• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a few quotes 2 give you a better idea ...

Paul Davies Quotes (Author of About Time)

Still enjoying my reading ...

Amazing science facts - post?

Paul Davies quotes universe - for the thread? - images?

Quotes about mysticism (reality)

(Davies) biggest fix universe

Universe stars planets life

(Davies) package marvels boggles mind

Amazing complexity life

Where did the laws of nature come from?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I still have more questions than answers ... so does Davies ...

One would still be left with the puzzle of why that theory - the one that permits a life-giving universe - is 'the chosen one'. Stephen Hawking has expressed this more eloquently: 'What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe?' Who, or what, does the choosing? Who, or what, promotes the 'merely possible' to the 'actual existing'? This question is the analogue of the problem of 'who made God' or 'who designed the designer'. We still have to accept as 'given', without explanation, one particular theory, one specific mathematical description, drawn from a limitless number of possibilities. And the universes described by almost all the other theories would be barren.

He also asks:

Oh I can't find the quote - can a meaningless universe so closely imitate a meaningful one? - something like that ...

Where did the laws of nature come from?

You can ALWAYS ask the question: "Why should that be the case?"

Then!!! - found loads more in Goldilocks! - see bookmark - could post a ton!

I HIGHLY recommend it - all his stuff!

“Can a truly absurd universe so convincingly mimic a meaningful one?”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More reading ...

Amazon David Schiller (Zen companion)

Brad Aronson happiness

Seuss quotes - post some images :)

Oh what else ...

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
th
I had bacon for lunch :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From another email -

Karma means that whatever we do, with our bodies, speech, or minds, will have a corresponding result. Each action, even the smallest, is pregnant with its consequences. It is said by the masters that even a little poison can cause death, and even a tiny seed can become a huge tree. And as Buddha said: “Do not overlook negative actions merely because they are small; however small a spark may be, it can burn down a haystack as big as a mountain.”

Similarly he said: “Do not overlook tiny good actions, thinking they are of no benefit even tiny drops of water in the end will fill a huge vessel.”

Karma does not decay like external things, or ever become inoperative. It cannot be destroyed “by time, fire, or water.” Its power will never disappear, until it is ripened.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Post this? -

To help us come to a closer understanding and useful definition of unconditional love, we will look at the two words unconditional and love. Let us begin with love. When we say love, we are using more than a descriptive word to characterize our experience of life. Love is energy. It is a power that permeates the universe and at times, we glimpse its immense nature through an experience in our world. It is a process and way of living life. It is an expansion of certain qualities we can feel physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. When we engage it, our experience of life expands and evolves.

Comes from this site -

Living in Bliss: How to Experience Unconditional Love For Yourself & Others