• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove you Exist.

Fluffy

A fool
crystalonyx said:
This sounds more like a matter of faith.
Why? We cannot say what sandy may or may not have experienced.

dopp said:
Of course . . . before I went to law school I studied Philosophy.
Wow it appears I am certainly not treading uncharted waters then.

crystalonyx

A math-prof friend of mine always said the answer to "How do I know I exist?" was "Who wants to know?"

:)

Bruce

Interesting point. I think existence has more answers than yes or no. There are levels of existence - the universe might be said to exist, but (according to most people), is not aware of its own existence. The same might be said of many life forms such as bacteria, or any life that is not self-aware. Then here we are contemplating our own existence, but what are we contemplating - the existence or our body(which will continue on as matter or energy after we die), or the existence of our own self-awareness, which will die when we die(IMHO).

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If I dont exist then what in the hell am I doing here?...Is this like the "matrix" or something???

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
He'd have to prove he exists before I could take his word for your existance.

But he wouldnt be trying to prove my existance to anyone else but himself..

So lets just say ...at least 2 people can prove their existance to one another..By some combination of cause and affect..Throw in some senses..And at least you can prove you exist in some way to one other..

Like I said...unless this is the matrix..but then still we exist..at least to oursleves..

Blessings

Dallas

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
But he wouldnt be trying to prove my existance to anyone else but himself..

So lets just say ...at least 2 people can prove their existance to one another..By some combination of cause and affect..Throw in some senses..And at least you can prove you exist in some way to one other..

Like I said...unless this is the matrix..but then still we exist..at least to oursleves..

Blessings

Dallas
People existed in the matrix.