• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Are you an animal?

Are you an animal?

• Total voters
We are 'Homo Sapien'.....I believe we are classified as 'animals'....If you are metaphysical does that mean you need no food? Can we survive physically on meditation?.....Regardless of belief systems, there is an answer to rise above it all, 'Selflessness'...IMO
People cannot live on bread alone but you still need the bread, metaphysically speaking.

I Am Hugh

Researcher

Kelly of the Phoenix

What @McBell said. I would call them utensils (in this case utensils for eating, but there are other utensils as well). Other eating utensils include chop sticks, fingers, skewers, tongs, toothpicks, cocktail sticks, drinking straws. Your forks and spoons can also be made of silver, gold, plastic or wood. Are they still utensils?

And if you were sophisticated enough, you'd never imagine your forks and spoons to be nearly enough! You'd need varieties of them to eat properly:
  • Butter knife
  • Cake fork
  • Soup spoon
  • Crab cracker
  • Crab fork
  • Fish knife
  • Fondue fork
  • Grapefruit knife
  • Grapefruit spoon
  • Lobster pick
  • Snail tongs and forks
  • Nutcracker
  • Ice cream scoop
  • Tongs for:
    • Sugar
    • Asparagus
  • Honey dipper
  • Meat claws (used to shred barbecue meats such as brisket)
And just as there are all sorts of varieties of utensils, as I've shown, so there are varieties of animals, like clams and fish and squirrels and bears and marmosets and porpoises and humans.
Animaniacs had a song about this.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
"Pure bred" or "pure bread"? Want some butter?

Oops, maybe I should rephrase that.

Inbread

nj1lb9ttajjc1.jpeg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It has everything to do with it. Marrying one's dog, cutting off one's penis because one feels put off by it, and not knowing the difference between man and animal can all be considered a kind of an illness. Well the former two are a definite illness. Likewise, pretending that a man is just like an animal is a backward way of thinking that leads to immorality.
What a bizarre non sequitur. Biologically, humans are animals. We're not plants or fungi, and morality is about character and conduct. Your post is nonsensical.