• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Clearly a premeditated plan of assault on one of the most sacred days of the Christian religion! Hard to imagine the discussions around the decision that lead to this get-out-the-Trump-vote gaff!
No, it's called a coincidence, like about 6 years ago when April's Fools and Easter fell on the same day.
Amd you Christians aren't supposed to be making idols and graven images anyways. You celebrate your messiah, not a day.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Btw

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Cesar Chavez Day!

And I hope you are all having a flamin hot Bunsen Burner Day! (be careful)

And of course most importantly, I hope you are all enjoying National Tater Day! I know I am. :p

Et je vous souhaite à tous une onne Journée Tour Eiffel!

And I I know you are all having a very creative National Crayon Day!

Believe it or not, I could go on.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

And then if you have a penis --- THAT, and nothing else, is what so many religious people think defines us. Truly sad, in my view.
I have come to realize transphobic rhetoric is also frequently misogynist and misandrist. They say science is horrible for breaking things down to what they are, but they are ones so welded to biological determination that making babies and your reproductive organs are the ultimate definition of sex and gender.

Shadow Wolf

Clearly a premeditated plan of assault on one of the most sacred days of the Christian religion! Hard to imagine the discussions around the decision that lead to this get-out-the-Trump-vote gaff!

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility, Donald Trump And Caitlyn Jenner Demand Apology To Christians​

Story by Ariela Anís

President Joe Biden is sparking fury nationwide, including reactions from both Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner, after declaring Easter Sunday as Transgender Day of Visibility, a day of awareness to celebrate the successes of transgender and gender-nonconforming people.........
Your link isn't working, by the way.

Colt

Then why was it declared as being Easter Sunday?

Yet another Biden moment here?
This is a quote from the scripture IMOP.

Romans 1:18-32

King James Version

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Colt

Where does the Bible say that? Those are your assumptions. Your judgements. You are speaking for God on this very specific thing

The truth is is that the Bible doesn't speak on the topic of gender dysphoria. So where does that leave you? How do you come to the judgement you've come to? How can something be against God when it isn't even addressed in the Bible?
Can a man pretending to be a women get pregnant?

Is a man pretending to be a cat really a cat?

Shadow Wolf

That doesn't say anything about making Easter Sunday into Trans Day of Visibility. Today has been the Day of Visibility for 15 years. It's half the calendar away from the Trans Day of Rememberance (definitely not a celebration), and a few months before Pride month.
Christians taking it personally are inserting themselves to make bad assumptions to make it about them and declare it an attack on them. This is just their own ignorance screaming they don't actually know dicks from dildos about transgender issues.

Colt

No, it's called a coincidence, like about 6 years ago when April's Fools and Easter fell on the same day.
Amd you Christians aren't supposed to be making idols and graven images anyways. You celebrate your messiah, not a day.
"Now, therefore, I, Joseph R. Biden Jr., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility."

If you really believe that this was not discussed in the White House beforehand then..................................

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have come to realize transphobic rhetoric is also frequently misogynist and misandrist. They say science is horrible for breaking things down to what they are, but they are ones so welded to biological determination that making babies and your reproductive organs are the ultimate definition of sex and gender.
Then, in my view, they must put down their silly notions of somehow being "not just animals," the idea that we are "spiritual beings." That doesn't fit within the notion that you are only your biological sex, not your socially identified gender. You might as well go and do what the other animals do -- get busy rutting, replace yourself with offspring, then get eaten. Because in that view, that's all you are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
This seems like just another mountain made of a mole hill for political reasons.

The day for Easter changes from year to year. The debate over when to celebrate Easter has been going on since the 2nd century and different denominations *still* celebrate on different days.

So, it is simply a coincidence that this year it falls on March 31.

The TDOV has been going on for the last 15 years *on the same date*.

It just seems a case of some Americans getting bent out of shape because people they don't like get recognition. Sorry, but that's life in a republic/democracy.

If we assume his logic is consistent - which I think is a stretch - it seems that @Colt thinks that acknowledging the existence of trans people on any date that could align with Easter is a problem. Apparently, trans people need to go into hiding from March 22 to April 24.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
There is a problem with lumping. The algorithm tries to deduce your political views and corner you and to show you what will please you. You can echo chamber yourself into hysterics. The algorithm is indeed adrenaline driven. Its one of the ways to get alternative views though like Tim Black. Just avoid the news shows mostly, and be choosy about your topics. If somebody has a very bad channel you can say "Don't show me videos from that channel." Some things on there are quite good like Robert Murray Smith and the Slingshot Channel. Adverts are very mild in tone about the same as on RF.

If you want an alternative you can try odysee.com. It tends to have a more conservative mix of presenters though, so if you're looking for Colbert or something like that you won't get it there.

I'm finishing a book called The Chaos Machine which implicates FaceBook and YouTube around the globe in the fomenting of civil and political unrest, conspiracies and misinformation often based in antipathy to marginalized groups. Many times, in many countries, by many experts in social psychology, programming, political analysts, the genesis was social media. A rumor was started, the algorithm pushed it from the fringes to the main pages of users who previously didn't even have an interest in the subject, and next thing you know, the rhetoric has turned to action. Christchurch. Myanmar. India. Chile. Charleston. The algorithm disproportionately pushes users farther right, and a few clicks will take them from cable news to the dark side of conspiracy, and it has a way of keeping users there. I'm going to post a thread review with some excerpts soon, because it's an important sharp look into what most people know vaguely or not at all. So thank you, but I don't want to get my news from YouTube except in a few circumstances, like a live feed by a reputable source on a breaking story that I can't get elsewhere.

rocala

This is a quote from the scripture
This is starting to make me so ------ angry. I don't care what you believe, I hope it makes you happy. There are two vital and important facts IMO. First, No book has ever been proven to be the word of God. Secondly, Nobody has even proved the existence of God/Gods.
So whatever you believe, it is for your personal space, not mine or anybody else's, just yours. So using your beliefs to bully and degrade people who are doing nothing wrong but by pure chance happen to be different from you is 100% intolerable and should be fought against.

If you cannot find something more important to get upset about, well, shame on you.

Shadow Wolf

This is a quote from the scripture IMOP.

Romans 1:18-32​

King James Version​

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
So? I care why? I plucked myself from the flock of your god for a reason, and it's not yours, or anyone's place, to attempt to bully, harass and threaten me back into compliance.

Last edited: