intended to destabilize and demoralize that organization, to indiscriminate and ongoing attacks targeting civilian population centers and intended to terrorizes and demoralizes that population, reduces you to little more than an apologist for such organizations.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your disgusting willingness to equate a targeted attack on a terrorist organization intended to destabilize and demoralize that organization....
It's disgusting that your posts condone indiscriminate attacks
on not just Hamas, but also bystanders & other users of pagers
& walkie talkies. Moreover, Israel's attacks are designed to maim
the users & bystanders, given the small size of the explosives.
Many eyes & fingers have been lost. Children are especially
vulnerable to such explosives, & have died.
USA should stop subsidizing "God's Chosen" & their deadly,
horrible, & illegal attacks on civilians.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Don't be childish.

I'm not.
You were responding to a post that was discussing the moral implications of this attack.
You then brought up the "but what about hamas, hesbollah etc"

You implied that condemning israel for this attack = support for the attacks of their targets

This is a common tactic I encounter. As if any condemnation of Israel's behavior by default means that one is siding with terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah. This is simply false.

The way I see it, both sides of this conflict are engaging in evil behavior and tactics.

Your disgusting willingness to equate a targeted attack on a terrorist organization intended to destabilize and demoralize that organization, to indiscriminate and ongoing attacks targeting civilian population centers and intended to terrorizes and demoralizes that population, reduces you to little more than an apologist for such organizations.
Let's not pretend as if all these explosive didn't go off in civilian population centers.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You implied that condemning israel for this attack = support for the attacks of their targets

I implied nothing of the kind. Rather, I was noting the ignorance underpinning your ignorant blather concerning so-called "what-about-ism" and the gross hypocrisy at the heart of your anti-Israel screeds wrapped in your apparent indifference concerning Hamas, Hezbollah, and Houthi terrorism.

Or perhaps you have voiced an impassioned condemnation of Hezbollah that I've somehow missed. I await the link.

Let's not pretend as if all these explosive didn't go off in civilian population centers.

Let's not pretend that civilian population centers were the target or that the distinction is irrelevant.

Flankerl

It's disgusting that your posts condone indiscriminate attacks
Targeting pagers used by exclusively one terror group is indiscriminate now

on not just Hamas, but also bystanders & other users of pagers
Wrong terror group, also how deluded does one have to be to think that pagers are a big thing in Lebanon among the civilians?

& walkie talkies. Moreover, Israel's attacks are designed to maim
the users & bystanders, given the small size of the explosives.
How can they maim bystanders if the explosive is so small?

Many eyes & fingers have been lost. Children are especially
vulnerable to such explosives, & have died.
So the two children who died were children of Hezbollah commanders who apparently held these devices.

Sounds like Hezbollah needs a proper "work time - free time divide" in its work contracts.
Can't be taking your work with you home.
Simply not healthy and tends to stress people out.

USA should stop subsidizing "God's Chosen" & their deadly,
horrible, & illegal attacks on civilians.
Nice attack on Jews you hid there.
Pretty disgusting but well you are indeed whining about Hezbollah having its "members" blown off so I guess it comes with the territory.

Flankerl

Ibrahim Aqil, planner and organiser of the 1983 US Embassy and Beirut USMC barracks bombings has reportedly been killed in an air strike.

You are welcome USA and France.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From the NYT ...

Hezbollah said wireless devices belonging to its members had exploded, and the health minister said more than 2,700 people had been injured. Hezbollah blamed Israel, but the Israeli military declined to comment. ...​

Why?

Senior members of Hezbollah have used pagers for years but the practice became more widespread after the Oct. 7 attacks, when the group’s leader warned members that Israeli intelligence had penetrated the cellphone network, security experts said Tuesday.​
As a result, thousands of rank-and-file members of Hezbollah — and not just fighters — switched to a new system of wireless paging devices, said Amer Al Sabaileh, a regional security expert and university professor based in Amman, Jordan. He said his information was based on extensive contacts in Lebanese political and security circles.​

Note also ...

Electronic pager devices also exploded in Syria, according to Iran’s Tasnim news agency and to Saberin News, an outlet affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards. Saberin reported that seven people were killed in Syria from the blast targeting their devices in the Seyedah Zeinab neighborhood, a Shia stronghold in Damascus.​
Sky News adds ...

We can reasonably assume that those carrying pagers would have been fairly senior within the group. That is supported by reports Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon was also injured when his pager exploded.​
It just occurred to me that your title is humorous,
but that Israel's attacks maimed & killed innocents,
including children.
In the past, you've scorned me for inappropriate
humor. But it's OK for you to joke about killing
& maiming Muslims, even children?
Hypocrite.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get so very tired of people pretending to know what is "most likely" when they "most likely" have zero expertise in the matter being discussed.
Yet you offer no counter argument.
Such cantankerous posts remind me of....
grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg