• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Really welcome recovery! - it always feels like it will never end then it is mysteriously over just like a really bad dream ...

Remind me to post links out of kindness page ...

Tiny Buddha kindness

Plus their quotes!

Resources

Could google the authors ...

Wayne muller kindness

Spirituality practice kindness quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Harold Kushner kindness ...

"When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel."

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More 4 our kindness page - FAR better than I originally planned!

lionsroar.com kindness

trans4mind kindness

mindful.org kindness - post some? - it is a great site!

Rami Shapiro kindness

Abraham Heschel admire kind people

Lao Tzu kindness

Og Mandino kindness

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From my InBox -

You can think of the nature of mind like a mirror, with five different powers or “wisdoms.” Its openness and vastness is the “wisdom of all-encompassing space,” the womb of compassion. Its capacity to reflect in precise detail whatever comes before it is the “mirrorlike wisdom.” Its fundamental lack of any bias toward any impression is the “equalizing wisdom.” Its ability to distinguish clearly, without confusing in any way the various different phenomena that arise, is the “wisdom of discernment.” And its potential of having everything already accomplished, perfected, and spontaneously present is the “all-accomplishing wisdom.”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Every act of kindness is like a pebble thrown in a pond sending out ripples far beyond where the pebble entered the water. When we're caring and kind to our neighbors our actions send rings of kindness that spread from neighbor to neighbor to neighbor."

~ Angela Artemis

Comes from a wonderful PDF page contatining dozens of suggestions -

http://www.thebridgemaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/31-Days-of-Kindness_Manifesto1.pdf

Hard to pick a favourite ... the very first one is as follows:

Overlooking faults and focusing on the goodness in someone.

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice; had I abided by it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable mistakes.”

~ Edna St. Vincent Millay