• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part of being Privileged is not having to think about being Privileged

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Me too. At least they're honest. A Neo-nazi will tell a minority to **** off. A PC liberal will smile and wave, while clutching their purse extra tight and not making any sudden movements. Also, I find PC language to be condescending and offensive, more so than hate speech. Why are we supposed to call midgets "dwarves"? If I was a midget, I wouldn't want someone to call me a mythical creature. And absolutely nothing is more condescending than calling handicapped people "handi-capable"... Ugh...
I'd say that some thoughts are best unexpressed. When one is
filled with virulent hatred, honesty & candor are over-rated.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3439443 said:
Namaste,

That's messed up, dawg...

M.V.

Maybe you misunderstood me. We SHOULD care that minorities are disenfranchised. We just shouldn't cry "racism" when they complain about it, or pretend that's the same thing as racism against minorities, even if it comes out as a derogatory term for a privileged class. Boo hoo! It will never amount to any significant detrimental impact on my life if somebody thinks I suck because I'm white, because other white people own or control almost everything I need.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dude, are you just gonna go into jester mode again, or are you actually going to answer one of my questions for once? Note that your white privilege is what allows you to make this a game, if that's what you wish to do.
Do you actually believe that I have some racial privilege to post here as I
see fit, yet others do not? And you wonder why I find humor in your posts.

Alceste

Vagabond
Me too. At least they're honest. A Neo-nazi will tell a minority to **** off. A PC liberal will smile and wave, while clutching their purse extra tight and not making any sudden movements. Also, I find PC language to be condescending and offensive, more so than hate speech. Why are we supposed to call midgets "dwarves"? If I was a midget, I wouldn't want someone to call me a mythical creature. And absolutely nothing is more condescending than calling handicapped people "handi-capable"... Ugh...

I call ********. You're assuming non-racist white people are still racists but lying about not being racists. I don't "clutch my purse extra-tight" when I visit my Trinidadian friend. We've been friends for 25 years.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
If it's acceptable to refer to "redneck crackers", then is it acceptable for me to call black folk "moon crickets" & "boot lips"? Or is that impermissible because they're top dog in the minority victim hierarchy? Then perhaps lesser minorities are fair game, eg, Hispanics are "beaners" & "wetbacks", Asians are "slant eyes" & "gooks". To argue that racist name calling is OK for some groups but not for others strikes me as convenient justification for one's own bigotry.

I'd prefer you use any of those terms rather than "special interest groups" or "at-risk youth". I respect Rangel for his honesty. Extreme right wingers like Bill O'Reilly and Paul Ryan are the definition of cracker. At least he didn't sugar coat it in fear of being attacked because he wasn't PC. I support freedom of speech to its most extreme extent. Although I agree "cracker" and "honky" are not nearly as offensive as "******" or "****", I respect people's right to say what's on their mind and wish they would more often instead of being shady about it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd prefer you use any of those terms rather than "special interest groups" or "at-risk youth". I respect Rangel for his honesty. Extreme right wingers like Bill O'Reilly and Paul Ryan are the definition of cracker. At least he didn't sugar coat it in fear of being attacked because he wasn't PC. I support freedom of speech to its most extreme extent. Although I agree "cracker" and "honky" are not nearly as offensive as "******" or "****", I respect people's right to say what's on their mind and wish they would more often instead of being shady about it.
I can't argue with any of that.
We merely disagree.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I call ********. You're assuming non-racist white people are still racists but lying about not being racists. I don't "clutch my purse extra-tight" when I visit my Trinidadian friend. We've been friends for 25 years.

I don't mean to say ALL white people are racist; I was speaking collectively. However, you're fooling yourself if you don't think there's a large group of covert racists on the left who hide behind PC terminology and fake smiles.

Me Myself

Back to my username

agreed in general. Sometimes people go PC simply as "manners" or "evidence" that they are in a certain correct way of thinking and feeling while they wont realise that disguising themselves behind PC terminology, they may very well still be as racist or worst than others that do not do so, and have many people be fairly egualitarian and non racist but use non PC terms to express themselves.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I don't mean to say ALL white people are racist; I was speaking collectively. However, you're fooling yourself if you don't think there's a large group of covert racists on the left who hide behind PC terminology and fake smiles.

Namaste,

Did you view my link, homie?

M.V.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
agreed in general. Sometimes people go PC simply as "manners" or "evidence" that they are in a certain correct way of thinking and feeling while they wont realise that disguising themselves behind PC terminology, they may very well still be as racist or worst than others that do not do so, and have many people be fairly egualitarian and non racist but use non PC terms to express themselves.
It's best to treat others well in both word & deed.

Hows that for a trite little platitude?!?

Last edited:

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Do you actually believe that I have some racial privilege to post here as I
see fit, yet others do not? And you wonder why I find humor in your posts.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-being-sarcastic-or-posing-serious-question-5bc999.jpg

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
It will never amount to any significant detrimental impact on my life if somebody thinks I suck because I'm white, because other white people own or control almost everything I need.

Namaste,

I don't believe you suck.

M.V.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
It will never amount to any significant detrimental impact on my life if somebody thinks I suck because I'm white, because other white people own or control almost everything I need.

Exactly. It sucks for like half a moment, then you're like "wait a second, I'm white!", and you continue to have an awesome day.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Yes. I love it lol

Namaste,

Believe it or not, but that has happened to me. I was even in a suit and on my way to an interview for a job. It was even funnier because I got a call from my cousin and him and I started speaking in Gujarati and I must have come off as one of those jihadists because I was speaking very loudly and angrily.

It was the best elevator ride of my life.

M.V.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
मैत्रावरुणिः;3439517 said:
Namaste,

Believe it or not, but that has happened to me. I was even in a suit and on my way to an interview for a job. It was even funnier because I got a call from my cousin and him and I started speaking in Gujarati and I must have come off as one of those jihadists because I was speaking very loudly and angrily.

It was the best elevator ride of my life.

M.V.

LOL I can only imagine.