• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Remind me to post more from my latest journal - flying again ...

Ways to infuse your life with joy

trans4mind favourite picture quotes - could post loads

Could also post -

Meditate upon good thoughts - images section!

Happiness strategies

soulfulliving.com shadow work

Find happiness by embracing all of your emotions - not just the first couple ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In a statement, senior author Iris Mauss (link is external), director of the Emotion and Emotion Regulation Lab (link is external) at Berkeley, said: “We found that people who habitually accept their negative emotions experience fewer negative emotions, which adds up to better psychological health. Maybe if you have an accepting attitude toward negative emotions, you're not giving them as much attention. And perhaps, if you're constantly judging your emotions, the negativity can pile up."

From this site -

Is Accepting Unpleasant Emotions the Secret to Happiness?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Cultivating Compassion: Simple Everyday Practices for Discovering Peace of Mind and Resilience"

by Amy Pattee Colvin

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I disagree with you, but I still like you as a person who is a human being and I will treat you like that because if I didn’t it would make everything bad and that’s what lots of people do and it’s lame.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The Mind of God" by Paul Davies

May post? -

I am reading it and it is most thought-provoking.

Asks some fascinating questions!

Here's one review -

Mind of God

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
World Kindness Day

Makes an interesting google search ... here's one site -

The purpose of World Kindness Day is to look beyond ourselves, beyond the boundaries of our country, beyond our culture, our race, our religion; and realise we are citizens of the world. As world citizens we have a commonality, and must realise that if progress is to be made in human relations and endeavours, if we are to achieve the goal of peaceful coexistence, we must focus on what we have in common. When we find likenesses we begin to experience empathy, and in such a state we can fully relate to that person or those people. While we may think of people from other cultures as being ‘different’ when we compare them with our own customs and beliefs, it doesn’t mean that we are any better than they are. When we become friends with someone from a different culture we discover that despite some obvious differences, there are many similarities.

World Kindness Day

Enjoy!