• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polyamory or Monogamy?

Is polyamory or monogamy more natural?

• polyamory

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • monogamy

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • neither (state below)

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • other (state below)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You seem to be naive.

If you understood people, you would know that people tend to **** up. They tend to **** up a lot. This might be news for you, but people often do not act within their own best interest.

Now if you are having sexual activity with one partner, it just takes one partner to **** up to put everyone in danger. But with polyamorous you can multiple the chance of the **** up by the amount of partners in the relationship. Do not give me this bull **** that somehow being polyamorous give you some sort of superpower that makes you super-responsible, polyamorous people are still human and humans tend to **** up.

Understand me?

The day you provide a weight of empirical evidence in support of your speculations will be the day I find it possible to respect your reasoning.

kashmir

You seem to be naive.

If you understood people, you would know that people tend to **** up. They tend to **** up a lot. This might be news for you, but people often do not act within their own best interest.

Now if you are having sexual activity with one partner, it just takes one partner to **** up to put everyone in danger. But with polyamorous you can multiple the chance of the **** up by the amount of partners in the relationship. Do not give me this bull **** that somehow being polyamorous give you some sort of superpower that makes you super-responsible, polyamorous people are still human and humans tend to **** up.

Understand me?

exactly.
plus polyamorous means you are not content with one partner to begin with, so the risks are even more there to screw up, if boredom with said group comes into play.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
exactly.
plus polyamorous means you are not content with one partner to begin with, so the risks are even more there to screw up, if boredom with said group comes into play.

Jeebers! You really do love to speculate, don't you? If I was inclined to speculate as wildly as you, I'd say I was going to be a movie star because I can speak emphatically when I want to. You just have no idea how undisciplined your speculations are, do you?

kashmir

Logic without supporting empirical evidence is, often enough, mere trash.

I thought only religions were guilty of goal posting beliefs and putting the burden of proof back on others? :shrug:

logic reasoning is sound and self supporting
bias is not sound and is not self supporting

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It is more sound than bias against one or the other.

I thought only religions were guilty of goal posting beliefs and putting the burden of proof back on others? :shrug:

logic reasoning is sound.
bias is not sound.

If you actually knew anything about logical reasoning, you would know you've just created a straw man fallacy. I seriously doubt you have a grasp of what logic really is, let alone an appreciation for why it ought to be supported by a weight of empirical evidence.

By the way, what coursework have you completed in logic?

kashmir

If you actually knew anything about logical reasoning, you would know you've just created a straw man fallacy. I seriously doubt you have a grasp of what logic really is, let alone an appreciation for why it ought to be supported by a weight of empirical evidence.

By the way, what coursework have you completed in logic?

My bad
more=less
less=more

how silly of me, I guess I failed preschool where logic was taught. :facepalm:

CynthiaCypher

Risk factors
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Anyone who is sexually active risks exposure to a sexually transmitted infection to some degree. Factors that may increase that risk include:

Having sexual contact with multiple partners. The more people you have sexual contact with, the greater your overall exposure risks. This is true for concurrent partners as well as monogamous consecutive relationships.

That is from the Mayo Clinic website.

Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) Risk factors - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

kashmir

Odd, the unbeliever demands evidence from the believer but wants others to believe them when they cant prove themselves either.
Plus, to goal post it is what makes this more interesting.
"we are the logical ones who don't believe things unproven to us"
Then clearly stick their foots right in their mouths.
Then to contradict science?

You just cant make this sort of hypocrisy up.
epic

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My bad
more=less
less=more

how silly of me, I guess I failed preschool where logic was taught. :facepalm:

What you don't seem to grasp is that you habitually and tediously substitute rhetoric and semantics for sound logic. Whatever cheesy TV political pundit who taught you that should be sued. He or she didn't do you any favors.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Odd, the unbeliever demands evidence from the believer but wants others to believe them when they cant prove themselves either.

epic

You're totally lost. You haven't a clue what's going on, do you?

Nymphs

You seem to be naive.

Understand me?

People do **** up. But in polyamorous relationships, communication tends to be better, and you don't usually find people '*******' up because of that communication.

But it looks like I touched a nerve for you -- just because you've had a back experience with polyamory, doesn't mean it isn't a good thing. In fact, myself and many others have found it to be a very positive and amazing experience.

Last edited:

Nymphs

exactly.

And that is where you don't understand polyamory at all.

It is about allowing your partners to love whomever they would like while still loving you.

It isn't about boredom. :cover:

Nymphs

epic

We are asking you to prove your point. You can't. Your point?

kashmir

We are asking you to prove your point. You can't. Your point?

you have to prove yourself and now a few are attacking me personally instead of proving that polyamorous world views are immune to cheating?
so far, no one has tried, other than repeating "believe me without a shred of evidence to support it". :shrug:

I am open to evidence,do you have any that supports what you claim true?

Nymphs

you have to prove yourself and now a few are attacking me personally instead of proving that polyamorous world views are immune to cheating?
so far, no one has tried, other than repeating "believe me without a shred of evidence to support it". :shrug:

I am open to evidence,do you have any that supports what you claim true?

I'm provided lots of proof, including personal proof.

I never said that polyamorous world views are immune to cheating, I just said less likely because of clear communication values. Please retract your statement.

CynthiaCypher

People do **** up. But in polyamorous relationships, communication tends to be better, and you don't usually find people '*******' up because of that communication.

But it looks like I touched a nerve for you -- just because you've had a back experience with polyamory, doesn't mean it isn't a good thing. In fact, myself and many others have found it to be a very positive and amazing experience.

So polyamorous people now have magical communication skills? Oh please.