• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polyamory or Monogamy?

Is polyamory or monogamy more natural?

• polyamory

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • monogamy

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • neither (state below)

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • other (state below)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

kashmir

Why do you think polyamorous people are less sexually responsible?

Joe and Kim who do not cheat and are monogamous have a less likely chance of catching an STD off each other, its a one time deal, if neither have one, they wont catch one.

Joe, kim, mark,paul,david,lisa, all have sex with each other and people they meet at bars and such, are risking catching an STD even if they wear protection and risk passing it on to others if they dont know they have it.

If science itself is beyond the grasp of understanding that, then never ever point fingers at YEC's/creationists/etc or such. :yes:

Lol, I am done here, some of you are impossible. :shrug:

Alceste

Vagabond
monogamous people are only with one person, what part of that needs further facts to support sexual responsibility?
It's self supporting.

Monogamous people can't know whether their partner is or has been monogamous, and because many of them assume their partners are chaste or pure, they are less likely to practice safe sex.

CynthiaCypher

Monogamous people can't know whether their partner is or has been monogamous, and because many of them assume their partners are chaste or pure, they are less likely to practice safe sex.

And neither can the polyamorous, even more so.

Alceste

Vagabond
Joe and Kim who do not cheat and are monogamous have a less likely chance of catching an STD off each other, its a one time deal, if neither have one, they wont catch one.

Joe, kim, mark,paul,david,lisa, all have sex with each other and people they meet at bars and such, are risking catching an STD even if they wear protection and risk passing it on to others if they dont know they have it.

If science itself is beyond the grasp of understanding that, then never ever point fingers at YEC's/creationists/etc or such. :yes:

Joe lies. I know that for a fact. I almost married him. Kim also lies. Her account of how she gave her husband herpes as a tragic consequence of a damp, shared hostel bath towel is not in the least bit credible.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Polyamory isn't about casual sex with people you barely know. Seems that some in this thread aren't understanding that.

Hello SF...... :)

What is the modern-day word for bonking-around?
The neighbours :)facepalm:) continuously 'go on' about two sisters down the road, telling me how they have bonked everybody in the town. I wonder how these neighbours know....... do they follow and film, or receive regular updates from the girls, maybe....? And the lady in the corner plot is divorced and has a lot of men friends, so the neighbours slander her whilst being so nice when they pass by. Now what's the word for neighbours like this? (don't write any cos you'll get told off.... that was rhetoric! :D)

Whatever it legally takes is fine by me.......... natural is as natural does.

Alceste

Vagabond

The neighbours :)facepalm:) continuously 'go on' about two sisters down the road, telling me how they have bonked everybody in the town. I wonder how these neighbours know....... do they follow and film, or receive regular updates from the girls, maybe....? And the lady in the corner plot is divorced and has a lot of men friends, so the neighbours slander her whilst being so nice when they pass by. Now what's the word for neighbours like this? (don't write any cos you'll get told off.... that was rhetoric! :D)

All the terms I can think of for neighbours like this would end up censored, so I'll just give you all the stars for all the words I can think of in a more visually appealing format.

The_Horsehead_Nebula_B33_Orion_Nebu.jpg

CynthiaCypher

You know I love my chavvy Badger so much.

Nymphs

You do know what polyamory is...right?

It's not cheating. And if you think that is what it is, you need to look at the definition again.

P.S. If it wasn't clear, polyamorous people aren't cheating.

[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand how polyamory works?

Try again.

What on earth are you talking about?

Yes, you are done. You are done because you do not have even a simple grasp of what polyamory is. When you get that or would like an actual definition, please ask -- we will provide.

:cool:

Nymphs

And neither can the polyamorous, even more so.

Not true at all.

The only difference between monogamy and polyamory is the addition of partners in an open and honest and communicative relationship.

People are monogamous and people are polyamorous are no more likely to be cheaters. It's the person, not the type of relationship they are in.